Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it too late to find out sex?

(12 Posts)
Staceyk Sun 02-Aug-09 21:17:50

At my 20 week scan we decided not to find out sex, we are now wishing we had (31 weeks) do they make a note on hospital notes of the sex, or is it too late to find out now?

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 02-Aug-09 21:18:54

As far as I know, they do not note it down anywhere (to avoid being sued if they make a mistake presumably ?). Can you afford a private scan ?

crokky Sun 02-Aug-09 21:25:39

The scanner will probably not have looked if you didn't ask. Even if they had seen, it wouldn't be in the notes. The only way to find out would be to get a private scan.

Staceyk Sun 02-Aug-09 21:27:44

Oh ok thanks, don't think we'll bother with private scan, we'll go with a suprise like the other 2, don't really mind what it is either, just curiosity getting better of us now.

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 02-Aug-09 21:28:53

Ah- not too long to wait though smile

lollyheart Sun 02-Aug-09 21:31:18

I think the baby will be all squashed up so would be hard to see the sex.

Not long nowsmile

What do you have already?[nosey]

sazm Sun 02-Aug-09 21:40:43

lol,dont worry,we were told it was DEF a girl,
one luminous(sp) pink carseat later we had a ds!!
dp and 2 toddlers had to go shopping to get a new carseat at 9am, b4 i could take him home!!!!
def a surprise lol

bruxeur Sun 02-Aug-09 21:55:23

Good thing too! If you put babies in the wrong colour car seat they would DEFINITELY die if you were to crash.

sazm Sun 02-Aug-09 22:04:11

it was a brand new seat with the tags still on,wouldnt have been able to sell it as new if i'd used it,

bruxeur Sun 02-Aug-09 22:07:29

It's a fair point, but you also had a narrow escape there; did you know that the essence of gay - the colour pink - can actually leach through two layers of cotton and a nappy and turn your baby into a homosexual?

thisisyesterday Sun 02-Aug-09 22:08:32

pmsl bruxeur

sazm Sun 02-Aug-09 22:42:52

too late anyway my older ds-5yo LOVES pink more than his sister,so plenty essence in our house lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now