Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Some advice please re Jobs!!

(5 Posts)
sarahlou1 Wed 03-Aug-05 10:39:22

Not sure if this is the best section to put this in but here we go!! I found out yesterday am expecting baby no. 2 - have just moved house because of DH job & have been looking for part time work. Have got an interview tomorrow & am wondering what to do - we really need the money - if I tell them I'm pg in the interview this is sure to put them off, do I keep quiet & if get the job tell them then or start the job & keep quiet until 12 weeks & hope they are o.k. about it. Would be grateful for any advice. Thanks

kid Wed 03-Aug-05 10:42:31

I wouldn't mention the pregnancy to them yet, wait until you get the job.
I don't think you would be entitled to maternity pay from them as you need to be there for a certain amount of time.

acnebride Wed 03-Aug-05 10:43:57

I'd say probably keep quiet and tell them as late as you can. My favourite site for employment rights info is www.tiger.gov.uk. hTH

throckenholt Wed 03-Aug-05 10:48:10

don't say anything. Plenty of people don't know they are pregnant until later on anyway. Hope you get the job.

sarahlou1 Wed 03-Aug-05 11:05:54

Thanks for that - has put my mind at rest - still feel really guilty though!! Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: