Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The wagon needs to make room for the imminent arrival....

(999 Posts)
glaskham Sat 13-Jun-09 09:40:33

New thread ladies... lets hope its a good un!!

Births:
Kay - 12th December - 6:49pm - Dylan George - 10lbs 5ozs
Teuch- - - boy
Pop - 23rd December - twin boys, Hugo & Henry
Nat - 27th December - 8:36pm - Mikey Bradley - 6lb 10.5oz
Gin - 16th Jan- Girl - 7.25am- details tbc
Tink- 19th Jan - Girl - 1.51pm - Bracken Hope Willow - 8lbs 7oz
Astarte - 16th Feb - Girl - 8lb 12oz
Glask - 20th Feb - Girl - 7.47pm - Ruby Marie 4lb (8wks prem)
LardyBump - 21st Feb- Boy - 8lb 12oz
HappyNappies- 27th Feb- Boy - 12.01am 9lb13 Edward James Roy
Playing - 4th March - boy - 5 lb 12 oz - Edward Lewis Stainer
Starshinetiger - 15th March - girl - 7lb 1 oz - Charlotte Carys Rose
GYo - 22nd March 9.55am- girl - 10 lbs 12 oz -
Cosmo - 2nd April - girl - April Victoria - 8.51am - 6lb 9
Gruff - 15th April - boy - 8lb 2 oz - 6.02am Zachary John Graham
Ses - 9th May - boy - 8lb 9oz - 10.17am Owen Edward
MINM- .......

Weeks list:
Diege - 38 weeks, 2 left to go. Boy!!!!(21st June)
LBOT - 33 weeks, 7 left to go BOY! (24th July)
KookyKid - 26 weeks, 14 weeks to go (2nd Sept) BOY!
Idreamofbeanie - 24 weeks (due 27th Sept) GIRL!
Sparklytwinkletoes - 19 weeks (due 6th Oct)
BB - 18 weeks (EDD 30th oct)
Moosy - 14 weeks (EDD 6th Dec)
Claire236 - 5 weeks (EDD 7 Dec)

Girls = 8
Boys= 9 (3 more still insitu)
Surprise = 10
Unknowns (yet) = 3

Scan list:
STT - 20 week scan 21st May
BB - 20 week scan 11th june 09 (not finding out sex)
Moosy - 20 week scan 22nd July

MW apps list:
IDOB- 24 week apt 9th June
BB- 17th july MW, Antenatal clinic 15th june
LBOT - 36 week appointment, 25 June
Diege - 38 week appointment, 11th June.

Mat leave countdown:
Diege - Annual leave, proper mat leave starting 15th June.
LBOT - last day 17 July (I think!) 26 days to go
BB- AGES!!!
IDOB - 4th September, 13 weeks.

Babys Age
Kayz's Dylan - 26 weeks
Tinks Bracken - 20 weeks
Glaskham's Ruby - 16 weeks
Gyo's small giraffe - 10 weeks
Cosmo baby - 8 weeks
Ses's Owen - 3 weeks

glaskham Sat 13-Jun-09 09:42:02

no more room on the last thread to add link... hope everyone finds us soon enough!!

SesHasFinallyBecomeAMum Sat 13-Jun-09 13:14:45

Thanks for new thread Glask
Enjoy suprising your DH.

Had another upset this morning with DH. Think we're both tired which doesn't help. We've had a family cuddle with Owen now so hope things are better. It's a shame as we started off working so well together with DS.
Also just had text from SIL in Ireland asking if I'd consider mixed feeding with formula. Made me want to scream but maybe my milk is just not enough?

I'm now just watching the start of Andy Murray's match before we go to friend's DD's party.

Diege - hope you have your lo in your arms now or if not, hope it won't be long!

Cosmogirl Sat 13-Jun-09 14:10:09

Thinking of you Diege - hope all goes smoothly and you have your little boy soon.

julesisoneyearolder Sat 13-Jun-09 14:40:52

we have bought a wii so excited.
bought wii console with wii sports, wii play with another console, wii charging units for controls,numchuck and wii fit

good luck diege

Moosy Sat 13-Jun-09 15:09:28

Ses you know your milk is good enough, just ignore all the fuckwitted insensitive comments from people!

Come on Diege!

sorky Sat 13-Jun-09 16:00:20

Ses you need to stop worrying about this, truly. He will pick up on your stress levels.
Your milk most definitely is good enough for him, it's what he's meant to drink, not formula. How can mixed feeding or any other feeding be better? It can't!
If you want to carry on BF, just carry on as normal. I think you are doing a fab job!

We have a Wii Tink it's great fun.

I've been lurking on the other thread and only just realised it was full hmm

C'mon Diege grin

julesisoneyearolder Sat 13-Jun-09 17:00:24

ses - i know that it is hard not to stress - dd1 is so fussy and was a nightmare with milk gained weight slowly she is still fussy now. bracken is better.
i was getting so stressed when bracken was a few weeks old over feeding was checking all of her bottles and writing down what she was having as it brought back memorys of dd1 as a baby.
now i dont look @ what she is having to much. i know i am bottle feeding.
i am sure he will be fine
it is true about stress levels definetly
lol sorky!! cant wait to get wii

SesHasFinallyBecomeAMum Sat 13-Jun-09 18:41:29

It's only on MN that I get supportive comments like this. Guess that's why you guys bear the brunt of it - sorry.
He's had 2 really good focussed feeds this afternoon whilst we've been out so my confidence is coming back.
I'll shut up and just get on with what I know is right for him.

Wii sounds good. We don't have a games console.

julesisoneyearolder Sat 13-Jun-09 19:00:24

hi ses

we all support each other on here.
well done

we have a playstation 2 have had it for 9 years

idreamofbeanie Sat 13-Jun-09 19:31:46

Hi, just realised I was lurking on a full threadblush.

Ses - please don't let people get to you, you are doing a fantastic job and he'll start piling it on in his own time.

Hi Sorky, Glask, Jules, Cosmo and Moosy. Hope you've had a good day.

Diege - hope you have your DS in your arms.

We've had a lovely day at the races with some friends and my godson. It's fab at York races - you can just pay a fiver and sit on the grass in the course enclosure with a picnic and wine (not that I could drink). It has been a gorgeous day. The only bad side was that beanie decided to have a very quiet day and I hadn't felt her kick all day - I drank a can of coke and lay in the bath which usually gets her kicking but nothing. Sensibly I knew that I have only been feeling regular strong kicks for a couple of weeks so she was probably just sleepy or facing inwards so kicking the placenta but I was getting a bit stressed blush. Sat down to tell DP I was worried and got a huge kick and she hasn't stopped since grin. She's not even here yet and already knows how to wind me up smile.

bumpsnowjustplump Sat 13-Jun-09 21:28:05

Just checking in to see if there was any news on deige... Will be back tomorrow to check as we are all so tired tonight...

sorky Sat 13-Jun-09 22:33:20

<hands around brownies for the night-lurkers>
Diege this waiting is killing me grin

So glad you had a good feeding day Ses <blatant hugs>

York races sounds lovely IDOB

Tink we were sorting through some stuff in the loft the other day and found an N64!!!! I think it may well be almost 15 year old now, blimey!

bumpsnowjustplump Sat 13-Jun-09 22:37:18

Sorky I loved the N64 we used to have a game called Booty and it was great... Also pajamaram... Those were the days.... Right i am off to bed now night...

Diege Sat 13-Jun-09 22:42:24

shockThank goodness I'm still able to contact you, well done for making more space. Mr Diege here[tired face]. Jacob Llewellyn Diege born 9lb8oz at 1700 by caesarean under GA after Diege had to throw in the towel on a standard birth due to JLD being too big for her pelvis.[throwing in the towel face] Luckily she was able to see the funny side.smile Both well and contented.smile She will be interned for about 3 days[internment face] but sends her best and a promise to post asap. grin

sorky Sat 13-Jun-09 22:43:04

Bumpy I have 6 vowels and a Y, I'm not happy!

sorky Sat 13-Jun-09 22:45:26

Ooh Congratulations Mr Diege, DIEGE and all the little Diege's grin

What wonderful news!

Take it easy xxxxx (but post delish pics to fb asap) wink

lastboxoftampons Sun 14-Jun-09 00:57:42

Congratulations Diege Family! grin Such lovely news! And well done for finding us Mr Diege - congrats on your lovely little boy! Can't wait to see pics!

PS: wow, what a good size! grin

lastboxoftampons Sun 14-Jun-09 00:58:44

Births:
Kay - 12th December - 6:49pm - Dylan George - 10lbs 5ozs
Teuch- - - boy
Pop - 23rd December - twin boys, Hugo & Henry
Nat - 27th December - 8:36pm - Mikey Bradley - 6lb 10.5oz
Gin - 16th Jan- Girl - 7.25am- details tbc
Tink- 19th Jan - Girl - 1.51pm - Bracken Hope Willow - 8lbs 7oz
Astarte - 16th Feb - Girl - 8lb 12oz
Glask - 20th Feb - Girl - 7.47pm - Ruby Marie 4lb (8wks prem)
LardyBump - 21st Feb- Boy - 8lb 12oz
HappyNappies- 27th Feb- Boy - 12.01am 9lb13 Edward James Roy
Playing - 4th March - boy - 5 lb 12 oz - Edward Lewis Stainer
Starshinetiger - 15th March - girl - 7lb 1 oz - Charlotte Carys Rose
GYo - 22nd March 9.55am- girl - 10 lbs 12 oz -
Cosmo - 2nd April - girl - April Victoria - 8.51am - 6lb 9
Gruff - 15th April - boy - 8lb 2 oz - 6.02am Zachary John Graham
Ses - 9th May - boy - 8lb 9oz - 10.17am Owen Edward
MINM- .......

Weeks list:
Diege - 38 weeks, 2 left to go. Boy!!!!(21st June)
LBOT - 34 weeks, 6 left to go BOY! (24th July)
KookyKid - 26 weeks, 14 weeks to go (2nd Sept) BOY!
Idreamofbeanie - 24 weeks (due 27th Sept) GIRL!
Sparklytwinkletoes - 19 weeks (due 6th Oct)
BB - 18 weeks (EDD 30th oct)
Moosy - 14 weeks (EDD 6th Dec)
Claire236 - 5 weeks (EDD 7 Dec)

Girls = 8
Boys= 9 (3 more still insitu)
Surprise = 10
Unknowns (yet) = 3

Scan list:
STT - 20 week scan 21st May
BB - 20 week scan 11th june 09 (not finding out sex)
Moosy - 20 week scan 22nd July

MW apps list:
IDOB- 24 week apt 9th June
BB- 17th july MW, Antenatal clinic 15th june
LBOT - 36 week appointment, 25 June
Diege - 38 week appointment, 11th June.

Mat leave countdown:
Diege - Annual leave, proper mat leave starting 15th June.
LBOT - last day 17 July (I think!) 21 days to go
BB- AGES!!!
IDOB - 4th September, 13 weeks.

Babys Age
Kayz's Dylan - 26 weeks
Tinks Bracken - 20 weeks
Glaskham's Ruby - 16 weeks
Gyo's small giraffe - 10 weeks
Cosmo baby - 8 weeks
Ses's Owen - 3 weeks

SesHasFinallyBecomeAMum Sun 14-Jun-09 03:07:25

YAY!!!
Congratulations Diege and family
Thank you Mr Diege for the update!
Welcome Jacob!!

GYo Sun 14-Jun-09 03:27:23

Congratulations DIEGE and family. Wow, what a size! Hope you are all well. Mr diege pls pass Mrs Diege recovery brownies.

Idob, glad beanie is ok, hated it when dd used to do that to me, v worrying

Ses, are you also lurking on night shift?
You are welcome to vent here as much as you like that's why we are here. How are things tonight?

I'm sorry you are going thru this too. I think you are doing amazingly coping with everything and stickying to the BFing. . I found the weight stress, rows with Dh and health professsionals causing stress complete hell - sounds dramatic but it kind of ruined the first month of dd's life for me. <whispers> I actually contemplated moving out at one point, but I think that was partly the hormones getting to me. Sorry am rambling. Anywaymy point is that I understand how you are feeling. Would love to sort that 2nd mini meet up for when I am back to help give you more support. I remember so desperatley needing someone on my side.

blush for ramble

GYo Sun 14-Jun-09 03:40:29

apologies for the appalling spelling. Not got to grips with the phone for mning yet and have a dd on my left arm feeding.

We've had a lovely day today. Went to huge farmers, antiques and food market this morning. The went down to the beach where we had fish ad chips on sea front. Sea was so blue- it was lovely. Mananged to feed Dd on promenade, am amazed how many people think its ok to stare, its funny that I really don't care now the can stare all they like

GYo Sun 14-Jun-09 03:44:27

This house is giving me the creeps! Lots of odd noises coming from outside. Let's hope its the sheep in the field hmm

SesHasFinallyBecomeAMum Sun 14-Jun-09 03:45:18

Hello GYo, fellow night shift buddy!!!

Thanks for asking and understanding... Things ok. Was really tired when we got home from party and in the end I came to bed with DS at about 8.30pm. Woke up briefly at 10.20pm when DH came and checked on us before he went to bed. Feel better for it, even at 3.30am so won't feel bad about not having a proper mealor DS missing a feed. If DS was that bothered he'd have told me!

I know DH doesn't do or say things on purpose to upset me and so as soon as I tell him he then gets upset too! Seems like we can't win! He seems to think at the weekends he should pretty much leave me and DS to it whilst he carries on with gardening and DIY jobs. I think he's trying to make sure I can cope on my own so thinks he's helping!

Definitely should sort 2nd mini meet. I'm sure Gruff and Bumpy will be up for it too. Anyone else? Just have to work out a central place!

Right DS has had a good half hour sitting up feed. Time to lie back down I think! Catch you all tomorrow!

SesHasFinallyBecomeAMum Sun 14-Jun-09 03:49:03

GYo - your day sounds lovely. I love the sea and I love fish and chips!!
Well done on the feeding on the promenade. It's funny but I really don't care about BFing in public like I thought I would. I guess instincts for what our LOs need takes over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now