Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Greenwich / Blackheath Nov 2010 mums to be

(227 Posts)
londonbump Sat 19-Jun-10 14:53:22

Hi,

My first child is due in Nov and I live in Greenwich. I would love to get together with some other local mums to be maybe compare bumps, pregnancy and chat over a coffee?

Anyone else locally due this Autumn?

xx

leepod Mon 21-Jun-10 17:58:24

Hi Londonbump....

Live in Greenwich myself, but more a winter baby here, due Jan 2011.

Would be happy to meet up though...

londonbump Mon 21-Jun-10 19:53:47

How exciting! Is it your first?

Would be fab to meet up. I'm keen to get to know some local mums.

Thanks for the reply,

leepod Tue 22-Jun-10 11:43:46

It is my first too - so I am sure we have a shared amount of nerves and excitement!

It doesn't seem like I can send you a message through 'contact a mumsnetter' - I might be doing something wrong?

Would be lovely to meet up. I am in West Greenwich, bottom of Blackheath Hill....

Speak soon and have a lovely day londonbump

londonbump Wed 23-Jun-10 18:07:49

Thanks for your message! I'll try the "contact" now. Maybe it'll work from my end????

Hope to see you soon

x

londonbump Wed 23-Jun-10 18:12:34

I tried to contact you but it wouldn't let me either?! I didn't have the right email options selected (you can change it on this page
http://www.mumsnet.com/InTouch). I've changed my settings so you might have more luck messaging me now!

Hope that helps!

FlorCampestre Thu 24-Jun-10 16:45:29

Hello All! I live in Blackheath and my baby is due in August. If you ever organise any "pregnancy gathering" for a nice chat, please let me know and I will be delighted to join you!

Stickhasgrownup Thu 24-Jun-10 18:35:06

Me too! Can I come?
I'm due 2nd Sept and live in Eltham, so not too far! grin

londonbump Fri 25-Jun-10 12:04:15

Sounds great! Lets all get together? Is an evening suitable? How exciting! x

leepod Fri 25-Jun-10 13:11:23

Londonbump - I think I have finally managed to send you a message....

Yayayay for meetup!!
(Altho, to be perfectly honest, I am still really rather nervous about accepting this is real until I have had my 12 week scan on 12 July.......)

x

londonbump Fri 25-Jun-10 17:54:21

Ok great, I don't know how to pick it up?! Will try sending you a message!

Why don't we do Thursday 15th July in Blackheath?

How does that suit everyone?

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Xx

londonbump Fri 25-Jun-10 17:58:16

Ps - Everyone is anxious before 12 week scan but you'll be amazed at what you can see. Is fascinating! Try not to worry too much love.

I've just returned from 20 week scan. All fine with baby - fit and healthy and wriggling away but the placenta is low so I'm having to be rescanned at 34 weeks to see if it has moved!?! hmmmmmmmmm
xxx

FlorCampestre Fri 25-Jun-10 18:29:41

I am free the whole month of July! :-)
Thursday, the 15th in Blackheath sounds good to me!
What time and whereabouts?

Stickhasgrownup Fri 25-Jun-10 21:02:12

15th sounds good... hopefully won't be too late as I need my beauty sleep! grin

londonbump Sat 26-Jun-10 13:06:13

Early sounds good! Pregnancy + full time work = knackered! 7pm? Any suggestions where?

FlorCampestre Sat 26-Jun-10 17:34:19

There is a lovely cafe just nearby the church, in the centre of Blackheath called Montpelier's.
Here is the address:

35 Montpelier Vale,
Blackheath,
SE3 0TJ

What do you think?

Hope you are all enjoying the sun today!

Stickhasgrownup Mon 28-Jun-10 11:03:35

I'm happy to go anywhere (as long as I can park the car nearby!) grin

Are we thinking food or just drinks? I can't cope with skipping meals these days grin

FlorCampestre Mon 28-Jun-10 14:25:09

...on the other hand I can't have much to eat these days... But I am sure there is a variation on the menu to suit us all! :-)

As for parking, I think near the church there is plenty of space and it is free. Or, there is a pay and display just in the parking area near the library and Post Office.

Hope you are all enjoying your day. It's been great outside!

Stickhasgrownup Mon 28-Jun-10 14:44:29

FlorCampestre - When in August are you due?
Useful to know where the free parking is... I usually park in the station and pay a fortune!

londonbump Mon 28-Jun-10 22:10:20

Pleased it is all coming together. :D looking forward to it.

I'm not sure if Montpeliers does evening food or their opening times - FlorCampestre or anyone else do you know? I'd hate us all to turn up and it be shut!

The weather has been lovely. I'm not finding it easy to keep cool though!

Hope you are all well x

FlorCampestre Tue 29-Jun-10 10:33:09

Good morning all!

londonbump you are right! Montpeliers will not suit our 7 o'clock arrangement. I have just phoned them and they close at 5 pm during the week!

How about Zero Degrees everyone? It's just next door to Montpeliers and they are open until late. The menu is quite varied and there are tables outside, if we fancy that!

Stickhasgrownup: I will double check the free parking space but I am pretty sure that outside working hours the places near the church are free of charge. Failing that, the roads leading to Kidbrooke are free any time of the day - if you don't mind a 10/15 minute walk to the village...

Hope you are all having a good day and that it's not so long until we meet up!

PS: I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday, who lives locally, and she would like to join us too! I hope it is ok? (By the way she is pregnant too - and her baby is due in November!)

londonbump Tue 29-Jun-10 21:55:01

The more the merrier!! She is very welcome.

Thanks for phoning Montpeliers...

Zero degrees sounds good..... Do we all need to wear a rose wink or will the bumps be enough!? smile

Looking forward to the 15th - 2 weeks today!

Hope all you ladies and bumps are well.

xx

leepod Thu 01-Jul-10 12:34:49

Helloo helloo!

So excited to see this all coming together. I will definitely also be coming along

I think the bumps might be a giveaway - but that said, my bump isn't reeeeeally showing, only due in January

Really looking forward to this...

Wishing all ladies and bumps some cool in this heat..

xx

FlorCampestre Thu 01-Jul-10 13:22:04

yes, we definitely need some cool in this heat! But let's not complain as we all know what the winter months can be like!

15th is now noted down in my diary, so really looking forward to it!(My bump can no longer be hidden so I am sure I can be easily spotted!)

Enjoy the rest of the week and see you all fairly soon! xx

FingonTheValiant Mon 05-Jul-10 16:22:51

Hello all,

Londonbump sent me over here from another thread, hope you dont mind if I join in? I'm due in October and I'm in Charlton.

I'm fairly certain I'm free for the 15th, but my brain is mush, so I'll run it by dh who is now my PA blush

Looking forward to meeting people

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now