Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due December 2009!

(4 Posts)
nosmellyknickers Tue 20-Oct-09 00:13:13

I'm Holly, and new here, and thought I'd open this forum up so we can talk about the last few weeks of pregnancy before the big dayfinally arrives!

How are you all feeling? I'm absolutely shattered, still working my socks off (50 hours a week in a hospital) and barely coping with everything, because I live on my own and am now not in contact with my ex-boyfriend. I seem to be getting cravings for weird things at the moment, like roast beef and mayonnaise sandwiches, and am also rather worried about seeing my midwife the day after tomorrow, because I'm having (tmi) 'accidents', and don't know what this could mean with regards to my pregnancy. I don't seem to be doing anything else but work work work, when I obviously need to start getting clothes for my baby girl when she arrives, but again I don't have the time at the moment, and to add insult to injury, my washing machine has packed up, so will have to ring them up tomorrow in my break so they can come out and fix it for me, because I'm running out of clothes.

Oh well, we'll see how things pan out!

Wigeon Tue 20-Oct-09 13:28:46

Hi and welcome to mumsnet!

There will have been loads and loads of threads with people who are due in December 2009 (someone usually starts an antenatal thread when they are 5 weeks pregnant!). I think the latest is here. I'm sure all the lovely ladies there will love you to join them.

I really enjoyed the support from my antental mumnsnet group (was on the "due June 2008" so all our little ones are about 16 months now)

TattyT Wed 21-Oct-09 11:26:31

Has anyone thought of using a postnatal doula. My sister has one and she is a fab help in the home while mum and baby are working things out e.g b/feeding. She makes my sister gets an hours sleep every day and helps with all the household chores. She found her on the Doula UK website.

Wigeon Wed 21-Oct-09 19:42:37

Try posting on the thread I linked to in my post above - that's where you'll find all the December 2009 crew.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now