Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Twins on the Way, What Travel System will fit BMW 3 Series

(2 Posts)
valz Fri 03-Jul-09 13:33:58

Hi All

Im almost 34 weeks pregnant with twins, I have been researching twin buggies the tandem travel system type that car seats clip into. Went to one store and tried the Jane powertwin Pro, which was great only i found the opening in my boot was not deep enough and it wouldnt fit. its a bmw 3 series. the lady in the shop reckoned its not likely any twin buggy apart from a side by side would fit. the boot is big enough, its just the height of the opening.

Does anyone know of a travel system that will fit?

penona Fri 03-Jul-09 15:11:55

We had a 3 series but had to sell it for that reason!!! We had a Maclaren side by side, which my husband (and other taller people) could fit into the boot but I couldn't - wasn't tall enough to lift over the 'lip' of the boot IYSWIM. We also had a Nipper out and about, which just fitted into the boot, but no room for anything else (travel cots, bags, etc).

There aren't many travel systems on the market fpr twins I don't think - have a good think about whether you actually want one anyway. I tended to leave the car seats in the car and just take the kids out and pop them in the buggy - couldn't carry 2 car seats anyway.

Good luck with the twins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now