Advanced search


(4 Posts)
user1467488046 Sat 02-Jul-16 20:47:47

I think I might have postnatal depression and I don't know who to talk to. I'm constantly exhausted, spend my day eating crap, snapping at my partner and lb. once the evening comes I spend most of it crying coz I can't get my baby girl to sleep and she won't settle for my partner or take a bottle so there is no break for me. I'm scared to talk to my gp or hv in case they get social service involved I don't want to lose my children because I'm feeling this way but I just want to stop feeling like this. Any advise would be great. Thank you.

DramaAlpaca Sun 03-Jul-16 00:40:09

Talk to your GP. Really, do it. Don't be scared. Talk to your GP or HV and tell them exactly how you are feeling. There is lots of help out there and you don't have to suffer in silence.

I promise you they won't get SS involved in a case of PND, and you won't lose your children.

I've been there. I had PND after DC3 and it was horrendous. My GP's help was a godsend. I recovered, and so will you.

Hope you feel better soon flowers

user1467488046 Sun 03-Jul-16 08:12:47

Thank you for your advice, it's good to know it does get better.

I am seeing my hv this week so I will mention it and ask for some help.

Thank you again X

PragmaticWench Sun 03-Jul-16 08:21:47

It's so hard to take that first step and say out loud that you feel wrong. I've been there and struggled for a very long time, which was awful. Nobody will want to take your children away I promise!

I'm now seeing a therapist and feel different, I wish for my family's sake that I'd spoken up before.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now