January 2011 - New year, new baby!

(996 Posts)
BigHairyLeggedSpider Thu 29-Apr-10 11:46:56

Thread for all of us due in early 2011.

Come and share here!

33, first baby, feel sick as a badger.

FunkyMonkey1983 Thu 29-Apr-10 15:33:42

Hi, I'm 26 and EDD 3 January.

Not many symptoms yet apart from tiredness and inflated boobs, which DH is loving!

Reb01 Thu 29-Apr-10 15:42:27

Hiya,

I'm 33, EDD is 5th January and this is my first baby. Very excited.... and also very anxious which I guess is normal. Doctors appointment tomorrow, no major symptoms just yet

Reb01 Thu 29-Apr-10 15:43:34

Actually thats a big lie... I'm 34... maybe there are some symptoms after all, lol

FunkyMonkey1983 Thu 29-Apr-10 20:19:03

Is anyone else feeling sick after eating? I don't have ms yet but everytime I eat I feel sick and quite tired and have to have a lie down.

Playingatmotherhood Thu 29-Apr-10 20:21:24

Hi everyone.

I had dropped into the pg thread but thought it was time to potter over here.

I'm 27, I have 1DS who is nearly 14 months. This will be my 3rd pg as I mc'd my second pg in March at 8 weeks, which was only 6.5 weeks ago and I'm already pg again without having a period! EDD 30/12 - 1/1. Obviously it will be a slightly nervous time for me but with a 1 in 4 chance of things going wrong, I have to keep telling myself the odds are in my favour.

Sympton wise atm my boobs are very sore, I am knackered (how much of that is looking after a 14month old who like to get up before 6am is hard to tell), hungry, have a headache (which is normal for me) and feel a little nauseous when I get hungry but nothing startling to report.

If I am honest I am dreading this pg as well as being excited. Last successful pg I was sick till 20 weeks and got really incapacitating pelvic girdle and back pain from about 24 weeks till 34 weeks. This time round I have a DS and no car, so am not quite sure how I'll cope. Desperately hoping thing won't be as bad this time!

Looks like we need a list to keep on track:

Playing, 27, pg3 (1DS) EDD 1st Jan
FunkyMonkey, 26, EDD 3rd Jan
Reb01, 34, pg1?, EDD 5th Jan
BigHairyLeggedSpider, 33 pg1?

Playingatmotherhood Thu 29-Apr-10 20:24:47

Please feel free to change and update the list if you don't like the format, just thought we neede to get something started to keep us on track with who is who.

Funky - I don't get sick after food yet but get a little heartburn (only get that in pg) which can lead to sickness so am pretty sure it will develop into it soon.

AxisofEvil Thu 29-Apr-10 20:44:22

Thanks for starting the thread BigHairyLeggedSpider

I'm 32, EDD 3 Jan with my first (hopefully!)

Cherrybaby Thu 29-Apr-10 20:45:45

lols...Feel like abit of an intruder at the mo...still not done that test, but here I am, lurking and hoping!

Margie32 Fri 30-Apr-10 10:40:37

Hi everyone,

I explained my story over on the original board, so I'll be brief. I'm Margie, I'm 31, this is my second pregnancy but very sadly we lost our son in March when I was 18.5 weeks pregnant.

I'm due on Jan 2nd, but it's actually hard to work out the exact dates as I didn't have a period between the MC and getting PG again. We've gone against our doctors' recommendation, as he told us to wait 2 cycles, so when we go for the first scan I'm expecting a bollocking...but at least he'll be able to help us out with dates.

As I am PG again really soon after going through major emotional upheaval I feel very up and down at the moment, and am trying not to get too excited until I'm a bit further along. At the moment I just can't quite believe it's real!

I really don't have any symptoms yet, but I didn't have any at this stage of the first pregnancy either. I am really tired, but I'm a secondary school teacher and form tutor to a bunch of year 8s, so I'm tired all the time anyway! The only thing I've noticed is a metallic taste in my mouth occasionally, and I'm a bit more hungry than normal.

Thanks for starting the list Playing, am going to add myself:

Margie, 31, pg2, EDD 2nd Jan

Margie32 Fri 30-Apr-10 10:44:44

Oops, forgot to you Axis - sorry. Here it is again:

AxisofEvil, 32, pg1, EDD 3rd Jan

Louindevon Fri 30-Apr-10 10:51:14

Hello everyone, just adding me:-

Louise age 36, third baby (after 6 year gap!) EDD 2nd Jan

Louindevon, 36, pg3, EDD 2nd Jan

God, I'm the oldest, how depressing!!

Still no symptoms and now totally bored and frustrated!

I want to tell people, but can't
I want to have a scan, but can't
I want to buy stuff, but can't

Argh!

Will stop moaning as soon as the morning sickness kicks in, then I'll complain about that!

Speak soon!

charncoco Fri 30-Apr-10 23:28:50

evening ladies, congratulations to you all!
....ok so this is me cautiously entering onto this thread.Was previously on the due oct 2010 thread but had an ectopic (peritoneal) pregnancy in feb so....anyways, i find myself here

my story so far - 3 faint positive tests in the last 2 days grin (along with a couple negs from diff brands diff sensitivities i guess angry) praying to god this one's sticky!!! I'm waiting to get my first strong line still so fingers crossed over the weekend, i'm not due AF til tomoro so that will be the deciding factor i think
I hope this is all coming true and i look forward to hopefully making some great friends on here xxxxxxxxxxx sticky dust to everyone xxxxxxxxxx

charncoco Fri 30-Apr-10 23:39:52

oh and a little bit of my hostory, this is my 3rd pregnancy, i have one dd who turned 3 wed just gone (28th), and my 2 nd pregnancy was earlier this year. my god i hope this 3rd ones ok xxx

Kiki84 Sat 01-May-10 17:55:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

postmodern Sat 01-May-10 21:53:44

Hello everyone!
I'm 28, due January 7th - this will hopefully be my second, I have a 4 year old daughter but have had 2 miscarriages since she was born. Really nervous but I had to tell someone as we are waiting to tell people in case this one doesn't work out.
x

stenogirl Sun 02-May-10 09:19:48

Congratulations everyone and good luck!

I'm 36 PG1 EDD 1st Jan

Symptoms: metallic taste, lightheaded, sore boobs and hormonal

Starberries Sun 02-May-10 10:10:08

Kiki, 25, pg1 EDD 1st Jan
steno, 36, pg1 EDD 1st Jan
Starberries, 22, pg1, EDD 5th Jan
postmodern, 28, pg2, EDD 7th Jan

Have updated list! I am 22, same-sex partner is 24 and we are expecting our first baby after only 2 months of trying - very unexpected but absolutely thrilled! We are due on 5th Jan. She doesn't have any symptoms yet apart from feeling nauseous when hungry, and wanting to eat things she sees on TV!

Took a First Response 3 days ago, very faint, 2 days ago, faint but just slightly darker, cheapies were negative, bought a Clearblue digital and said 'Pregnant! 1-2 weeks'. Yippee grin

grumperina Sun 02-May-10 11:53:33

Hello all! I found out today that I'm pregnant (AF now a couple of days late). I'm 33 and this is my first pregnancy, so I've got no idea what to expect... due date is some time between 3 and 7 January depending on how long this cycle would have been, but I'll split the difference and say it's 5 January 2011!

Have been very tired for the last few days - feel as if I've been bashed on the head with a sledgehammer - and have also had extremely sore boobs. Apart from that, nothing...

Updated stats:

Grumperina, 33, pg1, EDD 5th Jan
BigHairyLeggedSpider, 33 pg1?, EDD 6th Jan
Charncoco, ??, pg3, EDD??

FunkyMonkey1983 Sun 02-May-10 16:28:04

I forgot to say that this is my first pregnancy!

mummychicken Sun 02-May-10 19:46:15

<waves at louinlondon and Grumperina>>

I've added myself (the old bird) to the list

FunkyMonkey, 26,pg1 EDD 3rd Jan
Grumperina, 33, pg1, EDD 5th Jan
BigHairyLeggedSpider, 33 pg1?, EDD 6th Jan
mummychicken, 38, pg2 (1DS) EDD 8th Jan
Charncoco, ??, pg3, EDD??

Still reeling from the shock of a BFP this morning. I've got no "real" symptoms but have just eaten and feel a bit queasy

monipenny Sun 02-May-10 23:10:48

Hi All, First posting, just joined the site. Reb01, snap! 34 yrs old, EDD 4.1.11. First timer - freaking out a little.....

Margie32 Mon 03-May-10 10:28:26

Morning all,

Does anyone just not really feel pregnant at all? I've got this horrible vision of us turning up to first scan and it all being some terrible mistake and I'm not really PG at all. I'm definitely not wishing for morning sickness or anything grim like that, it just feels like these next 7 weeks before we get it confirmed are going to go SO slowly. I think I'll definitely be off to the chemist to get myself another test soon...

I also wanted to pick your brains about the booze question. Are you off the booze for good for the next 9 months, or do you think the occasional glass of wine is ok? Last time I was PG the doc said that the odd glass of wine was fine, but I'd be interested to hear what other people think.

mummychicken Mon 03-May-10 12:09:55

Margie I feel the same as you -not a single symptom. If it wasn't for AF being late and getting a positive test I wouldn't believe it! (I'm actually wondering if I got a false positive!)

As for booze. I had the very occasional glass of wine last time I was pg. There are so many "experts" that tell us don't do this or that and put the fear of god into you if you so much as walk past someone having a fag! or sniff a martini! The French carry on eating UNPASTURISED soft cheese !!!! The point is no one knows. I want to enjoy my pregnancy and if I want to have the odd glass I will.

Please note - I am NOT condoning getting pissed or drinking every day

Starberries Mon 03-May-10 16:53:23

No symptoms at all here either apart from some cramping, similar to menstrual pains, which has us in a bit of a flurry. Anyone experienced this? We've checked online and apparently it can be common, there hasn't been blood or pain, just an uncomfortable light cramping on both sides...

Also, DP is going to call the GP tomorrow, but how does it work scheduling a midwife appointment, who is this midwife (how is she selected), and we are really unhappy with our local hospital - is there any way to have the baby at another one? confused

Sorry for all the questions!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now