Talk

Advanced search

mental mummy???

(3 Posts)
mummytait2014 Sat 22-Nov-14 20:07:16

Hi all, I'm new to mumsnet. I just came on here looking for some advice really. I have 2 children (3 and 1) and a supportive husband. I had PND after our first was born but seemed fine after our second. However recently I've been pretty down and finding it hard to cope. I feel like I'm loosing my marbles. I forget everything, talk nonsense and cry at everything. My second is now 16months. I don't feel the same as I did when I had PND. Now I feel a lot more frustrated which lead to me being angry and sometimes doing silly things like slapping my forehead or feeling like I want to smack my head of a window or something. My children are never in any danger. My anger and frustration is at myself. I feel so thick, so stupid. Worthless at times. I used to be really quick witted, organised and interesting. Now I'm a shell. A mummy. I know I could help myself out of this slump by doing exercise or something but having the get up and go to do it is hard to find right now.

Anyway I've rambled on enough and I feel like I'm being stupid as there are much worse off people than myself.

PrettyPictures92 Sat 22-Nov-14 20:12:31

Anger and frustration are also signs of depression. Your feelings of wanting to hit your head off things are a bit worrying though, I'd say you need to see a gp. Have you talked to your partner about this? Some support can go a long way.

PrettyPictures92 Sat 22-Nov-14 20:14:25

Also, and I really do mean this kindly as I assume that you didn't mean it in a bad way, the term "mental mummy" isn't that great to use. Just because you're a depressed mother doesn't make you mental smile hope you're feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now