Talk

Advanced search

Anxiety, Tears and Meltdowns!!!

(7 Posts)
Bellabutterfly2016 Tue 29-Mar-16 21:47:48

Hi there,
My beautiful dd is 6 months old and I absolutely adore her - I'm an older Mum (I've waited a long time after several
Miscarriages) but I am really struggling to cope.
My house is a bombsite, my partner is doing shed loads of overtime to support us, my baby cries alot, I don't have much support, I'm worried about money and I find myself in tears most days over the most ridiculous things, like today I knocked over a pile of papers off the table and I was in bits. I'm totally exhausted and I just feel like it's one meltdown after another.
I can't put my finger on why I feel like this, I keep having panic attacks and I just feel horrendous. I thought it would get easier but it's actually just getting worse.
I don't know if it's pnd as I love my daughter but I'm just struggling to cope with it all - does anyone else feel like this?

Daria77 Wed 30-Mar-16 08:40:15

Hi there,
It's not easy to cope with a baby on your own, Especially If she does not sleep yet through the night. This makes you exhausted . I also had a tough time when I was at home during my maternity leave. Things went better when she started sleeping through the night. If you can, I would try to meet other mums, not only virtually. And maybe also talk to your GP or Health visitors about how you can sort this out with some help? There ' s no shame in this.
I wish you all the best.
Daria

Bellabutterfly2016 Wed 30-Mar-16 09:55:32

Thanks Daria I think I need to get some help before I have another meltdown - I just can't control the crying x

Firsttimer82 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:43:48

Its SO hard when you are on your own. My Husband works long shifts and it is very tough. Be kind to yourself, you are doing wonderfully i'm sure. We also tried for a baby for a very long time, wanted him so much and I still got PND sparked off by being on my own too much and trying to cope. I kicked my husband out our bedroom as I wanted him to sleep so he would be refreshed for work and shattered myself in the process. I love my son enormously but that has nothing to do with it really for me. i became very anxious and tearful and the GP and HV were amazing. I have also been on citalopram for 3weeks now after not wanting to take it for a fortnight and it has helped so much. You won't feel like this forever but you have to ask for help. Hugs xx

Bellabutterfly2016 Wed 30-Mar-16 23:43:36

Hey first timer thankyou so much for your kind words.
I think I'm worrying about admitting there's a problem if that makes sense!!
I'm gonna go to see the GP tho because I can't carry on like this, I'm mentally and physically exhausted with it all.
My partner works a lot but we're still very hard up with me not working and a lot of our friends seem to have bottomless pits of money for shopping outings and days out - all our money goes on food and bills!!! So I do feel a bit on my own with it all.
I just feel nervy and anxious all the time and sitting in rooms full of strangers with their babies makes me feel sick at the thought of it - as does returning to work it's awful xx

hazelnutts Wed 06-Apr-16 21:35:55

A deficiency in Vitamin b12 is supposed to lead to anxiety and depression. Try supplements or fortified breakfast cereal. Also meat fish and marmite.

Mummabear22 Thu 21-Apr-16 22:56:26

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you but my DD is 3 months, so I went to the GP and was diagnosed with PND and anxiety, as I was and still am finding it very hard to leave the house and do things. If I was you I would speak to your GP and your HV.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now