Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due November 2009 - we just can't stop chatting!

(997 Posts)
BeckyBendyLegs Fri 31-Jul-09 17:24:39

A new thread!

southernbelle77 Fri 31-Jul-09 18:26:08

Omg, I just can't keep up with all this chatting! I promise to make more of an effort keeping up to date with this thread blush

My SPD has got severe now. Yesterday I could barely walk. I've got crutches now although as a cm, it's not like I'm able to use them very often! Use the pushchair as support instead hmm

Ordered and had my pram delivered! Went for the First Wheels City Elite with carrycot attachment. Not got it out the box yet although it's taking a lot of will power!!

skorpion Fri 31-Jul-09 18:31:37

Aaahhh I thought I lost ya! Phew.

Ninjacat Fri 31-Jul-09 18:38:13

So we slayed the thread? Hope the rest find us soon grin

katster37 Fri 31-Jul-09 19:11:59

Yay! New thread!
southernbelle sorry to hear about your SPD, that must be horrendous. And well done on will power - you are far better than me! grin
Just been on mamas and papas website - some gorgeous sale stuff. Managed to restrain myself though, but only because the website kept forgetting what I had put in my shopping basket!!
DH home and I have baked nectarine and raspberry tart, yum!

Trikken Fri 31-Jul-09 19:13:02

hey, just bookmarking so i can find you later!

BeckyBendyLegs Fri 31-Jul-09 19:18:51

The old thread said 'you cannot add more messages' or something when I last looked so thought I'd better create a new one!

Southernbelle poor you with your SPD. I really do sympathise.

DH is out late tonight so I have to get everyone to bed... then a night of Big Brother and pasta for me

beepbeep Fri 31-Jul-09 19:20:58

nectarine and raspberry tart - sounds gorgeous. We've just done a meatball and pasta bake with loads of basil (love it, always have but even more so at the mo), then made 2 lemon meringue pies last night as my brother and girlfriend were staying. One left - shame that!!

Naetha Fri 31-Jul-09 19:24:32

Wow another thread already!!

Well, I've succumbed to swine flu

Felt a bit "off" for the last couple of days, but today just felt horrendous. Woke up with a nasty cough, and just got worse throughout the day. In many ways it doesn't surprise me, as in the last two weeks I have been shopping in two major city centres after getting there by public transport, been to Ikea twice (never again!) and there are 3 confirmed cases in DH's work team.

Have picked up my Relenza and taken a dose, so fingers crossed everything will be OK. DS (19mo) seems a bit off colour, but I'm holding it at bay with Calpol at the moment. In a way it's a mixed blessing that we don't have a working thermometer, as I don't stress. As long as he's OK in himself, then I'm happy

Little gremlin (as we've taken to calling DC2 - as opposed to big gremlin, her brother) seems to be doing fine. 20 week scan was fine, and she's been booting me around ever since. It's funny comparing this pregnancy to my last one - in may ways it's exactly the same, but the way she's lying, and where she kicks me are totally different. She's a bladder and bowel kicker, and sits much higher than DS did, which has been giving me a bit of trouble with the old heartburn. Lol, not to mention the all-you-can-eat curry we went out for as a special treat for mine and DH's 5th wedding anniversary! I was gutted to be full by the starters, but pushed on, and ate some main course curry as well (Aagrah in Shipley - best curry in the world!) and then felt horrendous for the next 8 hours as I'd eaten wayyyy too much! I can't believe how much room this little lady is taking up already!

Anyway, I should really get something to eat and chill out in front of the sofa tonight. Best of luck to all of you

BeckyBendyLegs Fri 31-Jul-09 19:24:55

Can I have some???

funtimewincies Fri 31-Jul-09 19:49:21

New resolution for new thread - I WILL KEEP UP WITH THE NEWS grin!

Naetha - sorry to hear about the flu but pleased to hear that the scan went well. Sorry to hear about the awful SPD Southernbelle sad.

scarlotti Fri 31-Jul-09 19:49:58

Bookmarking too smile

funtimewincies Fri 31-Jul-09 19:55:17

How do I bookmark scarlotti?

<warning - technically challenged emoticon> blush.

Ninjacat Fri 31-Jul-09 20:09:03

Naetha sorry to hear you have Swine Flu. I got rid of our thermometer quite a while ago in an attempt to not get too neurotic but dp bought one in May when I had proper flu. It's the best thermometer ever as it doesn't seem to go above 36.5 so very reassuring. Dr said I had high temp, thermometer said it's usual 36.5. I love it's casual attitude to our family ills.

The three of us are off to watch Candi Statton and The Sauce as it is the Harbour Festival here and we live just by the harbour! Pretty miserable weather though. Presently I am making Apple Crumble.

mmmm grin

tigger32 Fri 31-Jul-09 20:20:36

Wow what a lot of chatter! grin

Well we're all packed for our trip to Devon, I dread to think what i'll miss in 2 weeks!
Thanks for all the happy holiday messages.

erika glad you reported that couple on fb that is shocking!

Neatha hope you feel better soon

beepbeep loving the sound of your tart mmm

Any way, lots still to do, hope you all keep well, speak to you in 2 weeks! grin

Ninjacat Fri 31-Jul-09 20:23:03

Happy Holidays Tigger

BeckyBendyLegs Fri 31-Jul-09 20:59:39

Naetha sorry to hear you are unwell. Take care of yourself. The themometer thing sounds like a good policy! We have one but not idea where it is...

I'm watching Coronation Street as DH is working late and I haven't seen it for about a year. What on earth is going on? Who is that guy David Platt is teasing with a white pill? Why is Chesney joy riding and who is the woman with the cakes who keeps going on about Gary? I'm well out of the loop. Before that I watched Eastenders and I was even more lost there.

Anyway BB on now

katster37 Fri 31-Jul-09 21:10:59

Oh Naetha poor you I hope you feel better soon and the Relenza starts to kick in. I am meant to be going to IKEA tomorrow... Yuck!

I am freaking out because my boobs feel lumpy. Near the nipple area. Not like there is a lump exactly, but that they just generally feel lumpy. Does anyone else have this? hmm

beepbeep Fri 31-Jul-09 21:20:36

Katster =don't have it at mo, but do remember it with DS. Think it's the tissue in your boobs changing. Check it with MW if you're concerned but pretty sure it's nothing to worry bout.

Hope you're feeling better soon Naetha.

Am currently sat here being booted very hard, it seems to 'push' with it's limbs which actually hurts. DD used to do the same thing andtowards end of pregnancy was SO painful, she's still pretty hyper! Little DS just used to give the odd little kicks, but really wasn't a particularly active baby. and 13 months later he still isn't - still isn't crawling, rolls everywhere and quite frankly can't be bothered with anything if it's an effort!!

ErikaMaye Fri 31-Jul-09 22:12:57

Just bookmarking - we talk way too much grin

ursigurke Sat 01-Aug-09 07:28:14

Naetha, I hope you'll soon feel better.
Off to work now before going to Dorset for the big fancy wedding. It's a shame that I couldn't manage to have a proper weekend to enjoy the countryside as well.
I hope you will all have a nice weekend and pleeeaaase do not chat too much wink

scarlotti Sat 01-Aug-09 07:50:48

Morning all

Well the leg cramps that have been threatening have finally started. I remember them with DS - waking up in the middle of the night with my calves on fire. Sigh. Will I ever get a full night's sleep again before this little man arrives?!

Hope lemontop has a wonderful day today grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 01-Aug-09 07:58:40

YEY! It was my fault last time I am sure, should have started a new one not posted blush did not notice we had talked that much! I hope everyone finds us ok...

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 01-Aug-09 08:10:19

Naetha - hope you feel better soon. But yey on the scan going well!

tigger probably too late, but enjoy Devon, its lovely here! (where in Devon are you going? if you come back on that is)

southernbelle how awful for you to have such bad SPD sad. Are you pleased with the pram? I am a bit confuse about what we will be getting hmm you would think second time around I would know wouldn't you? We only rally want a chassis, to put the carseat on, and it is impossible to buy (unless we buy bugaboo for far too much money!). I am intending on using a sling for carrying, but there will be times when it will be easier to use a pushchair with DD, and the carseat option is ideal, if only I can find one. Had decided on Quinny Zapp but I have heard not so great things since I researchd and made up my mind !

scarlott me too with the cramps, only twice so far, but it hurt soooo much, for much longer than I have ever had it before and the muscle hurt/ached for days afterwards. I also get it in my toes...one of toes cramps and bends outwards hmm. I have had this before with my second toe which is longer than big toe and has been dislocated/broken before, so when it cramps it dislocates itself and I have to snap it back (does not hurt), but this is another toe. weird.

Baby is a wiggler. A proper little wiggler. DD has been feeling my belly, but I am not sure she knows what she is feeling! She is also feeding me bits of food 'for my baby brother' yesterday she passed me a chip, this morning, pieces of apple !

katster37 Sat 01-Aug-09 08:47:37

Aaaw at your daughter, Pav*!

*Scarlotti
- I have been getting cramps 2 or 3 times a night for a while - I didn't realise this was a pregnancy thing! Wow, so many ridiculous things can this baby make us go through?!?!?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now