Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Due in December 05 - thread 4

(534 Posts)
ninah Thu 09-Jun-05 17:21:34

Welcome to thomcat, well done to everyone who's been scanned, good luck to those about to be and Bonkerz, may all your dreams be sweet from now on

Bonkerz Thu 09-Jun-05 17:22:54

Thankyou very much i hope so too!!

Hoorah for us ay! some of us never dreamed to be making it to a 4th due in dec thread!

May we all start glowing soon!!

ninah Thu 09-Jun-05 17:25:22

Yes, go for glow!

truckerkaz Thu 09-Jun-05 17:28:07

hiya mums! how are we? i'm ok except for hayfever which is driving me nuts! lol and welcome to the newbies

Thomcat Thu 09-Jun-05 17:29:56

Hey fellow due in Dec mums TC xx

truckerkaz Thu 09-Jun-05 17:31:45

hiya thomcat! best wishes to you too

dramaqueen72 Thu 09-Jun-05 21:29:16

woohoo, thread four!!
welcome aboard thomcat
bonkerz....well lord knows what my 'vivid' dreams say about me..because i nearly always end up in very compromising situations with famous people in mine!!! I can see where yours come from, and i'm sorry, they ARE dreams tho, so at least real life is much better for you.

I'm so sicky this evening, NOT nice. yes, bring on that glowing phase please!!!!!

ebbie22 Thu 09-Jun-05 21:44:34

Welcome all....sh where are you?Are you all ok?How is everyone else...a wk tomorrow for my scan,not that i am counting though..

beckymumof3 Fri 10-Jun-05 08:11:48

Hi all. Good morning - ha I got in there before anyone else!

Hope all are well, SH hope scan went well yesterday and you will be buzzing with the news shortly.

Also, if anyone is hoping to go to NCT classes I hope they already have their names down? Most get booked up v. quickly - I am seeing loads of women at the moment for one to one sessions who have realised too late that they won't be getting NHS classes and can't get on NCT ones either. Not plugging our classes (don't need to!) but thought I'd remind you all.

MINNIE1 Fri 10-Jun-05 08:36:23

Morning all
Welcome Thomcat

S/H hope all is well, please get on and tell us how it went..

Thread 4 OMG, time is flying.. best of luck to all..

In bad form today as my boss has really pissed me off and i have decided when i go on maternity i will not be returning !!!!! The pri%k was only showing the pain in the a$se beside me how to do my job!!!!!!!

scully Fri 10-Jun-05 08:36:52

good reminder becky, I keep thinking about classes, but haven't got very far with them yet....did the nhs ones last time but maybe the nct refresher ones might be helpful to meet people as we're in a new area this time.
anyone know anything we can take for hayfever, can't cope for a whole weekend of sneezing and sore eyes.....

sweetheart Fri 10-Jun-05 08:50:20

Morning to you all. Sorry I haven't been on sooner - I was at college yesterday.

Well had my scan - saw our little beans heartbeat which was such a relief - I just can't tell you. I had convinced myself we would get bad news - so much so I was in tears in the waiting room

Anyway this little bean has now official lived longer than our last one. In 4 weeks time we will have had the heart scan done and providing the results are positive I will finally start to relax and enjoy being pregnant - I can't wait !!!!!!

Another one with a massive bump here - nothing to do with my intake of cake and biscuits of course

Welcome to the newbies and great to have a new thread. I made it to No 4 on the June threads so I'm hoping to get onto No 5,6,7,8 etc

MINNIE1 Fri 10-Jun-05 08:58:53

sweetheart,
thats great news You have cheered me up.. Great to see heatbeat and 4 wks will come and go and beanie will be getting bigger and stronger..
Delighted all is well..

Bonkerz Fri 10-Jun-05 09:01:04

Congrats Sweetheart. Am so pleased for you. Maybe we should start thread 5 soon just for you!!

feel sick this morning which is typical cos i had a good day yesterday! Weighed myself again today and i have managed to lose another 2lbs, so in total in 4 weeks i have lost 11lbs!! Im fat so i know its not a bad thing but im living on junk at the moment and im sure if i ate 4 pckts of crisps a day normally id put on weight!! Worse of it is i dont look like ive lost weight cos my belly is getting even bigger.

My boobs are killing me as well. Am still wearing underwired bras and i am getting cuts across the bootom from the wire. Dont know anywhere that sels and measures you for maternity bras in my size (44E at moment and obviously am growing!) any ideas?? Went up to a H with my ds so am abit worried!

dramaqueen72 Fri 10-Jun-05 09:03:12

s/h really glad it was a good scan for you. fingers crossed for your heart one too.
its nice to be this far, altho i realise much could still go wrong, i personally have never got this far and not gone to term, so i have officially relaxed here. its a great feeling, after weeks and weeks of worry. my doppler is still reassuring me when ever i ache or just worry which is fab. i think its expensive to hire but currently worth it for me.
becky i dont know about classes...everyone assumes with three+ children you already know everything, i have never even been offered classes after 2 kids. and i'm ridiculously shy in new situations so i'm not very pushy either!
might force myself to go to something like pg yoga or similar, if i could only find out where anything is held! whats everyone else doing?

ebbie22 Fri 10-Jun-05 09:07:00

Am so glad that everything is going well with everyone esp you sw,boy,you had me worried for a little bit yesterday....
I too have a huge bump and cant find clothes to fit,right pain in the a*...
Havent a clue what happens with classes round here as i didnt have my dd round here...who would I ask?Midwife?

ninah Fri 10-Jun-05 09:16:16

do you really need classes after no1? I wasn't planning to bother again, I mean I don't really want to see a cushion demonstrating a placenta or think too much about pain relief ... I mean, after the first you know what to expect, right?
Minnie I'm sorry about your boss what a jerk. Were you toying with the idea of leaving anyway, and this helped you decide? cos don't be pushed out if you don't want to go. At my last job they were VERY anti pregnancy, it was a small firm and they had not had any for years and then four came in rapid succession ... I always worked really hard for them but they did chance towards me sadly, nothing I could prove in a court of law but not inviting me and the other girl who'd given birth to the Christmas party was a clue I guess! Anyway I stayed til I found another job. Planning to SAH after no 2 tho, full-time childcare just too pricey on my small salary, I looking forward to it lots and just hope it lives up to my expectations ...

scully Fri 10-Jun-05 09:21:50

I'm also considering sah after no.2, also can't afford 2 in childcare and although dd could start school next year, school hours and my job don't go together......looking at taking my 12mths leave + any holiday and then seeing how we're going. DH is supportive though so that's always a good start
I'm interested in doing some sort of classes again as I had a caesarean last time but am considering a vbac this time so have no idea what to expect........& would like to meet some other local mums to keep me sane in those first few months at home

ninah Fri 10-Jun-05 09:26:03

See what you mean about meeting locals scully.
It will be strange not going to the office every day! I imagine I'll love it, but equally I might go crazy (on those rainy days when you have to stay in, everyone's grumpy, and there's only SO much magic painting you can all take ..) My dp was initially v anti 'you just want to lead life of Reilly' (yup, looking after a baby and a toddler!) but has come round to the idea, tho counting the pennies a bit.

beckymumof3 Fri 10-Jun-05 09:34:38

Its up to you if you want classes! I have a mum on my course at the moment who is expecting no.3 - but she wants to make different choices to the last 2 and had them a while ago. Refresher courses would be ideal if its not your first but most areas struggle to offer ongoing refresher courses.

I would go to classes this time even though its my 4th if I wasn't already a leader - because my dh would like to go. Its a good opportunity to discuss things which don't tend to come up in everyday life with your dp and you never know you might find out things you didn't know before! Also, most people have issues with their first birth and need an opportunity to discuss/debrief in a supportive and open atmosphere.

So, like I said its up to you - but if you think you will get NHS classes then just confirm that with your mw - or you could get a horrible suprise later on!

Maybe with you lot becoming SAHM's you'd be interested in doing the training?

I'm also doing pg yoga (starting Sept - woohoo)..can't wait. Its always good to meet other mums due same time isn;'t it?

MINNIE1 Fri 10-Jun-05 09:36:30

I have been thinking alot about it, and i really think it upsets me to be here. DP and i were talking about it and i said i would go back to work full time (what was i thinking) But the way i fell now i would be happy scrubing floors with a toothbrush. I'll go on maternity and never return!! The only thing is no MN during the day!! I would like to go part time in a different job... But if i get to the stage of no 2 i would give up work, childcare would cost to much and i could live on the money i would be paying them.

Nemo1977 Fri 10-Jun-05 09:40:53

quick hello to all
beckyi sent for nct info pack about 3wks ago but have heard nothing..i just wanted to meet other mums in area aswell...

sh sooo glad all went well hun will try n catch up on msn later.

Bonkerz last time i got bras in mothercare although am unfotunately already a 44H so am using the good old doreen bras which are comfy and support.

Right really must run need to go to tots and have an impatient 20mth old waiting. Also need to pack today as we go to torquay tommorow so will try and get on later...take care all

Nemo1977 Fri 10-Jun-05 09:41:16

ooo and im 13wks today so officially start 2nd trimester...wooo hoooooo

ninah Fri 10-Jun-05 09:54:57

minnie are you on no1? I kind of imagined you had more, don't know why, should check stats.
If you are considering returning to work in any capacity I'd consider gritting your teeth and stay with your present firm until you get something else? Use them, don't let them use you. Hate to see companies getting away with this. It's not on ...
on the other hand, if you are so unhappy I do see ..

scully Fri 10-Jun-05 10:04:53

I didn't think it would be possible to stay in my current job after I had dd, but I came back after 8mths, 4 days a week for the first 12 mths and then full time after that. I used to work an average of 50+hrs overtime a mth before I was pregnant with her, and that stopped completely when I returned, I now just work my hours and go home. If it's a job that pays you enough to cover the cost of childcare and still have something left over, it's sometimes worth sticking with, as going back to work with a baby is difficult enough, but if you have people in your office who know you and know you aren't taking the p* when the baby is sick etc, then it's a big help. Better the devil you know, sometimes.
Nemo, I'm 13wks tomorrow, seems like we've been pregnant forever already

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now