Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Which is best Highgate or Crouch End to move to?

(3 Posts)
rmulhall Mon 26-Oct-09 09:27:22

Hi Ladies

Not sure if this is the best place for this discussion as I am new to this website. I live in Islington and we have been looking to move to Highgate as I love it there, however since becoming pregnant very recently my views on the area have changed - I have seen hardly any people with toddlers or pregnant women in the village during the week and definitely not in groups.
So should I reconsider and look to Crouch End or have I got it wrong about Highgate?

None of my friends have or are considering babies so I need to make friends in the same situation as me.

Thanks

Rachel

DuchessOfAvon Mon 26-Oct-09 09:41:20

We lived in Hampstaed and were considering either Crouch End or Queens Park until we decided to leave London altogether!

My own view is that Crouch End is more family orientated but I think you are best having an internet trawl and checking out the number and variety of group and classes etc.. on offer in both locations. Travel is a bit more problematic out of Crouch End because of lack of Tube links but its quick bus ride to Archway.

DH always says that Crouch End is Land o' Hairdressers. (I can recommend Peggy at MP4!)

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Mon 26-Oct-09 09:43:44

What about Stoke Newington? I would say Highgate over Crouch End though (transport links are much better for one thing, although my knowledge may be slightly out of date now)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now