Talk

Advanced search

So depressed and 33 weeks pregnant

(4 Posts)
lostlady1 Mon 27-Jul-15 00:25:26

Hi all,

I just don't know what to do any more I feel I just do not want to be here any more and the baby is better off not coming into this world in this situation. I became pregnant to someone who I never thought would just up and leave me in fact he comes in and out my life all the time and emotionally destroys my soul. It feels so much worse now because I am hormonal, I never thought this would happen to me. I am old enough and wise enough to have not got into this situation but I have found my ex knew what he was doing, once I was vulnerable enough he left me and the baby. I feel I haven't got enough strength to keep going. People say to me it isnt that bad and so on but I have never felt this low and I have found when you are this down you don't seem to care about anyone but ending the pain. Every day is so long, I sit in my room on my bed for hours and I can't engage with anything. I cannot see it getting better only worse. I have spoke with my doctor and I am on medication to control my mood but I am so alone, I don't have family and friends can only help so much. This was meant to be a happy time but I feel nothing nothing at all. The fact I have his child makes me sick although I know it is not the babys fault. My entire life has fallen apart and I cannot get my strength back. How can I have allowed myself to let someone make me feel this low?? I need help becuase I can't go on I feel I need it to end.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 27-Jul-15 08:35:34

Hello LostLady

We hope you don't mind, but when these threads are flagged up to us we usually add a link to our Mental Health resources - here. You can also go to the Samaritans' website here, or email them on jo@samaritans.org.

Support from other Mumsnetters is great and we really hope you will be able to take some comfort from your fellow posters, but as other MNers will tell you, it's really a good idea to seek RL help and support as well.

We also like to remind everyone that, although we're awed daily by the astonishing support our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns, we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster, emotionally or financially, than they can afford to spare.

Do please seek further RL help - kindest kindest wishes to you

SSSMITH87 Wed 29-Jul-15 00:26:45

I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling and to most parts I can relate and know how crap it is. I suffered badly with depression/anxiety from around 6 weeks and am still on the road to recovery at 36weeks. What helped for me was medication, acupuncture and taking time for myself to work through those shitty thoughts I was having. But please stay strong and fight the negative thoughts. Try to think of at least one positive thing a day and try to get yourself out the house at least once a day, doesn't have to be anywhere special. You are obviously in a really bad place, keep hounding your Dr and make sure they know you feel this way, I got some counselling which really helped, but you have to really make it clear how much you are struggling.
Please please don't give up. I wish there was a simple and quick way to help but unfortunately it all comes down to you fighting how you feel and getting help. X

Mummytothree3 Wed 29-Jul-15 22:07:07

Please seek help. I was dumped by my boyfriend when I was 19 and pregnant and that little boy is now 20 and training to be a teacher. I then had a daughter in 2011 which went well but when I had my son in 2013 I suffered delayed post natal depression because i didnt talk about how I was feeling earlier. I'm still on medication but most of the time, things are good. You need to accept help and talk about it. It's bloody hard work being pregnant and having babies, please don't be alone luv Claire

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now