Talk

Advanced search

How late can PND start?

(3 Posts)
Witchywitchywitch Sat 26-Mar-16 09:01:46

Morning,

I'm trying to work out if how I feel is the start of depressin or just a short period of being overwhelmed by life. I have a 3.5 year old and 7 month old twins. Just recently I've started to feel completely swamped by everything. My children are a delight, and in many ways I'm enjoying it more second time around, even though it is tougher, and it's hard on my older child, which I don't like. I have very little support - no family nearby, husband working long hours, local friends who have busy lives. And I'm starting to find myself in tears daily. I live for the brief moments of freedom that I get. DH works long hours, and even when he's around he just talks about how tired he is and how he needs to rest after work or he'll get ill. And all I want is help with giving three children breakfast. The little things are affecting me more than they should. But my babies are 7 months old, too late for PND to start surely?

mrsmeerkat Sat 26-Mar-16 09:04:45

hi op I found I was getting very anxious and down when dc 2 was nine Months so I visited my go then.. I had a short gap between mine and was back to work so I am not sure was it one or just depression.
hope you feel feel a bit better soon flowers

mrsmeerkat Sat 26-Mar-16 09:07:36

I have no family support either. the gp said it was reactive.

we since have a babysitter and having something to look forward to has really helped. cannot imagine how hard seven month old twins and a toddler is. dh does need to cop himself on though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now