Talk

Advanced search

PND or am I just a twit?

(7 Posts)
pocopearl Tue 11-Feb-14 00:41:02

My ds is 6 months old and its only been in the last couple of weeks I have been feeling like this. Im crying or on the verge of tears. I cant fall asleep at night. Anxiety about leaving house with lo is alot worse have had this from the start but im fine with just me or with dh. I was seeing my hv about the leaving the house thing but couldnt bring myself to go to drs to see her so cancelled and they havent been in touch since. I always have this feeling in the pit of my stomach like something is gping to happen. I don't seem to care about anything anymore and cant bring myself to do simple tasks. I constantly feel like im letting my dh down and im pretty sure I am. I feel like such a sh*t and lazy wife but cant seem to bring myself to do anything about it. Im so afraid he is going to leave me. He probably will and I wouldn't blame him. Sorry to ramble im just being a twit I know. Feel a bit like a fraud posting this on a pnd thread. Prob just need someone to tell me to stop being selfish.

underthebluemoon Tue 11-Feb-14 00:43:23

I'm no expert but this does sound like pnd. You are not being selfish. Please phone your go or HV in the morning and tell them how you are feeling.

underthebluemoon Tue 11-Feb-14 00:44:03

Gp that should say. Good luck.

BigArea Tue 11-Feb-14 00:45:46

Poco please do go to your GP. It's horrible feeling like this and they will be able to help you. You aren't any of the things you are calling yourself

BigArea Tue 11-Feb-14 00:49:20

Ps CBT and antidepressants helped me enormously and the main thing I learned in CBT was to treat myself as I would treat a friend - be kind to yourself and cut yourself a bit of slack Poco smile

BigArea Tue 11-Feb-14 19:16:39

How are you today Poco?

underthebluemoon Tue 11-Feb-14 21:40:49

Poco, how are you doing? Did you manage to speak to anyone today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now