Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due May 2010????

(1001 Posts)
lizzie9442 Fri 21-Aug-09 16:21:50

Thought I would start a new thread for may. Just got bfp and I am really excited. I think I'm due 30th April/1st May but there are so many people on April already. Heres hoping for a healthy pregnancy. I will just wait for lots more of you to join me. xxxx

ForcesSweetheart Fri 21-Aug-09 17:45:06

I just got the faintest of positive's on an early PT so I'll join you! Congrats Lizzie!!

lizzie9442 Fri 21-Aug-09 19:23:38

hi cograts to you to, really early days but nice to know I have some company, when do you think you will be due? xx

DrunkenMistake Fri 21-Aug-09 20:21:42

hello Ladies, guess I'm joining you for the time being. As you can tell from the name, it has been a bit of an accident and also a shock. I have told OH yet as he is away for the weekend.

Congratulations to the 2 of you

ForcesSweetheart Fri 21-Aug-09 21:09:24

Hi Lizzie, I'm actually thinking I might be having an April baby now, as Ovusoft calculates my due date as 6th May, but being diabetic I'll have to be delivered at least 2 weeks earlier so probably be end of April. Will hang around til you get some more bodies in ehre tho lol.
DrunkenMistake - congrats. Are you happy about the "mistake"? Do you think OH will be?
We'd been trying for baby number 2 for about a year with no joy so I decided to return to work and hold off until Christmas to restart trying (in order to get full Mat Pay). Wouldn't you know, the very first month back at work I fall pregnant!! Timing rather sux but I'm just happy it's happened at all.

DrunkenMistake Sat 22-Aug-09 08:32:36

TBH I think mine would be an April baby too, worked my dates out wrong yesterday, late April though.

FS-Afraid its not a very good mistake, I'm sure OH will be chuffed to bits, I am not though, need to comes to terms with it.
Sods law that you got back to work and get caught straighht away

brightredballoon Mon 24-Aug-09 07:07:08

Hi everyone

I got a faint BFP this morning, am very excited but since only due AF today I am aware I must be very early.

Hopefully the thread will fill up with holders of new BFPs very soon!

memorylapse Tue 25-Aug-09 18:13:09

Im tentatively joining as had a BFP today..af not due for another 3 days so Im aware its very early days..

Ive worked out Im due 6 th May..but am usually induced early so could be end of April

brightredballoon Tue 25-Aug-09 20:26:20

Hi Memorylapse!

I am only 4+1 so I know how you feel. I will most likely have an elective section so might also be the end of April.

Come on other due in Mayers!

memorylapse Wed 26-Aug-09 10:09:54

Hi Bright red balloon..I think Im about 4 weeks too..did a CBD this morning and got that magic wordgrin..so now it seems more real

FarahS Wed 26-Aug-09 16:57:23

Hi everyone and congrats! I got my BFP last week but only just found this thread now. I should be due 1st of May. I'm so excited!!! We had only just started trying and were chuffed that I got pregnant first attempt.

Where are you ladies from? I'm currently living in Manchester. When are you going to see the midwife for the first time? I've got my first appointment booked and it's in two weeks time.

Lovely to find this thread. xxx

brightredballoon Wed 26-Aug-09 18:12:37

Good to see the thread picking up a little!

ML - I did a CB but it gave me a negative (it was a digital one) but first response and a number of cheapies have given me all positives. Funny how they vary

FS - Lucky you getting your MW apt so soon, round here they dont see you until booking in which is about 11wks.

Anyone have any symtoms yet? I have slight nausea but nothing a biscuit wont cure. Also very tired, could easily go to bed at 8pm everynight!

FarahS Wed 26-Aug-09 19:04:55

BRB - Funny with the MW appointment.. they were apoligizing that I need to wait few weeks for the appointment.. but I think the first appointment is anyway just talking about stuff and blood tests.

I've had some symptoms. I had period pain kind of pain for about a week but I haven't had it after Sunday anymore.. luckily, wasn't very nice. Also I've been feeling dizzy lots for a week or so. And on Monday I started getting mild nausea and I feel really sensitive to smells and so especially smells cause the nausea. But ginger biscuits really help!!!!

memorylapse Wed 26-Aug-09 23:21:24

my boobs feel tender and Ive started to feel a bit faint..but thats it at the mo..
I dont know what the deal is with MW appt as I had the other dc's in another area, (we only moved here 3 years ago)..but I tried to get a doctors appt and couldnt get one for 3 weeksshock and am a bit worried as Im classed as high risk so really need to see the gp asap

sweetkitty Thu 27-Aug-09 18:38:33

Forcessweetheart - congratulations grin

I am very gently dipping my toes in, got a BFP today, this will be number 4 shock

memorylapse Thu 27-Aug-09 19:03:03

Sweetkitty..this will(hopefully) be number 5 for me shock..I must be mad!!..but my older 2 are 18 and 15 so kind of grown up

brightredballoon Thu 27-Aug-09 20:47:17

Congratulations everyone

Wow SK on no4 and ML on no 5 shock thats fab!

Is it too early to start a roll call? What does everyone think?

sweetkitty Thu 27-Aug-09 22:26:12

I don't mind doing a roll call, I don't think that writing you stats on an internet forum is going to make you not have a mc, sorry I'm quite a practical person as you will find out.

Lets all hold hands together, cross off the days until that magic 12 weeks.

I am hoping that I can blag a scan at 8 weeks due to previous mc that's my first goal 8 weeks

This is my fourth baby (5th pregnancy) I have 5.1yo DD1, 3.7yo DD2, 1.1yo DD3 ( I stopped BFing her last week), and no I am not wanting a boy sorry but I am going to be asked this 100 times a day once I start showing.

Based on a standard 28 day cycle I will be due 8th May, based on MY 27 day cycle I will be due 7th May, they don't tend to change your EDD unless you are about a week out IYSWIM so telling them I have a 27 day cycle will not make any difference for a day so we will go with 8th May.

my stats

sweetkitty - 34, EDD 08 May, no4

memorylapse Thu 27-Aug-09 23:01:03

Ill add my stats toosmile

Im 37 and have four dc's DD 18.DS,15,DS,8 and DD 5. DH is 41 and we both work full time

Im not looking forward to the hideous sickness I get..but at the same time..willing it to happen cos its a symptomgrin

memorylapse -37 EDD 05 May no 5

brightredballoon Fri 28-Aug-09 10:05:22

SK I think you misunderstood me, I meant is it too early as so few people on the thread for a roll call! I am sure it will busy up soon though so I will join your list:

memorylapse -37 EDD 05 May no 5
brightredballoon - 32, EDD 03 May, no3

hope everyone is feeling ok today, it's friday at least!

memorylapse Fri 28-Aug-09 10:40:10

Im keeping my fingers crossed that I dont get the severe sickness as Im off to center parcs in 3 weeks and dont want to spend the entire weekend throwing up!

sweetkitty Fri 28-Aug-09 11:52:43

brightredballoon - whoops sorry can I blame pregnancy brain yet

memorylapse - I love centerparcs, fingers crossed you aren't throwing up then, we were thinking about booking up next June but now I am not so sure although a wee baby isn't going to take up much room really, if we go end of June/beginning of July before the English schools break up it will be cheaper. Cannot go before then as chances are I'm going to get SPD/PGP and be in crippling agony from about 15 weeks.

memorylapse Fri 28-Aug-09 12:41:18

sweetkitty I sympathise with the SPD..I was in agony with it last time..couldnt even turn over in bed

brightredballoon Fri 28-Aug-09 14:50:28

Oh no girls, your SPD sounds awful. I hope both of you escape having it as bad this time round.

Centre parcs sounds lovely and great for families, I have been as a teenager with my family but not with my DH and children, keep meaning to book up.

sweetkitty Fri 28-Aug-09 15:13:21

The chances I will get SPD this time too have had it from 15, 15 and 12 weeks previously. It did put me off TTC#4 but you know it is utter hell but it goes as soon as the baby is out and they are so worth it, I feel like I will not allow SPD to stop me from having another baby. Just looking at coping strategies like getting a cleaner to blitz the house once a week, getting my ironing done and DP doing compressed hours or working at home one day a week.

This thread is not accepting new messages.