Advanced search


(4 Posts)
Caronline Wed 06-Feb-13 21:33:12

Hello I think a visit to the doctor is worth it even if you cant take AD's - they might be able to help in another way. I was referred for counselling and this helped me. Sorry you are feeling this way xxxxxx

peanutdream Tue 05-Feb-13 21:51:03

Or can someone take over so you can sleep?? Even if its during the day. Sometimes sleep begets sleep!

peanutdream Tue 05-Feb-13 21:49:12

Hi DuckWaddle, I'm sorry u are having such a low time - sounds horrible to wake up crying sad. Its terrible feeling so low about things, and the lack of sleep won't be helping.

Have you got a husband or partner you could ask for direct support to give you a break? Then do something good for yourself - go for a massage/do a gentle exercise class or something. Or is it more than that - it might help to talk about it to someone? Another mum at your stage that you can confide in?

DuckWaddle Tue 05-Feb-13 20:12:00

I think I have pnd. I have a 4mo dd who is a difficult baby- big crier, bad sleeper etc. I had lots of physical problems post birth which limited what I could do but even though it was tough I didn't feel depressed. In the last few weeks I've suddenly felt very low and can't sleep. I wake up and cry because I feel very alone with it. I've never been depressed before so not sure if I do have pnd. Why would it come on now? I'm not sure if it's worth seeing a doc though as I can't take anti depressants (allergy) so is there anything else they can do? To be honest I find admitting there is a problem hard.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: