Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lemon top 1st to pop then ensued impatient Brood. Who'll be next? Come place your bets and join us on our November thread!

(999 Posts)
Ninjacat Mon 12-Oct-09 15:25:58

Because you chat sooooo much!!! grin

ursigurke dd 31st Oct, 37+2
VenusInfers dd 1st Nov, 37+1
Tamlin dd 5th Nov, 36+4
Scarlotti dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Fubble dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Kyte dd 6th Nov, 35+0 (CS)
Helips dd 9th Nov, 36+0
Sleepless dd 9th Nov 36+0
Southernbelle77 dd 14th Nov, 35+2
Tigger dd 14th Nov; 35+ 2
Pavlovtheforgetfulcat dd 18th Nov; 34+5?
Ninjacat edd End Nov (a little secret, as Lissy)
LissyGlitter dd 22 Nov 34+1
longwayaway dd 23 Nov 34+0
Laugs dd 26th Nov; 33+4
skorpion dd 29th Nov; 33+1
raggie dd 30th Nov; 33+0

scarlotti Mon 12-Oct-09 15:38:00

Woohoo, a new thread!! Well done ninja grin

beepbeep Mon 12-Oct-09 15:38:30

Thanks Ninja

ursigurke dd 31st Oct, 37+2
Tamlin dd 5th Nov, 36+4
Fubble dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Helips dd 9th Nov, 36+0
Ninjacat edd End Nov (a little secret, as Lissy)
beepbeep dd 23 Nov 34+0
longwayaway dd 23 Nov 34+0
Laugs dd 26th Nov; 33+4
skorpion dd 29th Nov; 33+1
raggie dd 30th Nov; 33+0

Also busy with the painting - not best idea with a 2 and a half year old and a 15 month old wanting to 'help'!! But my nesting urges seem to be winning over my 'sensible' brain!! So have just finished woodwork in hallway and ensuite, but DD is asolutely doing my head in having refused a nap, so really ought to get off the computer and take her somewhere! DH is at work til 11 tonight so counting down the hours untils DCs are in bed.

skorpion Mon 12-Oct-09 15:41:25

scarlotti I wish. Unfortunately they all live in Poland. I say unfortunately, Kacper is 11 going on eighteen with definite signs of puberty looming, so maybe it's just as well. grin

skorpion Mon 12-Oct-09 15:42:04

Oh, and thanks ninja for the new thread!

Koumak Mon 12-Oct-09 16:01:19

I am sorry but I haven’t been able to catch up on everybody’s news. I will try though at night if I can’t sleep again! I can’t believe there is like 6 pages since I last logged in on Thursday night and a shiny new thread! Well done Ninja. Chatty bunch hey? No wonder we were second most active thread!

Whoever was talking about Sebastian – I always loved that name but couldn’t somehow remember it shock when pregnant with ds so he ended up being called something else!

I love Beatrice too, a friend of mine has 3 dds and the oldest one is called Beatriz!

Not quite ready for the baby yet and no urge to clean either. Still have 14 working days left… Leaving lunch from work arranged the day after the EDD. Do you think this baby will get the hint?

Good to see you back Ideanna and welcome Venus!

Koumak dd 28th Oct, 37+5
Ursigurke dd 31st Oct, 37+2
Tamlin dd 5th Nov, 36+4
Fubble dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Helips dd 9th Nov, 36+0
PootleTheFlump dd 10th Nov 35+6
Longwayaway dd 23 Nov 34+0
Laugs dd 26th Nov; 33+4
Skorpion dd 29th Nov; 33+1
Raggie dd 30th Nov; 33+0

Trikken Mon 12-Oct-09 16:04:40

Koumak dd 28th Oct, 37+5
Tamlin dd 5th Nov, 36+4
Fubble dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Trikken dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Helips dd 9th Nov, 36+0
Laugs dd 26th Nov; 33+4
Raggie dd 30th Nov; 33+0

helips Mon 12-Oct-09 16:08:03

Oooh a new thread already!

Welcome Venus and welcome back pootle Not long to go now!

Ursi congrats on the moving, hope you are very happy in your new home and get everything straight before the baby arrives.

Tigger so sorry to hear about your sd, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

pavlov re the wet nappies, ds has just turned 2 so not potty trained at all. He does tend to fiddle with his nappy so dh is going to get some pull up nappies on the way home to see if they make a difference. He does fiddle with his bits though and although when I put his nappy on I make sure his willy is pointing down, he may move it! Nappies are very wet though so who knows what's going on.

Just got back from the Chiropractor and am still in a lot of pain. Chiro reckons baby has changed position and is pressing on a nerve, also thinks might now be breech but will have to check with midwife on wednesday. I feel really upset, don't want this baby to be breech as there goes my Vbac. Plus I'm in sooo much pain that feel like I can't spend any quality time with ds before the baby arrives. Got to go back to the Chiro on Thursday so hopefully he'll get things sorted soon.

Re baby names, I think we have a boy's name, Alfred (Freddy for short) but I'm not 100% sure. As for girls, I like Amelia, dh likes Charlotte (Lottie) and we both have a second choice of Matilda. Not sure who is going to win but reckon that is I do get to have a natural birth then hopefully dh will let me have my way after all I've been through wink

Ninja hope everything went ok in court today and everyone else hope you are ok too. Ive forgotten what everyone else said and can't be arsed to look at old thread but hello! grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 12-Oct-09 16:14:56

Just in time ninja grin just bookmarking x

Kyte Mon 12-Oct-09 16:28:30

Well, I might be organised about bags etc, but not about names. I'm in awe of all of you who've decided on names already. We finally agreed on ds' name when I was in labour (I got my choice grin). But I want to have the boy's name ready (we have a girl's name, but it should be a boy) before the cs. DH just says "I'll think about it" whenever I suggest a name.

But then we are quite picky - these are our criteria:

* Can't begin with R or S or N
* Prefer traditional names
* Not too overtly Christian (ie Josiah) because I'm a vicar and that's enough playground teasing, I think.
* Can't be the name of a friend / relative / someone we didn't like at school
* We need to like all the nicknames
* We need to be able to yell it or shortened version out in the supermarket or across the footy pitch
* Can't be in the top boys 50 names from the last couple of years

So far we're not doing well on finding names that we both think fit....Any suggestions are welcome.

sleeplessinthecity Mon 12-Oct-09 16:58:34

Kyte
these are names of a few friend's baby boys
George, Thomas, Barnaby, Dominic, Jasper, Jake, Loic, Luca, Gabriel (maybe a bit too Christian). DH likes Mallachy. He's Irish, nuff said.

Thanks Ninja

hobnob57 Mon 12-Oct-09 16:59:31

kyet what about Osbert Marmion Jago? A friend's nephew has just been inflicted with that one...

Southernbelle are you taking painkillers? It sounds like it might be a good idea. My SPD was flaring up at the weekend and made me so miserable I remember just what you feel like. On hindsight I should have taken some painkillers to lift my mood. I think months and months of SPD followed by a cs recovery is a recipe for PND.

I'm trying to start sitting properly now to help LO into a good position, so I'm currently propped up with elbows on the sofa and bum on gym ball, with belly hanging with wild abandon in between. Quite comfy actually. But I can feel far too many little limbs wriggling in there for my liking. Scan tomorrow, so I guess I'll get a definitive look at what position it's in then.

Had a bit of a crazy day today. It was meant to be easy with a dentist's appointment for DD and I this afternoon, but she has come out in a rash so I had a morning of phone calls (in between having and cleaning the shower) to find that the only minor illness clinic appointment I could get clashed directly with the dentist and was also in a different town. So we had a morning of sorting out washing chores, early lunch and then bus journey to the next town for a spot of browsing and appointment, to find that she has chicken pox. What is it with bus drivers and pregnant women? They deliberately drive off at speed before you've got a) your toddler b) yourself and c) your bump anywhere near seated. Grr. We then came back and went to the library to find that someone else has the copy of 'mummy laid and egg' so I have to order it. That was my big plan for this week - to actually speak frankly to DD about the reality of this baby. We'll do it some other way.

So, I'm effectively in quarantine this week apart from tomorrow morning when MIL has DD whilst I go to the hospital for my scan and appointment. I had --vague notions-- plans of being so sociable and catching up with folk and DD's friends. I'd even booked the osteopath on Thursday and re-scheduled the dentist on Friday. It's not really ethical to take an infectious child to these appointments, is it?

Man, I wish I had a nanny and a car.

And also flights of fancy that I could encourage early labour and give birth to a smaller baby by glorious VBAC will have to wait until DD is no longer infectious for the new arrival.

<goes off to ponder what else there is possibly left do before packing that darned bag>

Koumak dd 28th Oct, 37+5
Tamlin dd 5th Nov, 36+4
Fubble dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Trikken dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Hobnob57 dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Helips dd 9th Nov, 36+0
Laugs dd 26th Nov; 33+4
Raggie dd 30th Nov; 33+0

ErikaMaye Mon 12-Oct-09 17:07:03

Am just off to read everything, but must share first that the hospital think I'm in labour grin Though because I can talk through the contractions they won't let me go up yet as they're obviously not serious enough hmm

Laugs Mon 12-Oct-09 17:08:40

kyte I'd swap you our boys name for a girls one, except it's too popular for you grin. It's hard work though eh? Love all your names helips*!

*Ninjacat
Was thinking of you today. I'm hoping it was better than last time since you've been back online. Also, hope DS is feeling better.

DD and I have just had a 2 hour nap. I didn't get much choice really, we were on our way out to the park, got our shoes on, and she had an enormous tantrum. I was cuddling her better and she fell asleep in my arms. Even so, the nap was lovely, but I know she won't sleep until after 10pm tonight. Hope DH gets home early with no other plans...

sleepless I feel exactly the same sad
I know in the long run it is nice for DD to have a sibling, but I can't help feeling sorry for her at the moment.

Laugs Mon 12-Oct-09 17:12:56

erika how exciting! grin how far apart are your contractions? Ooh I hate that 'you can talk' waiting game the hospital play with you. I am a very quiet, polite person and I was convinced everyone else would just scream down the phone at them when I didn't have the nerve!

weston Mon 12-Oct-09 17:14:38

Erika good luck if u are in labour!!

Comma2 your post made me laugh, we had similiar thing last nite with dd who is 2 and a half telling me that daddy needed to buy some fruit and fibre at 3am...

Koumak dd 28th Oct, 37+5
Tamlin dd 5th Nov, 36+4
Fubble dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Trikken dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Hobnob57 dd 6th Nov, 36+3
Helips dd 9th Nov, 36+0
Weston dd 13th Nov 34+4
Laugs dd 26th Nov; 33+4
Raggie dd 30th Nov; 33+0

ErikaMaye Mon 12-Oct-09 17:18:41

Pavlov that's rather irrational of your friends... Call the baby whatever you want to!!!

Southern Hope you feel happier soon. Do speak to the midwife.

Tigger goodness Is he okay? Are you?

Venus welcome grin

Tamlin like Sebastian Hope he turns though, or that the scan reveals he already is!!

Usi happy moving in!!!

Pootle welcome back

Ohhh am all excited here. So far the contractions aren't that painful, just uncomfortable more than anything, though lasting five minutes each and three minutes apart.

Laugs Mon 12-Oct-09 17:23:27

Are you all packed and ready to go, if need be? Early contractions can sometimes be eased by taking a warm (not hot) bath (as long as waters haven't gone) or walking around a bit. Conserve your energy as well though.

Oh, you'll have to stay around and keep us updated if you can!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 12-Oct-09 17:24:54

erika YEY! oh how exciting for you !!! I hope it is as quick and pain free as it possibly can be for you. Remember to think about Bryn when it starts to hurt, I found that very helpful, to remember what its all about.

Keep talking to us while you can grin

Trikken Mon 12-Oct-09 17:25:27

ooh Erika, hope ur ok, keep us updated when you can. I agree the 'talking' thing is annoying, id say go in when you feel ready to.

ErikaMaye Mon 12-Oct-09 17:31:28

Hospital have finally said to go in, so am off up there now. Wish me luck either way, ladies!!! Will "see" you later, hopefully! grin

beepbeep Mon 12-Oct-09 17:32:51

Erika - hope this is it for you, and if so, it all goes well. Go for a walk if you have the energy - good for getting things moving!

Trikken Mon 12-Oct-09 17:33:14

ok, sending you good vibes sweetie. x

Laugs Mon 12-Oct-09 17:41:11

Is it time to do another belly dance? grin

Best of luck Erika, will be thinking of you tonight x

Laugs Mon 12-Oct-09 17:45:12

hobnob I hope your poor DD is ok. Mine had chicken pox last year, but it wasn't too bad for her. The worst bit was being stuck in the house actually when she still had loads of energy, so maybe I should be sending the well wishes to you instead.

tigger I meant to say I'm so sorry to hear about your step-dad and hope he's recovering well. I can well imagine the stress bringing on BH, so make sure you look after yourself too. ((hugs))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now