Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in June 09 - They think it's all over...

(245 Posts)
lauraloo09 Mon 22-Jun-09 18:44:07

here we go def last thread in ante-natal

quite surprise i can still type in between contractions

llynnnn Mon 22-Jun-09 18:51:15

laura you are doing so well being on here and having contractions! good luck!! thanks for the new thread

ineed - so you have a night owl too! it was so much easier with the dd1 at least we could have a lie in the morning or nap in the afternoon! now its all systems go at 6.30am regardless of how much sleep i've had in the night!

chocciedooby Mon 22-Jun-09 18:51:27

Go Girl!!!!!! grin

good luck laura. so excited for you.

Tee2072 Mon 22-Jun-09 19:36:11

Just marking the new thread...

LittleSarah Mon 22-Jun-09 19:39:19

Hello ladies

Well Alexander hasn't quite settled into two feeds a night... up at 2am, 4am and 6.30am last night. Still he is feeding well and it doesn't hurt anymore which is fab.

Now need to get used to being my own with two kids - ahhhhh - but it should be an easier transition than for some as my mum is going to be coming around 3 times a week for a few hours to entertain dd so I can rest. Yes my mother is my mother's help, I am lucky to have her.

bigcar - I got dh a cup with pics of him and ds and dd on it from snapfish which I think went down quite well, sounds like your t-shirt did too.

tee - as long as Rupert is feeding and well that is all that matters!

bunny - Cordelia is a gorgeous name, you used your time well! Hope your breasts/nipples are holding up.

MrsMcJnr - How is your cat? Hope you're okay, horrible situation there.

laura - yay for labour getting going! Good luck!

choccie - I know exactly how you feel about your dh going back to work. I also have had to do hardly a thing for two weeks and now I'm on my own with ds and dd! sad And feeling pathetically sorry for myself. He is still being great though, as I type he is hanging up washing and has already cleaned kitchen!
Glad Eleri has gained weight, Alex will be weighed tomorrow and I think he should be the same, he feeds so much!

effie - glad Rupert is feeding so well, he is happily swapping between breast and bottle? I'm nosy as I want to introduce bottle in a couple of weeks for dh to do some feeds.

loouise - No wonder you are a little down at eight days over, I was getting itchy feet before my due date! You're right though, baby will be here by the weekend at the latest, one of the coming days will be the best of your life!

silk - With ds my nipples definitely needed time to get used to bfeeding, it was really painful at first, but now it is totally fine. (Strangely it was always fine with dd but she obviously had a huge mouth!)

ermin - Hope your wee one come out to play soon, love the fan oven analogy!

Hello to everyone else!

Ineedmorechocolatenow Mon 22-Jun-09 19:43:08

Apologies for one-handed shite typing. It's harder with two isn't it llynnnn? All that 'sleep when baby sleeps' stuff doesn't apply. Poor DS gets a very snappy mummy most of the day. They also have synced with poos (but not sleep, unfortunately) so I'm often doing multiple nappy changes!

Go Laura! Can't wait to hear your news xx

insywinsyspider Mon 22-Jun-09 20:56:24

hello all

ineed I completely agree with the increased difficultly of sleep and having more than one baby, so far I'm struglling with dh and I being out numbered, not enough pairs of hands at bed and bath time - Bear is going to have to be a very chilled out baby <<fingers crossed>>

I'm afriad I've completely lost where everyone is at but is anyone struggling with hormones/baby blues? Bear is a week old tomorrow and I've spent another day in tears, firstly I managed to bleed on my freshly washed bedcovers after my shower this am whilst getting dry and dressed, then ds2 spilt water over Bears only clean blue outfit so he's had to wear unisex newborn to playgroup and I had to sit through another round of the 'what did you have' followed by 'ooohh I bet you were hoping for a girl' so cried about that, my boobs are engored and I can't cuddle ds1 and ds2, dh has had to do story time for last 3 nights and I miss that calm chilled out time with them because the rest of the time they seem to run me ragged - please tell me I'm not alone?? <<hopeful emotion>>

DorisIsAPinkDragon Mon 22-Jun-09 20:58:05

laura you're a legend new threads between contractions grin hopefully you're no longer at home now and (nearly) have you're new LO in your arms!!! Good Luck and looking forward to your news....

ineed littles and llynn Dh went back to work here today as well, and things went ok, far more television than normal happened blush but we muddled through. One good thing dh aked dd1 to help mummy and she has been an absolute star, getting things for me when I am feeding helping to get annabelles clothes out of the drawers etc. Oh complete awwww moment of the day I realised that she hadn't held her dsis, so asked her if she wanted too and the huge beam of pride as she had a picture with Anabelle in her arms was gorgeous (will stop gushing now)

Right off to do some research on the net as MIL and SFIL have let us down, they (very nicely) offered to pay for us to have a patio laid but now the quotes have come in they want me to organise all the deliveries and for dh and his step brother to do it (dh doesn't stop atm as soon as he walks through the door help cooks tea etc) As qoutes were more than they expected (£2000!!! sad)It's a lovely thought but not 2 weeks post partum..... just really sad as I got all excited about letting the girls outside this summer (DD2 can go out without very close supervision because of the risk from the mud, and so DD1 isn't allowed out when dd2 is up as she would get upset blah blah) so with all the hormones and sleep depravation was a wee bit glum earlier

Hi to the rest of you juners will check later if I'm allowed grin (bunny loved "the commandant")

DorisIsAPinkDragon Mon 22-Jun-09 21:02:53

insy you've just described me for the last 2 weeks today was the first good day and I've still been close to tears 3 times and in tears once sad. Hang in there love it's got to get better than this (dd1 shouting to have bottom wiped, dd2 falling off furniture, after being shouted at to get off and me in tears as dd3 latches on and not knowing where to start!) ((((((hugs))))))

DorisIsAPinkDragon Mon 22-Jun-09 21:04:53

Oh and insy I haven't managed playgroup yet, that's tomorrows joy (if I feel brave enough) so well done you and Annabelle's 2 weeks old blush

ermintrude13 Mon 22-Jun-09 22:01:54

Bookmarking - thanks for starting new thread lauraloo - and will do my best to make it redundant asap! grin

silkcushion Mon 22-Jun-09 22:41:42

toe curlingly bfing here whilst i type. think i need mw to check latch tomorrow.

baby blues hit this evening and i've been horrible to dh sad felt like wonderwoman 2 days ago now evil wife and mummy!

Tee2072 Tue 23-Jun-09 03:34:33

Well, Adam the rotten child grin decided that daddy's walking around wasn't good enough so needed mummy's walking around to fall asleep. And now I'm wide awake while the 2 of them snooze away. Anyone want a DH and an 11 day old baby? grin

Hope you ladies who haven't popped yet are doing okay. Can't be much longer...can it?

mrsmcJ saw your post on the other thread...I would really encourage you to try to get DH to the doctor. He might just be overwhelmed and feeling a bit neglected, but he also might be depressed. Yelling at you in general is not on, but to do it in front of others? hmm

insy I've been a puddle off and on all day. DH and I were down at city centre getting some things while my mum watched Adam and we had a fight in the middle of the street about whether or not to stop and buy a paper. He stalked off, I burst into tears, right on High Street. Ain't hormones grand? grin

Naat Tue 23-Jun-09 08:03:34

Hi ladies!!
bookmarking the thread!!!
Go Laura go!!! smile

ermintrude13 Tue 23-Jun-09 09:41:14

Just signing in in case anyone thought I was off having a baby...

laura, hope that's what's you're up to. And looouise...? worriedamy..?

chocciedooby Tue 23-Jun-09 10:46:47

have to go wake Elina for a feed in a minute (she is still sleeping for Ireland right now) but wanted to say good morning to everyone.

All you ladies with the blues , I hear you! The slightest things set me off in tears. I can't seem to cope with multi-tasking anymore which is essential with 3 dcs. Yesterday wasn't too bad so I supose we all have to take each day as it comes.

DS1 has a playdate stright from school today so I only have to collect DS2 from MOntessori. it will be my first school pick up since the birth. I also have to take a trip to the supermarket as we are low on so many things. I know these things are simple little chores but I have not ventured far out of the house yet so today will be a big day for me

Will try and catch up with you all later on.

Any news from Lauraloo???

worriedamy Tue 23-Jun-09 11:02:48

ahhhh 7 times I have tried to post- still no baby here!! My phone keeps cutting off and I still have no net, but I am still reading posts and keeping up with things, so keep posting peeps!! And fingers crossed its not much longer for us ladies in waiting!!

worriedamy Tue 23-Jun-09 11:04:00

finally! My post actually appears on the thread!

loooouise Tue 23-Jun-09 11:09:10

Still here Ermin & worried, still here....

Love to all ladies in tears...wish I could offer some advice, but I've only got it all to come! (((hugs)))

bigcar Tue 23-Jun-09 11:33:54

morning all smile

tee, hope you managed to get some sleep in the end!

littlesarah, that's a lovely gift idea, lasts a lot longer than chocs, must remember that! If I EVER get my brain back hmm

laura, hope you're too busy cuddling your new lo to post smile

Hope you all have a better day today ladies, just keep telling ourselves IT WILL GET EASIER! grin

waves to all smile

insywinsyspider Tue 23-Jun-09 13:09:22

thank goodness its not just me in tears! (in the nicest possible way of course smile) today the boys are in nursery and dh and I are having a very chilled out day, I'm really going to miss him next week

doris you're right about not being the right time to sort out patio, would family understand if you asked them to help with ordering at least? don't take on too much at the moment. As for making it to playgroup, dh has been with me all 3 times and my boys are wild (too much excitement about having daddy at home) so being in our v small house they just cause mayhem, playgroup can be a break. I find if I'm at home all I tell them to do is stop doing that and turn into a very negative mummy sad

tee hormones are the most evil and wonderful things aren't they hmm

right food shopping and decided to buy blue clothes dye grin no more white baby grows!

June2009 Tue 23-Jun-09 15:05:38

Hey, just marking the thread as well, hi to evreybody, sorry can't catch up, newborn and all that ;)

laura very impressed you can sort out the new thread between contractions.
fingers crossed for you!

They took my stitches out today, eeeekkk.
I seem to have some kind of boob leakage so gonna try expressing tonight.

Gotta teach how DH clean the baby now.

Effielou Tue 23-Jun-09 16:23:11

Hi ALL.

LittleS Rupert was given a few bottles in SCBU- so it not been too bad- we use the tommie tippee, closer to nature ones- and he like those.

I forgot to congratulate silk so congratulations.

Hope laura is nearing meeting LO soon xxx

Any other Juners popping!!!???

Hello to all the others

MrsMc Hope you are ok??? We had the same decision to make about my cat-- its horrid, so sending lots of hugs your way.

We have been signed off by the mw- now Ruperts reached his birth weight, so now its over to the shite-- oops typing error-- fab health Visitors--yippee xxxx

Hope you are all well??

lots of love Me xxx

LittleSarah Tue 23-Jun-09 17:54:26

Effie - They are the ones we have so hopefully Alexander will like them too.

It has been confirmed! I have a FIRST! My journalism tutor just told me it is definite! I am very very pleased, there weren't many apparently! Anyway, sorry to show off but there you go!

Tee2072 Tue 23-Jun-09 17:56:40

Well done littlesarah!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now