Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due October 2009 - To nest is best....

(998 Posts)
smallone Fri 18-Sep-09 09:19:21

My first thread!

smallone Fri 18-Sep-09 09:39:36

Right, I can do a proper message now.

Sorry to hear of the pelvis pain. These babies are definitely making themselves known now aren't they? I had my reflexology last night, utter bliss! I definitely needed it. She started some lining up techniques last night and is coming next fri and will hopefully start inducing techniques then.

I had strong BH yesterday, all afternoon and evening getting closer together till they were 2 mins apart when I went to bed. Slept fine but then started again this morning when I woke up. I'm starting to get that groundhog day feeling. This is exactly what happened in the weeks up to dd's birth. Fortunately I'm not driving myself mental with "ooh is this it?" this time. grin

devilsadvocaat Fri 18-Sep-09 09:58:24

ooh smallone how exciting!

theboob your dd is beautiful well done you!

didn't sleep well last night, felt itchy all over and couldn't stop figiting. woke at 3 and had to eat some cereal didn't get back to sleep until 5.30 ish. luckily ds slept in until 7.45 instead of his usual 6.45. feel ok tho. have had a bath and shaved my hairy body (!) and painted my toe nails. god only knows how i managed that tbh.

37 weeks today.

whose due date is first then? anyone end of sept/oct 1st?

also, last night, remembered loads of things that MUST be done before lo arrives. will make a list later. am allowing the nesting to take over my soul to become a cleaning machine, at least it will stop me from watching the second hand tick around the clock wink

hurrah for the weekend. any nice plans? we're busy fitting door handles and trying to get the carpet on the stairs replaced on saturday, then we're up to london to see the ils on sunday.

sammysam Fri 18-Sep-09 10:06:08

boob Madison is so gorgeous-well done!!! Well worth everything! It is making me very excited!

I'm due 27th September shock Just over a week to go!
Maybe we should do an updated dates list of everyone still with us and add the new arrivals!

So tired and sore now! Had a day of BH's and period pain yesterday-feeling the same today, plus very teary and walking is not good.
Weekend plan is to try and get everything sorted as most likely this will be our last chance shock

New list:

Expecting
Sammysam-due 27.09.09 epecting a girl

Arrivals
theboob-Madison Rose born 14.09.09

smallone Fri 18-Sep-09 10:08:37

Not sure if this will work out but I thought we could put our due dates under what we're expecting, so we can see how right or wrong we are!

don't know
Hackneybird -
Sparklytwinkletoes -
rubyslippers -
devilsadvocaat -
smallone - 11/10/09

boy
humphreyscorner -
princessmel -
BellaCullen -
HappyTangerine -

girl
Idreamofbeanie -
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam -
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

smallone Fri 18-Sep-09 10:09:22

Great minds sammysam grin

LittleMissBliss Fri 18-Sep-09 10:09:42

just bookmarking the thread.

CalypsoFlame Fri 18-Sep-09 10:10:33

Awww boob what a lovely daughter! She looks very cuddleable Well done!

Sparklytwinkletoes Fri 18-Sep-09 10:11:06

*don't know*
Hackneybird -
Sparklytwinkletoes - 06/10/09
rubyslippers -
devilsadvocaat -
smallone - 11/10/09

boy
humphreyscorner -
princessmel -
BellaCullen -
HappyTangerine -

girl
Idreamofbeanie -
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam -
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

idreamofbeanie Fri 18-Sep-09 10:11:38

Thanks for the new thread smallone. Thought I'd better get on and mark it now.

Devil - I'm due on the 27th September but this LO is looking like a typical late first baby. I'm still carrying very high, baby hasn't even started to engage and I haven't had even a twinge. I'm guessing there will be a few more arrivals before I have any news.

Right, off to get a new mattress for the pram carrycot bit (was an ebay bargain so I think a new mattress is in order just in case that's where she sleeps during the day), then I want to finish packing my hospital bag and have a tidy.

idreamofbeanie Fri 18-Sep-09 10:14:19

Oops- x-posted with loads there.

Expecting*

don't know*
Hackneybird -
rubyslippers -
devilsadvocaat -
smallone - 11/10/09

boy
humphreyscorner -
princessmel -
BellaCullen -
HappyTangerine -

girl
Idreamofbeanie - 27/9/09
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam -
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

Arrivals

peachespaige Fri 18-Sep-09 10:15:08

Morning all.
Its ben such a long time between my posts but I have been reading every day.
Ive been feeling very emotional and didnt feel I had anything positive to write so thought Id stay quiet!
My rotten cold is going thank goodnes so hc I sympathise.
theboob Well done lady!! She is beautiful, truely mean it, little pink hat bless her. It makes me want a pink one more and more!
Im 35 weeks on Monday so closer to finding out. Dp has gone away for the weekend, my idea shock. He deserves it, he is amazing with our boys and is such great help etc.
Welcome to saraheb and any other new people Ive missed.
Im sorry to hear of the SPD stories. With ds2 I ha a body brace and tubi grip from my knees to my boobs! Ive barely suffered this time though. Still very sore in my hips but thats it.
ht your cooking sounds amazing I too love hot food.
I am measuring bang on my dates this time around, Im usually 2-3 weeks bigger so thats a first.
Well its lovely to catch up with you all, have a great day.x

peachespaige Fri 18-Sep-09 10:22:15

Expecting

don't know*
Hackneybird -
rubyslippers -
devilsadvocaat -
smallone - 11/10/09
Peachespaige - 26/10/09

boy
humphreyscorner -
princessmel -
BellaCullen -
HappyTangerine -

girl
Idreamofbeanie - 27/9/09
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam -
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

Arrivals

fidelma Fri 18-Sep-09 10:30:41

Feeling very emotional.I think I am going to go for a gentle walk up the hill to hopefull find some endorphines!

How do I add my name to the list.Fidelma due 6/10 surprise!

sammysam Fri 18-Sep-09 10:33:29

Expecting*

Don't know*
Hackneybird -
rubyslippers -
devilsadvocaat -
smallone - 11/10/09
Peachespaige - 26/10/09

Boy
humphreyscorner -
princessmel -
BellaCullen -
HappyTangerine -

Girl
Idreamofbeanie - 27/9/09
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam - 27/9/09
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

Arrivals

sammysam Fri 18-Sep-09 10:35:36

Expecting*

Don't know*
Hackneybird -
rubyslippers -
devilsadvocaat -
smallone - 11/10/09
Peachespaige - 26/10/09
Fidelma - 06/10/09

Boy
humphreyscorner -
princessmel -
BellaCullen -
HappyTangerine -

Girl
Idreamofbeanie - 27/9/09
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam - 27/9/09
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

Arrivals

sammysam Fri 18-Sep-09 10:38:34

We're date buddies Idream!!! This is my second but I still think/hope it is late as we're not ready! Bump has definately dropped very low and the head is engaging, plus loads of BH's and period pain so not sure about my chances hmm

devilsadvocaat Fri 18-Sep-09 10:47:24

oooh good idea. i love making lists

Expecting*

*Don't
know
Hackneybird -
rubyslippers -
devilsadvocaat - 09/10/09
smallone - 11/10/09
Peachespaige - 26/10/09
Fidelma - 06/10/09

Boy
humphreyscorner -
princessmel -
BellaCullen -
HappyTangerine -

Girl
Idreamofbeanie - 27/9/09
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam - 27/9/09
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

Arrivals
theboob-Madison Rose born 14/09/09

idreamofbeanie Fri 18-Sep-09 10:47:56

Hi Sammysam, isn't that just the way with babies. I would rather be a bit early but I'm sure I'm going to be quite late. Oh well, I'd better get used to working to the baby's schedule rather than my own wink.

rubyslippers Fri 18-Sep-09 11:22:10

Expecting*

*Don't
know
Hackneybird -
rubyslippers - 4/10/09
smallone - 11/10/09
Peachespaige - 26/10/09
Fidelma - 06/10/09

Boy
humphreyscorner -
princessmel -
BellaCullen -
HappyTangerine -

Girl
Idreamofbeanie - 27/9/09
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam - 27/9/09
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

Arrivals

HumphreysCorner Fri 18-Sep-09 11:52:21

Thanks for the new thread smallone-last antenatal one. smile

My rotten cold has moved onto my chest <sore> so feeling really fed up now.

theboob-Madison is beautiful. smile

Expecting

Don't
know

Hackneybird -
rubyslippers - 4/10/09
smallone - 11/10/09
Peachespaige - 26/10/09
Fidelma - 06/10/09

Boy

humphreyscorner - 29/9/09
princessmel -
BellaCullen -
HappyTangerine -

Girl

Idreamofbeanie - 27/9/09
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam - 27/9/09
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

Arrivals

Hope all OK.

HC
x

38+3

JamesDavidsMum Fri 18-Sep-09 12:28:01

Hi All

I too have been lurking.

Have had a far from straight-forward pregnancy - nothing to do with DS2 but my body has decided it wasn't going to cope this time round - had a head MRI at 27 weeks after having 2 "turns" involving partial paralysis of my left side - thankfully not a TIA (mini-stroke) as they suspected but the first time in my life I have had migraines - so plans changed from MW led care with possible homebirth to Consultant led care and classification as high-risk. But all looks fine now - just hoping for spontaneous labour and a straight forward non assisted (induced) delivery - so we can get on with being a family of 4 and I can have control over my life and house again.

Sorry for the me, me , me but it feels better to be able to vent.

We all seem to have common last month of pregnancy complaints - insomnia, and SPD here but also pinched nerves or muscles in my ribs. I have also been hit by waves of doubt over being able to cope with 2 under 2 just general stress and panic - all normal really but not a nice feeling.

Have had a rough week with DS1 - he has vomited every night since Sunday - except for monday. Anybody have experience of reflux developing at around 2 - as he doesn't vomit at all during the day - every time it has been after 5pm.

DS2 seems to be co-operating though is 3/5 with 2 weeks till EDD and 3 weeks till induction - soooo want my body back. But would like more time to get renovations done - but might just be easier when he's here and my mum is staying and DP can get on during his paternity leave.

So envious of madison boob - where did you get your bras from? I'm already a 36H have been since 3 months. Also envious of those of you who have been nesting in the form of baking and cooking - I have a brand new range stove with 2 ovens (been without an oven for a year), but it has to be hardwired in and our neighbour who said he would do the electrics for us has not reappeared since saying that 2 1/2 weeks ago. Am waiting so i can stock up my freezer and use all the new bakeware I have bought in the last few weeks.

Anyway looking forward to seeing photos of all the new arrivals and to be able to share gripes and triumphs with everybody in the coming weeks, months.

JDM

fidelma Fri 18-Sep-09 13:07:14

*sammysama8 thanks for adding me to the list and well done on the new post

BellaCullen Fri 18-Sep-09 13:44:43

theboob Madison is gorgeous can`t wait to have my own now.

Been having loads of BH.On wed night had period type cramps and bad back ache so hoped that was it but sadly not.Can`t feel baby`s head now which I could before think he`s moved to breech.Really hope not as he`s been head down for months need to crawl around a bit.

My MW told me last time that with 2nd child or more baby`s head doesn`t engage till during labour.GP said something different so not sure who to believe but head wasn`t engaged on 36 weeks appointment.Will see next week if it has.

38weeks today and last day workinng hurrahgrin. Hoping baby will come this weekend, its my sisters birthday tomorrow be funny if baby had same birhtday.DS already has same birhtday as my other sister.Have a good weekend x

Expecting*

Don't know*

Hackneybird -
rubyslippers - 4/10/09
smallone - 11/10/09
Peachespaige - 26/10/09
Fidelma - 06/10/09

Boy

princessmel -
BellaCullen - 02/10/09
HappyTangerine -

Girl

Idreamofbeanie - 27/9/09
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam - 27/9/09
Twinklegreen-
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

Arrivals

twinklegreen Fri 18-Sep-09 14:01:38

Hi everyone

Thanks for the recipe, now I just have to find the energy to actually cook it!

Well I have added myself to the list under my 'official' NHS due date. My actual date is more like the 24/9/09 which is next Thursday. It will be a miracle if I actually have a baby next week as I'm always overdue, so trying to think more along the lines of 10/10/09 to prevent any dissappoinment!

Also trying not to symptom spot too much and failing

Expecting*

*Don't
know

Hackneybird -
rubyslippers - 4/10/09
smallone - 11/10/09
Peachespaige - 26/10/09
Fidelma - 06/10/09

Boy

princessmel -
BellaCullen - 02/10/09
HappyTangerine -

Girl

Idreamofbeanie - 27/9/09
Lix-
Calypsoflame -
Sammysam - 27/9/09
Twinklegreen- 28/9/09
NewbeeMummy -
JellytotZ -
MeHimCatBlob - 25/10/09

Arrivals

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now