Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Baby's room - quick question

(7 Posts)
Elf1981 Tue 19-Jul-05 13:02:49

We're currently decking out what will be our nursery for our first who is due at the beginning of October. We've got wooden floors rather than carpets etc, but are having a bit of a dilemma about the walls!

Basically, I know that cots etc should not be treated with anything toxic, and ideally paint suitable for a childs room should be used.

My issue is that we painted the room a few months back and the wall paper is fine and in good condition. Can we just paint over in a new colour, or should we be stripping the walls and making sure it's all baby friendly products that are used??

mandyc66 Tue 19-Jul-05 13:08:46

I would just paint over. But if anything happens dont blame me!!!
To be honest i have never come across a baby licking walls!!!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 19-Jul-05 13:09:40

just paint over elf.... if its been done a while, nothing will be harmful.

what colours are you going for?

Elf1981 Tue 19-Jul-05 13:30:05

Phew, as I know if we have to strip the walls and repaper it will take forever!
We're going for an eggshell kind of colour, esp as we dont know the sex. We've got a very light wooden flooring, it's a creamy white colour as we've got pine furniture so didn't want the floor to be darkish as well.
Got a few bits of the Zeddy and Rhubarb collection, though not loads of stuff, just a few pieces so it will blend in with the colours chosen.

DH has said that when the baby comes, after a couple of months we can redecorate to suit the sex, even pink if it's a girl and DH hates pink!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 19-Jul-05 13:41:40

bless.

we are army, so magnolia here.... but we did paint jess's furniture pink with darker pink stencilled flowers... looks fantastic!

will no doubt do the same to whatever this little suprise may be.

We have got the winnie the pooh stick-a-round stickers on her wall which are removable - talking of which, really must start to take them down before the move!

Twiglett Tue 19-Jul-05 13:43:25

never even thought about it .. unless your walls are lined with asbestos I wouldn't worry about anything like this

it is a bad idea to have a newborn in a freshly painted room without airing it out first, but that's the only thing to look out for

congratulations btw

mandyc66 Tue 19-Jul-05 16:24:59

miss the nursery So many children now and not enough rooms little one shares with us then moves into boys dorm!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: