Talk

Advanced search

Due November 2009 - Remember, remember we're due in November, but not yet quite ready to pop!

(1000 Posts)
Fruitpastels Mon 07-Sep-09 12:20:05

Hope everyone can find us!

scarlotti Mon 07-Sep-09 12:25:54

Well done fruit grin

skorpion Mon 07-Sep-09 12:46:42

Weeheee, new thread! Thanks, fruitpastels!

Laugs Mon 07-Sep-09 12:53:31

Hello, just popping in so I can find you all again. Computer and laptop both still borken - BAH! It's rubbish. I have to talk to myself instead... Time's up at the library now that I've read all your posts. I'll be back another day!

BeckyBendyLegs Mon 07-Sep-09 13:00:28

I like the new thread!

I've just spent £30 on new school sweatshirts for DS1 and DS2 (who goes to the nursery attached to the school). It is expensive this having children lark!

School starts tomorrow. It will be strange not having my little friends with me all day. I will miss them although a bit of me-time will be nice (even if I will be just working).

Laugs Mon 07-Sep-09 13:11:00

Oh, I just asked very nicely and the librarian gave me an extra hour - I must look as conversation-starved as I feel!

Not much happening here. erika I can trump your Wee Every Ten Minutes. Yesterday I went 8 times in 45 mintues!! shock I think I might start taking a good book in with me and settling in for the long haul (save on paper and water).

All of the hospital bag talk is scaring me a bit as I hadn't even thought of that yet. Our next job is to get all the baby clothes down from the loft and wash them. I'm definitely putting that off.

scarlotti hope you're feeling better today.

claired21 Mon 07-Sep-09 13:23:52

scarlotti - I was getting sore hips and shoulders from sleeping on my side until someone suggested putting a spare duvet under your sheet in bed. Mine is folded in half as DP likes the mattress as it is and it really has helped.

DP also searched online to find out what was causing my back and hips to be so painful when I've been in the office all day or doing housework etc... apparently it can be a build up of fluid and massaging in a circular motion with either the flat of your hand or your fingers helps. Definitely do this while in bed for sleep though as it can make it more painful temporarily as the fluid disperses(?) but worth a try.

Should be finding out in work today if I'm one of the 2 out of 7 being made redundant. Feeling extremely tense and my stomach has been churning all weekend. It's now almost half one and a decision or meeting has not been mentioned at all. I can't cope with the limbo anymore!!! sad

beepbeep Mon 07-Sep-09 13:27:12

Hope the news is good for you Claired.

Bloomin DHL still not arrived, kids are going stir crazy (as am I!), have just made a list of things that I need to do prior to baby's arrival - getting really bored, can you tell?!

eeyore2 Mon 07-Sep-09 13:46:20

Hi everyone, thanks for starting the new thread!
Hope you all had a nice weekend. We picked up our new car which was very exciting.
We went out for lunch on Sunday and I decided to treat myself to a spicy Virgin Mary. Definitely a very bad idea, I got through half of it, then started feeling distinctly queasy, then had to run off to be sick. Oh well.

Broodzilla Mon 07-Sep-09 14:27:37

Thanks Fruitpastels!
Happy New Thread to us!
(Seeing as it seems to take us about a month to fill one up, do you reckon we might see the first baby on this thread?) Scary thought, but quite exciting too!

Claired Hope you had good news! If you are one of the unlucky ones, can you start your Mat Leave instead of being redundant? How does it work?

Becky If I've not already said so - respect to you for managing to work from home WITH DCs around. You must have the willpower and concentration skills of a superhuman!

Laugs grin at camping in the bathroom to save paper and water. When I'm home on my own I do tend to not bother flushing in between as I'll be back there in about half an hour anyway. My "favourite" trick is having a wee, brushing my teeth and then having another wee. Where does it come from? (Actually, I wonder if it might help to have a wee, get up, and sit down again to "finish"?)

I forget who was asking about the nosebleeds on the old thread? Isn't it the same reason our gums bleed like we've smacked ourselves in the mouth rather than gently brushed teeth? Erm, I'm really hoping that the excessive bleeding is mainly just at the top end of our bodies. I look like a vampire when I brush my teeth, so if I bleed the same from the other end the birthing pool will look like Jaws has been keeping me company. shock

Nothing much to report here. MIL is driving me around the bend. Last night over dinner she proceeded to tell us about friends of hers who basically "ruined their children by farming them out to a child-minder while the mother worked full-time" after having quizzed me earlier on about how much Mat Leave I was having and what I was "hoping to do afterwards". Erm, not so much hoping as not having a choice. We've got a mortgage and bills to pay, and really can't manage on DH's salary alone, which I'm sure is the case for most people unless they're lucky enough to be on one of those super-low mortgage rates...

MIL herself stayed at home until her youngest DC was 10, and even then she only went back to work part-time. Each to their own... I don't think I could justify being a full-time SAHM once the kids are in school even if we could afford it, but would most certainly not judge anyone who made that choice.

Anyhoo. Must stop moaning, as I must say physically, I actually feel pretty good. Since the bean decided to turn, I'm so much more comfortable, haven't been sick for 3-4 weeks and am feeling quite excited really, so the sun is finally shining internally in camp Broodzilla!

ErikaMaye Mon 07-Sep-09 14:45:34

Nicely done Fruit

Laugs HA you mean you haven't got a book in there already?! I seem to be in there so often at the moment, could easily manage one a day I reckon grin I have this fantastic image of you setting up a full on jungle-type camp now!

Claired will be thinking of you, hope it goes in your favour. x

Eeyore yey for new car

Broodzilla sorry but did giggle at the "Jaws" comparison! My gums haven't actually bled... Yet. Glad you're feeling good, and don't let your MIL get to you

Support pillow turned up, yey!!! Fantastically comfortable, have been snuggled up on the sofa since it arrived, and although I didn't sleep, I did rest. Think I'm going to nip into Poundland again later and get a few more pillows just to make sure every part of my body is surrounded by fluff grin

I am craving terrible terrible foods today - namely cake and marshmellows, possibly together blush Though am making do with toast!

turtle23 Mon 07-Sep-09 14:48:08

Bookmarking

beepbeep Mon 07-Sep-09 15:12:41

SOOOO annoyed - called DHL, apparently they've decided to deliver it tomorrow, despite on the automated whatsit me saying today - I'm not bloomin in tomorrow - aaaahh! stupid people why can't they just do what they say they're going to? Kids have gone mad sat around so now taking them out to run off some energy.

ErikaMaye Mon 07-Sep-09 15:17:48

Beepbeep angry on your behalf. They should have called you first thing if they had had to change the delivery. UGH.

scarlotti Mon 07-Sep-09 15:58:52

claired thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. We have a layer of that memory foam on our mattress which has been enough up until now - obviously my elephant-ness has overtaken it's powers! Hope you get the result you're hoping for at work.

beepbeep v annoying, couriers do my head in.

broodzilla hang in there grin Most of us are in the same boat in this generation and have no option but to return to work. Maybe part of her reaction is that your DH obviously agrees with you, and so by definition is disgreeing with the choices his mother made and so she's subconsciously got the hump! Know that's the case with me and bf as my Mum bottle fed both me and DB and always reminds me that 'we turned out ok' hmm

I've just had a friend around for coffee and feel so much brighter now grin Maybe I'm underestimating the impact of the raging hormones and having so much time on my hands now I'm not working. I feel an apology to Dh might be due ... rats! wink

beepbeep Mon 07-Sep-09 16:58:19

Glad you're feeling better Scarlotti smile

tigger32 Mon 07-Sep-09 17:34:40

Found you!

There is so much to catch up on, claired fingers crossed for good news on the job front!

Going to try and catch up whats been happening, back later

claired21 Mon 07-Sep-09 17:47:28

Good news & bad news for me. I would've been one of the two chosen but as the company were receiving conflicting advice on account of my pregnancy & my boss had an issue with it personally, they've decided to lose one and my job is safe. Been in tears for last hour, I know I should be happy to keep my job but I'm really disappointed that it's only because I'm pregnant. I thought I wouldve been safe on account of being hardworking!!

Now have the worry of what happens when I go back to work next year but that's too far away to think about just now. Need to take the view that my priorities will be changing over the next few months and work will be less of a priority.

If only I could have a good drink tonight!! Chocolate will have to do...

Kyte Mon 07-Sep-09 18:28:02

Beepbeep - ooh that would have made me mad!

Broodzilla Just keep telling yourself she can't hang around forever...I'm lucky enough to be a SAHM (although I'm also an unpaid part-time Church of England minister too) and I hope I'm not that kind of MIL when I'm older.

Scarlotti I get really grouchy etc around when I would normally ovulate and poor dh and ds tend to get the rough end of it....dh understands but it's ds I feel sorry for. Glad you're feeling better now smile

Kyte Mon 07-Sep-09 18:31:39

claire Glad they've kept you on. Don't worry about why etc, it sounds like your boss wanted to keep you on, anyway. Hugs.

raggie Mon 07-Sep-09 18:32:12

Hello everyone! Great new thread name, well done easyeggs wink and fruitpastels for making the leap! Can't believe how long it is already shock

Had a lovely weekend in Oxford picking up the keys to our house, feeling a bit weird because it's all sad and empty but then perking up when we went to look at tiles and stuff for making it all OURS!

laugs Your DVD was waiting for me when I got home last night so thank you very much - going to have a wee look this evening I think.

I am also having a horrible time with painful hips at night. The pain wakes me up and then I turn laboriously over only to then wake up an hour later and have to turn back. Grrr. Thanks for the tip about the duvet, claire, think I'll try it too. Glad your job is safe, know what you mean about the disappointment thing. I am also wondering how much of a priority work will be after this little one arrives. Up till now it has been my life (in the best possible way! Not a workaholic...am I?)

beepbeep Mon 07-Sep-09 19:23:08

Raggie - glad the move has gone well - did think about you Saturday as we came across to the Cowley Road to go to an Asian supermarket (The Continental) It's absolutely great for spices, rice etc and we have a trip over everyso often to stock up the spice cupboard (DH loves cooking -tho doesn't seem to be doing much of it lately hmm )

Just had phone call from inlaws (they look after DD & DS one day every 5 weeks (bit bizarre but DH works a 5 wk shift pattern & this day we struggle)), anyway MIL is poorly so they can't have them, so it's looks like i'll have to take a dependancy day tomorrow - was quite looking forward to a more peaceful day!

katster37 Mon 07-Sep-09 20:33:26

Hi everyone,

Just checking in. Been offline for a few days and then back at work which is making me go to bed at 9pm!

Claired sorry to hear about your work stress. Although at least you can breathe temporarily? And maybe by the time you are back things will have settled down. I hope so.

BeepBeep having similar trouble with couriers! I ordered a lot of things from amazon to be delivered while I was off work and they decided to deliver last week and today... Grrrr. Asked if they could deliver to my work address, but this is apparently a different depot, despite being in the same part of London hmm so have had it all sent back. Boring but annoying!

BBL aaaw how are your DSs enjoying being back ? I have got year 1 this year. First day of children today and it was such a shock to the system after usually having year 2! Think I am liking it though.

BTW, like the new thread title smile

helips Mon 07-Sep-09 20:37:16

Hi all, loving the new thread title Fruitpastels

Had a really crap day today but reading this has cheered me up, especially Erika your mum talking to Bryn, that did make me chuckle and Laugs taking a book to the loo (great idea by the way!) Erika hope you have a better nights sleep now that your pillow has arrived.

Raggie I sympathise with you on the sore hips at night, I have been getting that too, even with a cushion between my knees, and I keep waking up to turn over and then think while I'm awake I might as well go to the loo!

So, took ds to nursery for his last settling in time before the big day tomorrow. The staff suggested I sit in there office and have a cuppa and see how ds got on without me being there. Well, he cried the place down and I could hear him screaming mummy, I was literally fighting back the tears myself and still feel really upset about it now. I kept getting someone to check on him and report back and after 25mins he had actually cried himself to sleep. I felt awful. I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, in fact I'm welling up just thinking about it sad Think this is the hardest thing I've had to do which probably sounds a bit melodramatic, I blame the pregnancy hormones! Someone tell me it gets better please!

Fruitpastels Mon 07-Sep-09 20:55:08

Helips you can thank EasyEggs for the title! So sorry that DS didn't settle at nursery today. How old is he? I'm sure he'll settle with a little bit of time. My DS is back to pre-school tomorrow and I'm dreading it as he became so unsettled and clingy at the end of last term. Had to leave him a few times screaming mummy, but when I've gone back to collect him he's a happy bunny and had a good time. It's so upsetting and it doesn't help being pregnant and our hormones raging. I'm dreading next year when he starts school!

This thread is not accepting new messages.