Talk

Advanced search

Anxiety attacks waking me up

(2 Posts)
PinkPlaid Fri 30-Oct-15 10:02:40

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has been woken by an anxiety attack? I've been dozing off at night, then waking feeling like my airways are closed and my heart's pounding ten to the dozen. Also sweating too. I spoke to my GP and she said there's nothing wrong with me and it's anxiety, and to just "change position' if I wake up feeling like I can't breath.

I'm getting to the point where I dread going to sleep and was up till 5am the other night with a pounding heart. I am also crying because I feel like a fraud for being anxious like this, when the doctors are dealing with really poorly people. I want to 'pull myself together' but it's hard. I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression in the past (had cancer about 10 years ago), and took medication. I'm determined to do get through my pregnancy (I'm 23 weeks) without going back on it, but feel like the only option I have is to go back if things get too bleak.

Just hoping I'm not alone, thank you for reading x

KatyN Mon 30-Nov-15 23:04:31

Not sure that was the most helpful advice from your gp!!! I would go back and talk to them a but more. I occasionally wake up with anxiety but mostly just suffer when I'm awake.
Hopefully they can talk to you about medication if it's necessary.. I take stuff, I'm not sure why you would insist on pushing yourself not to take any if you need it.

Pregnancy is HArD.. Take (and ask for) all the help you can get!!

Kx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now