Talk

Advanced search

PND Help please

(3 Posts)
Janjers Thu 04-Dec-14 00:19:50

Don't know where to start but from the start it's been very difficult. After a difficult pregnancy ( threatened miscarriage, illness, so on). Got induced art 40 weeks but ended up with emergency c section and due to bad reaction to Epidural couldn't hold or feed my baby for hours. She has had v bad feeding issues from day one, reflux and suspected CMPI which ended up with refusal to BF so had to start formula feeding at 2 months. She is 5 months old now and still no solution in sight despite different meds, formulas, colic remedies and natural remedies. I'm very stressed, anxious and teary alot. I try my best to get out and about and have good support from hubby and family but it's so very hard each day when I know the battle that's ahead of me to feed my little girl.

ExtraVolume Thu 04-Dec-14 00:28:57

You poor thing, sounds very tough.

Have you had a de-brief about what happened during labour. I found it helped to be able to ask why X or Y was or wasn't done, whether they could have predicted it etc.

Reflux might get slightly better when you start solids so that is something.

Do you get time to yourself, a lie in while dd goes out in the pram or time to go swmming or whatever you used to do, when you are 100% not responsible for her. It really helps to get through the rough patches to know you have that re-charge time.

Janjers Thu 04-Dec-14 09:42:22

Hi ya thanks for replying. No I didn't have a De brief at all but I think it's something worth looking into. Some days are much better than others but I ha hoped that things would have eased a little by now. Starting solids soon so fingers crossed that you are right and it does help. In the last couple of weeks I am getting time away for myself and going to the gym does help. It's just good to get it off my chest sometimes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now