Talk

Advanced search

Got a prescription for Citalopram 10 mg for anxiety and pnd - any success stories?

(7 Posts)
Anroga76 Fri 11-Dec-15 07:11:47

Finally have given in to constant anxiety and pnd with 9 week old and got a prescription for 10mg of Citalopram before I start it this weekend any success stories would be welcome.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 11-Dec-15 07:24:52

It worked very well for me, I had CBT at the same time and was on 20mg. You may feel a bit dizzy / blurry to begin with but it did help me. I had PND anxiety - went from being characteristically messy to scrubbing plug holes with a toothbrush !

misssmilla1 Sat 02-Jan-16 01:28:56

Me; am 4 months PP and caved in about 6 weeks ago and went to the Dr with PND and anxiety. I'm on a really low dose at 5mg and doing some CBT sessions for the anxiety, but it's made a massive difference and that was within about 3 weeks.

Redglitter Sat 02-Jan-16 01:51:49

I'm currently on 40mg a day but it's worked better than anything else I've been on

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 02-Jan-16 01:59:59

Works great for me. I've just upped 10mg to 20mg under Gp supervision. I'm going through stress with work and it's really helped. I was on 20mg for ages before so feel fine.

Best of luck OP I hope it works soon. Congratulations on the birth of your baby smile

pieceofpurplesky Sat 02-Jan-16 02:09:56

Ive been on it now for years. 30 mg. I had dreadful pnd for almost two years but refused to do anything about it. DS is 11 now and I have been on it for 5 years.

FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 04-Jan-16 09:32:47

How are you OP?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: