Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Why don't I look pregnant?!

(4 Posts)
sadie191 Wed 15-Jul-09 19:23:22

I'm almost 29 weeks pregnant and I don't look pregnant! I just look over fed. Whats going on? I know the baby is there because it is kicking away, and my midwife doesn't seem to think I should be worried.

Am I just being paranoid?

ministryofsleep Wed 15-Jul-09 19:28:04

Hi sadie191, I was the same with my first baby - I was really paranoid as EVERYONE kept saying I didn't look pregnant - I think I just had really strong stomach muscles, I was in all my normal clothes including jeans until 30 weeks and I finally started looking pregnant at about 33 weeks. mind you my stomach muscles weren't that good second time round as I was in maternity stuff at 11 weeks grin As long as you are feeling plenty of movements and your measurements are ok at your midwife appointments I wouldn't worry. I just felt cheated first time round as I wanted a mahoosive bump so everyone knew I was pregnant grin

sadie191 Wed 15-Jul-09 19:46:34

Really? I'm glad someone else understands, I do feel a bit cheated! grin My two friends, who are very behind my due date, have been showing for weeks. And I think that is making me feel worse! I know it does seem a bit mental to worry about not being huge but I didn't get morning sickness or mood swings either so I feel like I've just made the whole thing up.....yes that does sound mad!

My partner is 6ft4 so I guess I should enjoy these lighter moments wink

Thanks for your help, you've made me feel better!

ministryofsleep Wed 15-Jul-09 19:55:53

I know exactly how you feel - you just want to look pregnant don't you, I was bridesmaid at 28 weeks pregnant and didn't even need the dress taking out - I was devastated and everyone at the wedding kept asking me where I was hiding the baby hmm grin

However, I was back in my normal jeans 2 days after having DS1 so not growing too much did have it's advantages grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now