Talk

Advanced search

feeling blue

(6 Posts)
weescottishlassie13 Wed 12-Feb-14 08:10:01

I have a lovely 8month old son who I adore and a husband who I love and who loves me and our DS. And have been really lucky to b able to take almost a year off work. My husband works long hours ( he's away 12hr days) and doesnt get to see DS as much as we would like. Last night we got into a major argument about me wanting to go out with a friend by myself one day to shop and have a few drinks. I said he could look after DS since he hasn't done that by himself for a full day and thought he would like it. He thought i was having a go about him not seeing DS and trying to make him feel bad - I wasnt! He thinks cause I go out seeing friends/ at groups I shouldn't complain... 'your life is not all bad'. But ive only been out by myself a handful of times since DS was born. Am I being unreasonable? Ive tried explaining its different just being myself... but he doesnt understand. He has lots of commitments outside of work but its mainly charity stuff so apparently it doesn't really count. I really feel I dont have any confidence doing stuff by myself any more... which worries me when I go back to wrk. I dont enjoy being a housewife and feel im crap at it but love being a mum. Ive got a feeling its going to just get worse when I start back part time. I know you have to make sacrifices when u become a mum but surely it doesn't have to be this way?

Meemaw23 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:56:14

Every

Meemaw23 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:58:07

Everyone needs alone time now and again and you and your partner should work out a routine where you's both get time to yourself or if you can get a babysitter so you's can both spend time together. Everyone is entitled to some time with friends or al

Meemaw23 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:58:29

Alone. So if I was you I would be tell

Meemaw23 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:59:00

Telling my hubby straight sorry for this being all over the place. X

weescottishlassie13 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:11:48

Thanks Meemaw. I just couldn't believe his reaction. Tried to bring it up again but he wouldnt listen. Think I'm going to try to let it settle down again and then broach it again. Its so difficult cause he just doesnt get my point of view! Just going to try to not get too down about stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now