Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2009 - It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!

(835 Posts)
becksydee Wed 08-Jul-09 13:38:10

thought i'd better start the new thread off before we completely filled up the old one!

link back to the previous thread here

ScummyMummy Wed 08-Jul-09 14:00:45

Ooo! Brand new shiney thread with cool REM song title. Thanks, Becksy.

OonaghBhuna Wed 08-Jul-09 14:53:25

thanks BD. just back from swimming with Dds first time on my own with both of them. It was great fun, no probs as they can be independant with their armbands on.makes me feel that I can have a life when no.3 appears!
Im starting to get anxious and emotional about next week have been reading so much negative stuff about babies being born @37 weeks. I know its the better option there is more of a risk if we wait longer.He weighed about 6lbs last week so hopefully will be a little bit bigger.

fruitymum Wed 08-Jul-09 15:18:14

Oonagh - please don't worry too much - 3 of my friends have had babies born at 35, 34, 34 weeks - all are boys all are fine and now aged 9, 3, 14 months and you would never know they were prem.

readyfornumber2and3 Wed 08-Jul-09 16:10:45

OonaghBhuna Try not to worry, the doctors wouldnt do it unless they thought it was for the best smile many babies are born before 37 weeks and are absolutely fine

OonaghBhuna Wed 08-Jul-09 16:30:55

Thanks fruity and RFN2A3 I think I am just getting the pre birth/baby jitters.

VJaybigpants Wed 08-Jul-09 16:32:56

oonaghbhuna the other ladies are right, the doctors wouldn't do this if they didn't think it would be ok. Mt sis had her baby at 36 weeks last month, and he's fine, a right lttle bruiser smile

Lovely new thread becksydee smile

ScummyMummy Wed 08-Jul-09 17:14:47

Oonagh- 37 weeks is considered full term. Honestly. I bet he will be absolutely gorgeous and fine. I think pre-birth jitters are absolutely normal though!

HeinzSight Wed 08-Jul-09 18:01:58

Ooh shiny new thread, love the title grin

duchesse Wed 08-Jul-09 18:19:08

Ooh, shiny.

Oonagh, hang in there mate. Your nerves are normal. We'll all be cheering you on.

trixymalixy Wed 08-Jul-09 21:12:50

Oonagh, please don't worry, my neighbour's DS was born at 35 weeks and he is now bigger than my DS who was born a week earlier!!

OonaghBhuna Wed 08-Jul-09 22:10:07

Thanks for the reassurring messages, I appreciate it. X

craftynclothy Wed 08-Jul-09 23:32:50

Just posting so I can find the thread easily tomorrow!

Good luck Oonagh and agree with what's already been said x

quixotic Thu 09-Jul-09 10:03:43

Great name for the new thread, posting so I have it saved.

Good luck Oonagh!

Feeling huge, LO was practically under a rib last night, she is SO high all the time, I think I slept for about an hour on and off - very tired today. Cannot wait for maternity leave to start.

martinemorris Thu 09-Jul-09 12:14:32

Hello all,

Have been reading the threads and thought its time I gave an update.

Well nealry 36 weeks and baby is still breech so have a appointment for a scan and to see the consultant next week.... Its looking more and more like a c-section as the baby is big and they dont have much hope in the little monkey turning...

Hope everyone is well, I for one am glad its cooled down from last week ;-)

xx

valz Thu 09-Jul-09 13:20:16

Hi Ladies

Just back from my scan, going every week from now on in. bambinos are 4lb 11 and 4lb 13 so growing well and plenty of movement etc. first baby still head first, second is still breech so the consultant told me that they most likely will deliver the first baby as normal and deliver the second breech, i asked would they try to turn the second when the first comes out and she said no, in fact if it started to turn itself when the first is out they would probably try to turn it back to breech and i quote "put their hand in and grab the leg and pull the baby out in breech position" seemly if the baby started to turn itself it could take a while for it to make its way down the birth canal and could take too long, but because the path is already laid by the first baby, remaining breech would be best and quicker for the second baby. sounds a bit scary to me but as long as ive the epidural and end up with two healthy babys i dont care. I do indeed think i'll shite myself though when the time comes and i realise whats about to happen to my poor vaj ja ja hmm

oonagh dont worry about baby been born at 37 weeks, most people ive spoke to say that is considered as good as full term and most babys dont even need special care if born from week 37 onward. just look forward to meeting your wee person although i understand its hard not to feel anxious. You'll be in good hands!!

Hawkmoth Thu 09-Jul-09 14:24:40

Nice new thread

Glad I'm not the only one despairing at how much is left to do. Gradually getting baby stuff together, but not packed and I feel like I'm living in a pigsty! So much paperwork and so many toys everywhere.

An hour of unpleasant BHs last night - I had to go and lie down. Last time they felt like someone pulling and pushing on my bump at the same time. Now you can add in sick feeling and period pains. Unless of course I'm doomed to a three week latent phase...

Also drunk LOADS of water yesterday and seemed to swell up more - is that how it works now? I thought it was the opposite way round!

MrsThePoint Thu 09-Jul-09 16:25:26

Also slowly getting getting baby stuff together. My 'just-in-case' hosp. bag is now packed, but not got all in the the home birth box yet. Brought the TENS today, have brought new mattresses for Moses baskets/pram and they are down from loft and clean. First size clothes are washed and in drawer/hosp. bag, so baby has something to wear and somewhere to sleep when it arrives.

Other than that, small room/nursery still a dump (but as baby sleeps in with us for first few months anyway, so not really bothered) and house a tip! Hey-ho.

Getting BH here, quite strong, and in clusters now! Supposed to be a good sign! I'm 35 weeks.

quixotic Thu 09-Jul-09 17:18:13

Are lots of BHs a good sign? I had them constantly for about 6 hours last night, not painful, just tight and uncomfortable. Then this afternoon for about 3 hours.... What does it mean? I know it means I cannot go anywhere fast that is for sure grin.

OonaghBhuna Thu 09-Jul-09 18:22:45

i dont have a clue with BH, I have been getting them too, I think its the body preparing itself for the birth.

My Boden changing bag arrived and its fab, loads of space and a bargain.

We dont have a nursery. DD2 stayed in our room for 15 months..........Much too DH dismay.So we will have planty of time to decorate the spare room

Feeling better im going around to a good friends house for dinner and she is also going to give me loads of babay boy clothes so it should be a nice evening.

DH is collecting our new second hand people carrier, its a ford Galaxy so it will be very different from my toyota starlet!!!I sold it last night for £250! It was sad seeing it go its been a very reliable car.

I think the baby tried to change position last night it was squirming about, however this morning he seems to have settled in his usual spot!

Longtalljosie Thu 09-Jul-09 20:57:56

Ooh changing bag Oonagh - is it this one?

Haven't got one yet. Although there's always the free one from Boots

kitkatqueen Thu 09-Jul-09 21:21:08

Hi Everyone - feeling too shattered to read properly will find u all tommorow. BH out of control. Baby kicking like mad inbetween each one. Saw midwife who says I've just about run out of room, but have definatly turned the LB so whatever happens now he's head down ready to go.

brought our list forward from the last thread - check u r on it

Oonagh, agree with everyone else 37 weeks may seem worryingly early but will be fine - 40 weeks is the total pregnancy but 37 weeks is classed as full term, you would be allowed a home birth in other circumstances Don't stress

catch up all tommorow

Clairedaz EDD ??? (((GIRL!)))
Clare1234 EDD ????
Flibertywidget EDD ??? (dd 21mnths)
Skydancer EDD 27th July
2HotCrossBunsAnd1InTheOven EDD 28th July (DS 3.7 DS 1.9) (((GIRL!))))
pussface EDD 29th July (DSS 14, DD 6mo)
Uki EDD 29th July (DS3,DS1) ((((GIRL))))
Nandos EDD 30th July (((BOY!)))
Hope88 EDD 1st Aug (First and it's a BOY!)
BumpVLump EDD 1st Aug (first) (((GIRL!)))
Cheekymonkey EDD 1st Aug (DS)
traceybath EDD 1st Aug (DS4, DS14m) (((GIRL!)))
lalaRachel EDD 1st Aug (first) (((SURPRISE!)))
Forester EDD 2nd Aug (first) (((GIRL!)))
Specialoffer EDD 2nd Aug (DS16m)
nellyup EDD 2nd aug (DD3, DS4)
trixymalixy EDD 2nd Aug (DS 2) (((SURPRISE!)))
sheenaisapunkrocker EDD 2nd Aug
faerieprincess EDD 3rd Aug (DS20m)
gemdangracie EDD 3rd Aug (DD2)
itsamiracle EDD 3rd Aug (DS2)
babylanguagelearner EDD 3rd Aug (DS 12m)
Rachel1963 EDD 3rd Aug (DS 3.1) (((SURPRISE!)))
Oonaghbhuna EDD 3rd August (DD1 3.6,DD2,2) ((((BOY!))))
Mellin EDD 3rd August (DD 2.4)
LeninGrad EDD 4th Aug (DS 2.9) (((SURPRISE!)))
Cairns EDD 4th Aug (DS 18m) (((SURPRISE!)))
moosecat1 EDD 4th Aug
Zorra EDD 4th Aug
TaleofTwoCities EDD 6th Aug (DS4,DD2.1) (((BOY!)))
nuttygirl EDD 6th Aug (((SURPRISE!)))
noodle12 EDD 6th Aug (DD 2.5)
PPorgy EDD 6th Aug
Scummymummy EDD 6th Aug
Gorgeous EDD 6th Aug 1 dc 2.5 yrs
fairylights EDD 7th Aug (DS2) (((SURPRISE!)))
Mayl EDD 7th Aug (DD DS)
lifesaboxochoccies EDD 7th Aug (ds 2.10)
Haribosmummy EDD 7th Aug
cakesandchocolate EDD 8th Aug
MammaDani EDD 8th Aug
Hunnybunnyaug09 EDD 8th Aug (first)
BabyBump2B EDD 9th Aug ((((GIRL))))
sweetiewrapper EDD 10th Aug
mama2leah EDD 10th Aug ( DD 9 Mnths)
MrsThePoint EDD 11th Aug (DS age 3) (((SURPRISE!)))
Lyra75 EDD 11th Aug (DS 16 months)
monkeyfeathers EDD 11th August (DS 8)
mamamila EDD 12th Aug ((GIRL))(DD 1.9. DS 16.9)
hencath EDD 12th Aug (first)
fairygirl3 EDD 12th Aug (DS, DS, DD)a
Hawkmoth EDD 12th Aug (DD3) (((BOY!)))
hippyme EDD 12th Aug
Kanuck EDD 12th Aug
Rozebud EDD 12th Aug
longtalljosie EDD 12th Aug ((GIRL!))
Fruitymum EDD 13th Aug DD1 3yrs old
Cazinski EDD 13th Aug
suwoodolf EDD 13th Aug (DD 7, DS 2)
Heinzsight EDD 13th Aug (DS1 12, DS2 9, DD 15 months) (((((((SURPRISE)))))))
Boogiewoo EDD 13th Aug
babycat EDD 14th Aug (DD)
Picante EDD 15th Aug (DD 2.7)
thecollection EDD 15th Aug (((Girl!)))
loopylou25 EDD 15th Aug (DD1 5 DD2 1)
thatsnotmypirate EDD 16th Aug (DS 19 months)
chocolatine EDD 17th Aug
InspectorGadget EDD 17th Aug
duchesse Edd 17th Aug (but I think 9th) DS 15, DD 13, DD 11
KitKatqueen EDD 18th Aug (3 DC) (((((BOY!!))))
Valz EDD 18th Aug
ThePippy EDD 19th Aug
WeAreStardust EDD 19th Aug
Lunaticmamma EDD 19th Aug (1 DC)
Beetlesbugsandbutterflies EDD 19TH Aug(DS3)
Beccylt EDD 20th Aug (1 DC)
motherof2boys EDD 20th Aug (ds1 6 ds2 5 )
MichaelaS EDD 20 Aug <<<<**NATHAN BORN**>>>> 1st May @24 +1
chrysanthemum EDD 20th Aug
quixotic EDD 20th Aug (((GIRL)))
May67 EDD 20th Aug (DD 3)
Cwtchy EDD 21st Aug (DD 15 mos)
HellHathNoFury 21st Aug (Will be DS2)
thoughtforms EDD 22nd Aug (((GIRL)))
Sushipaws EDD 22nd Aug (DD 21mo)
YanknCock EDD 25th Aug (((BOY!)))
rightbobbydazzler EDD 25th Aug DS3 DS6mths
VJay EDD 26th Aug (DS 6) (((BOY)))
becksydee EDD 26th Aug
Makipuppy EDD 26th August (first baby)
fustilarian EDD 27th Aug (DD 14mnths)
Mumof3tobe EDD 27th Aug (DS 5.2 & DD 3.5)
lea1980 EDD 27th aug (DS 19 months)(((GIRL)))
olivo EDD 27th Aug (DD 2.6)
readyfornumber2and3 EDD 27th Aug (DS) ((BOY & GIRL))
Iblamethepenguins EDD 31st Aug

Uki Fri 10-Jul-09 02:16:16

Hi ALL

OonaghBhuna- good luck for next week, echo what others say, I think baby will be fine, as is a good size, I'm jealous you get to meet your baby boy so soon, wish it was me.
Also was it you saying your not looking forward to hospital, I was like that with my first BUT third time around, I can't think of anything better than getting to lie in bed and get brought meals, have loads of clean things for the baby and not have to wash them myself, I want to stay as long as possible grin

I also have had loads of BH, had them all sat night and got no sleep, i rang hospital, but as they weren't painful they said they were just BH, come in if i want, I got to sleep at 5am and they stopped, then started again, but pandered off, my mum and dad came to stay just in case, it meant something would happen, and then of course not one BH for three daysblush

I'm soooo over being pg now, feel so sickly and tired all the time.

We have decided on a name now grin so hopefully that might motivate her a bit. think she might just want

becksydee Fri 10-Jul-09 12:17:01

hi everyone

TFI friday!!! really starting to feel like i can't carry on for too much longer at work, got home last night and collapsed on the sofa in a tearful heap. unfortunately my maternity leave doesn't start until 12th august (at 38 weeks) because i had the (sensible at the time) idea that it would be better to work as long as poss and have more time off with the baby afterwards. of course, i had no idea how tough these last few weeks would feel! oh well, very little i can do about it now ...

had a bit of a moan about it via my facebook status last night, all the mums were advising me to get out of work asap by whatever means possible & my child-free friends were posting things like 'hang in there' and 'the more time you put in at work now the more you'll have with the baby later' etc etc - thought that was quite interesting!

DP has picked up a couple of freelance jobs over the next couple of weeks - nothing big but more than he's had in ages - & has also been headhunted for a job at the NCT of all places! money's not brilliant but i figure it would be quite a family-friendly place to work which is probably worth more than extra ££s in some ways. i'm keeping my fingers very tightly crossed for this one ...

anyone else getting weird stabbing sensations in their nether regions by the way? what's that all about??

oonagh - sounds like you're feeling a bit more positive like others, i'm slightly jealous that you're getting to meet your baby so soon! maybe mine could show up a bit early ... from the 3d scan it looks like it's fairly well cooked already ...

ScummyMummy Fri 10-Jul-09 12:31:22

How exciting re dp's possible job, becksy. Know what you mean about wanting maternity leave to start. Must admit I'm really happy to be off even though I'd planned to work up till 38 weeks as well and had kind of assumed it would be a breeze. Doh. I can't remember when I stopped last time. Must have blocked out the memory! I love your scan photo on the profile, btw.

envy of you deciding on a name, uki. I am really stuck for both boys and girls...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now