Talk

Advanced search

Hands and feet!

(4 Posts)
Paddysmum Mon 11-Jul-05 10:40:26

Hi everyone. I am 31 weeks on Wednesday and although baby is quite a little bouncer and i feel a lot of movement (felt first flutter at 16 wks) I am yet to feel any part of his body specifically - namely a foot or a hand. When are you generally able to distniguish or actually see a hand or foot appear?

hunkermunker Mon 11-Jul-05 10:43:37

I never did with DS, even though he used to kick me loads - kicks are harder than punches and he used to do a lot of "fiddling" with his hands that I felt at the bottom of my bump, so I knew he was head down! Was impossible to tell which way he was lying, even the midwife had trouble sometimes!

Miaou Mon 11-Jul-05 10:51:14

I'm 37 weeks with my third, and this is the first time I have been able to distinguish hands from feet, knees from elbows etc, couldn't even tell with dd2 what was what! I also know exactly which way the baby is lying this time too, which I never did before. I would say it's a combination of practice and my muscles/uterus being a lot more stretchy this time so I can feel more!

Harriett Mon 11-Jul-05 15:50:20

Hi. I am now 39+4 and have a really active baby in here! I feel her little hands poking me and can see her legs as they are desperately trying to stretch out of my sides- it's getting very uncomfortable and am REALLY looking forward to going into labour- it had better be soon though as am starting to go stir-crazy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now