Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hands and feet!

(4 Posts)
Paddysmum Mon 11-Jul-05 10:40:26

Hi everyone. I am 31 weeks on Wednesday and although baby is quite a little bouncer and i feel a lot of movement (felt first flutter at 16 wks) I am yet to feel any part of his body specifically - namely a foot or a hand. When are you generally able to distniguish or actually see a hand or foot appear?

hunkermunker Mon 11-Jul-05 10:43:37

I never did with DS, even though he used to kick me loads - kicks are harder than punches and he used to do a lot of "fiddling" with his hands that I felt at the bottom of my bump, so I knew he was head down! Was impossible to tell which way he was lying, even the midwife had trouble sometimes!

Miaou Mon 11-Jul-05 10:51:14

I'm 37 weeks with my third, and this is the first time I have been able to distinguish hands from feet, knees from elbows etc, couldn't even tell with dd2 what was what! I also know exactly which way the baby is lying this time too, which I never did before. I would say it's a combination of practice and my muscles/uterus being a lot more stretchy this time so I can feel more!

Harriett Mon 11-Jul-05 15:50:20

Hi. I am now 39+4 and have a really active baby in here! I feel her little hands poking me and can see her legs as they are desperately trying to stretch out of my sides- it's getting very uncomfortable and am REALLY looking forward to going into labour- it had better be soon though as am starting to go stir-crazy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: