Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Due in July 2005 - Part 5 (The Last??!!)

(477 Posts)
Bagpuss30 Thu 23-Jun-05 12:21:03

OK everyone, here it is. Who will be first to post their announcement I wonder?

Harriett Thu 23-Jun-05 14:53:02

hi.
wish I was posting my announcement!!!
I don't know if it's because I am having my first, but baby is still really high up, none of the symptoms of engagement that you listed, mirashark, and I am due the same day as you! I look like I have this enormous beach ball right in the middle of my stomach, a real comedy bump. But she is slowing her movements down a bit and feels really heavy and strong so I guess I'm moving in the right direction...
Today I started with great intentions to finish off the nursery and make black out blinds etc... but ended up in the garden with a good book. And Diagnosis Murder is on in 10 mins so just time for a quick shop on ebay etc. How quickly have I slipped back into a crazy studenty lifestyle with no work to keep me from turning into a couch potato! Still, I'm sure that this is the last opportunity to do any lazing about for what, about 20 years or so?
How is everyone today? x

Eulalia Thu 23-Jun-05 15:49:07

mirashark - I was engaged fairly early on with my first but he was 8 days late. I don't think it makes any difference to when the baby will come.

Not a lot of news from here - baby just growing nice and slowly and kicking a lot. Have only just started getting up for the loo so guess I am lucky and even then its not every night.

OzJo Fri 24-Jun-05 02:11:58

Mirashark, Dd was engaged really early, ie, about 7 weeks before she was due, she arrived one day early. So I don't think it makes any difference about when he/she'll arrive. I think it does just make you feel it's all the more imminent. With Dd she was engaged, but for whatever reason it didn't make me that uncomfortable, but she was posterior...this time, i really feel like I deserve all the pitying looks I get as I lurch about, poor old cervix, and Braxton Hicks a plenty at the moment.

merryberry Fri 24-Jun-05 08:11:48

Yes Mirashark, I'm the same on all fronts. Plus boobs have started up with a little bit of leaking.

Have been quite anaemic, it turns out at last blood test...added floradix to my pronatal vitamins and now feel a new but very bunged up woman ...

Lolasmum Fri 24-Jun-05 08:12:18

Hi all,

Back in the office today after a blissful day working at home yesterday.

I saw the midwife yesterday who said that the head was 'firmly down in the pelvis'. She made another appointment for me in 2 weeks time but said that she didn't think I'd need it as it looks as if I'm going to have a baby before then! (I'm 37 weeks exactly today). I'll be very happy if it is early. Must send dh up into the loft and get the baby things down this weekend....

pinkmama Fri 24-Jun-05 10:24:07

Hi everyone, sorry but can I have a really big pity me moan. I am so fed up today (and yesterday) and dont feel I can moan to anyone else about it, apart from poor dh who is being a dream. I just cant bloody move in this heat and its really getting me down. In fact I am getting tearful again just moaning about it. I am 35 weeks, but absolutely stunningly enormous. people ask me how long I have to go and look at me in horror, think they think I will say 5 days, not 5 weeks! I am a complete control freak, so being so unable to do anything for myself is so tough. I hate having to ask for help, but had to get a neighbour to take dd to school this morning because it just about finished me off yesterday (I do have big hills to climb), and it takes me twice as long. I cant pick stuff up off the floor, which as many of you will know is a nightmare when you have young kids in the house, so i am always standing on stuff. If I try to get it it hurts too much. I am self employed and really need to get my work finished asap but everytime I sit down to it my mind drifts off to nappies/cottonwool/baby clothes. I cant really go out the house because it the heat makes me feel physically sick and I move about the pace of a snail.

Sorry to moan , I am so excited about meeting the baby, I really am, and part of me doesnt want the pregnancy to end because I know realistically its the last I will probably have, and I hate people who moan about the british weather and then carry on moaning when its sunny, but can it not just turn down a few degrees and give me a breeze, especially at night.

Dh is being a star, getting up early in the morning so he can get as much done for me before he goes out to work, taking over the minute he gets home, but in some ways that makes it worse because I fees so guilty that he works hard and then has to work so hard at home (and he would never ever make me feel bad about it, its all my stuff)

I have so much to do, how will I get it done when i can barely move from kitchen to sofa? Moan, moan, moan, moan........ I am sorry, I really am, I just needed to go blur and get it all out. Am I the only one feeling pathetic?

mrsdarcy Fri 24-Jun-05 11:01:52

Poor you Pinkmama. I have been feeling the same sort of way - just too hot and exhausted to do anything at all, even though I have a huge list of things I must get done before the baby arrives. A friend sweetly told me that I am turning into Father Jack: all I can do is sleep, perform gross bodily functions and swear!! I was thinking of booking a massage or something nice and soothing like that. Would anything like that help you? The last few weeks of pregnancy are horrible at the best of times, and to add a heatwave to the mix of hormones, bulk and discomfort is really ghastly. I do feel for you, and wish I could do something to help. If it's any consolation, you're not alone!

Lolasmum - it looks as though the only way to get away from work will be to go into labour, so great news that it's looking imminent!

Apparently DS1 has been showing off in school about how huge my tummy is, and some of his friends are begging him to invite them round to play so they can gawp at it! I feel like the Mad Wild Woman from the Just William stories!

mrsdarcy Fri 24-Jun-05 11:01:56

Poor you Pinkmama. I have been feeling the same sort of way - just too hot and exhausted to do anything at all, even though I have a huge list of things I must get done before the baby arrives. A friend sweetly told me that I am turning into Father Jack: all I can do is sleep, perform gross bodily functions and swear!! I was thinking of booking a massage or something nice and soothing like that. Would anything like that help you? The last few weeks of pregnancy are horrible at the best of times, and to add a heatwave to the mix of hormones, bulk and discomfort is really ghastly. I do feel for you, and wish I could do something to help. If it's any consolation, you're not alone!

Lolasmum - it looks as though the only way to get away from work will be to go into labour, so great news that it's looking imminent!

Apparently DS1 has been showing off in school about how huge my tummy is, and some of his friends are begging him to invite them round to play so they can gawp at it! I feel like the Mad Wild Woman from the Just William stories!

pinkmama Fri 24-Jun-05 11:27:04

MrsDarcy, have to say that post about your ds and his friends has brightened my day, I cant stop giggling at the thought of a load of boys gawping at your tummy!

It does help to know I am not on my own with the struggling with it all bit! Thank you!

MommyD Fri 24-Jun-05 12:49:11

pinkmama- yes it's pretty tough right now.
I am coming up 36 weeks and struggling. I have a 3 year old and a 22 month old to deal with...and of course the heat!!!!!! Bought a great fan at B&Q (tower fan) and am getting a little bit of sit down time and like you I am moving at a snail's pace. Also like you, I do not want to wish the time away- No more kids, so last pregnancy! You are not alone feeling like this!

Lolasmum Fri 24-Jun-05 12:54:07

Hi Pinkmamma. I can really relate to how you feel. I've been breaking down in tears at the smallest little thing. I can't wait for the promised thunderstorms to come. I'm sure once this heat goes things will be a lot easier.

One good thing for me about still being at work is that I've been going swimming every lunchtime (just about to go now) and that makes me feel fantastic. I forget about my size, my work, all the preperation still to do... And, I just cool down and relax. The benefit sticks for a couple of hours afterwards. Do you have a pool you could get to? I promise you, it feels SO good.

pinkmama Fri 24-Jun-05 14:32:23

Sorry for my moaning, thank you! Feel bit brighter. Friend came and picked me and took me to her house then fed me bacon sandwiches and cups to tea! Has helped a lot! Going to get dh to get me icecream on way home and think I will be fine.

merryberry Fri 24-Jun-05 15:27:51

TOTALLY know how this feels PM and everyone. How about getting one of these sticks ASAP to help out with feeling in control for the last few weeks? Kids love to use them too - so you can train them to help if old enough! Top tip from nursing experience: tie it to your wrist if very clumsy so you don't have to pick up the pick up stick!

Eulalia Fri 24-Jun-05 15:40:11

Sorry you are feeling so down Pinkmama. Don't feel guilty about your dh - its only a few weeks out of his life and you are doing a very important job as it is - making a baby!

Lolasmum - how exciting. I have no idea when this baby will come. The previous two were late but I am hoping this one comes on time, early Aug would be fine.

No heat here - 25C was the highest we had last weekend. Its actually been just about right, between 20-23 so I am not suffering and today has turned cooler and showery.

hoxtonchick Fri 24-Jun-05 15:45:09

oh pm, i didn't realise you were feeling so crappy. afraid i was moaning on rather a lot myself last night. will try & catch you later. but lots & lots of love in the meantime.

had a dreadful night with ds last night, we only got about 5 hours sleep. however, he's much better today, chasing the cat round the garden & playing at the neighbours. he's now asleep on the sofa, so god knows why i'm still awake....

at least yesterday's terrible day stopped me panicking about tuesday, but now it's at the forefront of my mind again. i just hope it isn't too hot in the hospital. ha. my mum is doing remote shopping for me, buying thin nighties & a dressing gown, & we have most stuff ready, with friends dropping stuff off at the weekend. but still, i have to give birth in 5 days time. and it's going to hurt. just want it to be quicker than last time (24 hours).

Harriett Fri 24-Jun-05 16:10:04

poor you pinkmama, I am also feeling a bit down as am now on leave and it should be glorious but to be honest the novelty is wearing off a bit and I haven't been able to get out as was ordered to rest this week.
So am feeling lonely as well as hot and huge, I don't have any friends with kids so everyone is at work and busy. I don't know how you manage with extra little people too, I can barely cope with having to feed the cat!

hoxtonchick Fri 24-Jun-05 16:11:45

hariett, i think you should make a concerted effort to go into labour next tuesday then we can meet in the delivery suite at the homerton . do you want to meet up sometime anyway?

Harriett Fri 24-Jun-05 16:14:59

Shall I get the curry and pineapple out this weekend then?!
Would love to meet up anyway, but aren't you going to be a bit busy over the next few days?!!!

hoxtonchick Fri 24-Jun-05 16:17:43

don't forget the shagging too (ha ha ha ha).... yeah, a little busy. maybe in a couple of weeks (when are you due)?

Harriett Fri 24-Jun-05 16:24:53

what's shagging? it's been so long.....!
due on the 14th so still have a few weeks probably. Maybe we could meet up when you've settled in with the hoxtonchicklet and are ready to show him/her off. I am getting really excited for you now!

mrsdarcy Fri 24-Jun-05 16:54:34

Hope you're feeling better Pinkmama, and hope your DS is recovering, HC. Chickenpox can be horrible. My boys had it one after the other and I thought I was going to go mad with cabin fever.
Hope your nerves don't get the better of you, HC. 2nd labours are usually so much easier than first ones, and your body has been through the induction process before as well. When you get home you can read the rest of us twittering away about being sick of pregnancy, whilst cuddling your lovely new baby!

I must be totally mad. I have let DS1 invite one of his friends for a sleepover tonight (not the one who wants to gawp at me!), and DS2 is having a friend round tomorrow. I think it is a deranged form of nesting. I am too scared to get baby things ready, too tired nad huge to do much in the house without DH to help with carrying and he's too busy at work, so I am focusing it all on ludicrous things with the boys that involve 5 year old boys taking their clothes off and wrestling!

hoxtonchick Fri 24-Jun-05 17:05:34

mrsdarcy you have my total respect . stick 'em all in the garden with the hose on.... or maybe that's just my crap parenting at the moment!

just spoke to dp, told him how much of a better day we've had today, so he's going out for a quick drink after work. for the baby of course . he better bring me some type of bribe home...

yes, harriett, the hysterical laughing was at the mere mention of shagging. definitely up for meeting afterwards. hope i can remember what to do with a newborn!

mrsdarcy Fri 24-Jun-05 17:52:02

They are all out in the garden! I have given them a heavy supper in the hope it makes them sleep soundly.

I am still trying to persuade DH that lots of shagging will be in order approaching induction, but I reckon I won't be up for it when the time comes. He is NOT one of those men who find pregnancy alluring. He doesn't even like looking at my stomach as it reminds him too much of Alien!

hoxtonchick Fri 24-Jun-05 18:10:03

dp & i took advantage of my parents staying last weekend & not having to get up with ds. but i have to say that heavily pregnant sex hardly falls into the category of fun. and that was just for me....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: