Talk

Advanced search

vaginal verses elective c section

(3 Posts)
KIM10 Tue 15-Mar-16 18:13:18

I have post traumatic stress disorder relating to rape and pregnancy birth have triggers I talked to my mental health midwife and I have to decide between having a vaginal birth or elective c- section help please with experience of same thing or having had vaginal and c-section I would be most appreciate of your advice and experience

Janecc Tue 15-Mar-16 18:45:59

Hi I don't have experience of rape. However I had a vaginal birth. I was very afraid of the birth and the nhs wanted to give me a c section because of health issues and I didn't know what I wanted to do. I also had ptsd to other reasons. In the end, on the advice of the nhs midwife, I used an independent midwife. Don't know if this is a viable option for you because I had to pay for this service. She worked with me, used counselling, imagery work, exercises and I went from being mega afraid to feeling like an earth mother going through a right of passage. If it isn't, perhaps your mental health midwife could help you go through imagery work/exercises, books, maybe find some appropriate counselling. I can imagine elected c section could also be a big thing. I'm really glad I went through a vaginal birth. But I'm not you. There are also doulas out there. Good luck X

Chchchchangeabout Tue 15-Mar-16 18:47:54

Can't help with your decision but would definitely suggest a doula or independent midwife you are comfy with if going for vaginal birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now