Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due November 2009: Second trimester thread!

(978 Posts)
turtle23 Wed 27-May-09 15:58:42

New thread for you as it was geting a bit big...

helips Wed 27-May-09 16:01:07

Woo hoo!

katster37 Wed 27-May-09 16:14:02

YAY!!!! Lovely new thread, well done Turtle. And I for one am blinking excited we are now well and truly in the second trimester grin

Am soooooo cold!! Am wondering when it is acceptable to eat dinner?!?! DH won't be back home 'til late and he won't expect me to wait (can't eat late at the min) so no-one will know. Oh, except for all of MN now!

Welcome back, helips!

ursigurke Wed 27-May-09 16:28:44

Katster - it is very healthy to eat dinner before 5pm, so just go ahead!
And then you can still have a snack a bit later or when your husband is having dinner.

Have ordered two IO dresses, the one that would be more appropriate for the wedding I have to go to and the one I actually prefer. I will try them and decide which one to keep. In the end, you can not really judge from a picture. I'm really looking forward to getting them.

Thandeka Wed 27-May-09 16:32:58

Sorry forgot I was still on this and need to take myself off it as had an MMC at 10 weeks. Very sorry to gloom up a new thread. However 39 days later I just got another BFP so its not all doom and gloom but I won't be putting myself on the Feb 2010 thread this time until probably Feb 2010!

Hope all you lovely ladies are flourishing and glowing etc.

Julietbat #2 EDD 28 Oct,
Pinkfizzle #1 EDD 28 Oct, SE London
Koumak #2 EDD 28 Oct (TBC), 12w scan 16 Apr, North London, UCHL
FattipuffsandThinnifers #2 EDD 31 Oct,
ursigurke #1 EDD 31 Oct, West London
Mrsladybug #? EDD 1 Nov,
Mangolassi #2 EDD 1 Nov,
Travelinglight #2 EDD 2 Nov, N London, UCLH
Lillee #? EDD 3 Nov,
Supercherry #2 EDD 4 Nov,
Chocotastic #2 EDD 4 Nov, SE London
Fruitpastels #2 EDD 4 Nov, SE London
Stokey #1 EDD 4 Nov, North London
Homeinthesun #2 EDD 4 Nov,
Gizboss #1 EDD 4 Nov
Lemontop #1 EDD 5 Nov,
Ronniemummy #2 EDD 5 Nov (to be confirmed!!)
Browntrout #2 EDD 6 Nov Manchester
tamlin #2 EDD 5 Nov,
Piper #1 & #2 EDD 6 Nov, Twins!
BonyM #? EDD 6Nov,
Leannabanana #3 EDD 6 Nov,
BlackLetterDay #3 EDD 6 Nov,
Trikken #2 EDD 6 Nov, SW Dorset
Tabbykat #2 EDD 7 Nov, Kent
Mrsdisorganised #5 EDD 7 Nov (to be confirmed!!)
Scarlotti #3 EDD 7 Nov,
WizzyWoo #2 EDD 8 Nov,
AileenF1 # EDD 8 Nov,
Barnowl #4 EDD 8 Nov,
Munchies37 #1 (Twins) EDD 8 Nov,
sleeplessinthecity #2 EDD 8 Nov, Switzerland
Buttercup EDD 9 Nov,
Catitainahatita #2 EDD 9 Nov,
Helips #2 EDD 9 Nov,
CakeForBreakfast #2 EDD 9 Nov,
Hobnob57 #2 EDD 9 Nov,
Tiddlypom #2 EDD 9 Nov
Cies #1 EDD 10 Nov, Vigo, NW Spain.
QueenNeurosis #? EDD 10 Nov,
PootleTheFlump #1 EDD 10 Nov, South West
eeyore2 #1 EDD11 Nov,
Grendle EDD 11 Nov,
lynniep #2 EDD 11 Nov, Cambridgeshire
CassORole #? EDD 11 Nov
Weston #2 EDD 12 Nov,
LadyGooGoo #3 EDD 13 Nov, North Wales
roomac #3 EDD 13 Nov, NW London
Tigger32 #3 EDD 14 Nov, East Midlands
MiniLlace #? 14 Nov,
Southernbelle77 #2 EDD 14 Nov, West Sussex
BeckyBendyLegs #3, EDD 14 Nov, Shorpshire
Barnowl #4 EDD 15 Nov, Hampshire
pinkmich1972 #3 EDD 15 Nov, kent
DeathbyDora #3 EDD 15 Nov, USA
alexdrake #2 EDD 15 Nov, Essex
Kyte #2 EDD 16 Nov, Hampshire Surrey border
LaraT #2 EDD 16 Nov,
EasyEggs #5, EDD17 Nov, Kent, (Sussex/Surrey border)
Brightonbaby #1 EDD 18 Nov Brighton&Hove
Dorisdaily #3 EDD 18 Nov
Pavlovthecat #2 EDD 18 Nov
belgianbun #2 EDD 20 Nov, S London
ldeeanna #1 EDD 20 Nov, Truro, Cornwall
Manfrom # 1 (twins) EDD 20 Nov
katster37 #1 EDD 21(or24) Nov, S London
Ninjacat no2 EDD 22 Nov, Bristol
Hamandegger #? EDD 23 Nov, West Sussex
Beepbeep #3 EDD 23 Nov
Turtle23 #2 EDD 22 Nov, London/Surrey border
Flumpity #2 (Twins) EDD 26 Nov,
Laugs #2 26 Nov, Newcastle
Grace09 #1 EDD 27 Nov, Glasgow
Pedalmonster #2 EDD 27 Nov, Surrey
Joycey29 #3 EDD 27 Nov,
Naetha #2 EDD 27 Nov,
FairyBex #1 EDD 28 Nov, Cumbria
raggie #1 EDD 28 Nov, North London
Skorpion #1 EDD 29 Nov, Oxfordshire
Claired21 #1 EDD 29 Nov, Glasgow

Laugs Wed 27-May-09 16:42:34

Sorry to hear of your MMC Thandeka, but big congrats on your BFP! Don't worry, your secret is safe with us. smile Good luck with it all and we'll see you on the other side when we're all wondering what to do with our newborns x

Now to a polite request for this shiny new thread. Please can we have no more talk of:
gorgeous Isabella Oliver clothing all wrapped up like a birthday present
flourishing sex lives
OR
Three - three! - pairs of new shoes
I am getting far too jealous. It's not fair, in this condition.

pavlovthecat Wed 27-May-09 16:50:45

marking.

and still throwing up. again sad since yesterday sad

Laugs Wed 27-May-09 16:50:50

By the way, is anyone else absolutely exhausted? I can't believe how tired I've felt the last few days. I was sitting on the underground yesterday thinking I could just lie down in the aisle and go to sleep right there. I am counting down the hours til DD goes to bed today, except that before that I need to give her a bath, make dinner, read stories.. oh, the effort!

I have definitely got pregnancy brain too! On the way back from the library DD was saying how she was scared of monsters and I told her that monsters aren't really real. Then the whole way home I was trying to remember if that is actually true or if it was something else - aliens or something - that aren't real. I'm still feeling a bit confused now! Monsters aren't real, are they? hmm grin My mind has turned to mush.

Laugs Wed 27-May-09 16:52:15

oh pavlov sorry to hear you're being sick again. Can you send DP to McDonalds quick-smart, before your 5.30 deadline?

pavlovthecat Wed 27-May-09 16:58:32

LOL! i don't even want mac'ds, must be bad eh? sad I don't want to eat anything right now, its just not fun anymore...

sleeplessinthecity Wed 27-May-09 17:04:28

I want an Isabella Oliver dress too...

pavlov poor you! sending you positive vibes from Geneva. Am really ill today too so know what you're dealing with

laugs depends on how you define monsters I guess. I suppose you should tell your dd they are not real..I think there are aliens out there but thats because I watched Star Trek and X files too many times.
Also am soooooooooooo tired too..now that I have my mother here for a while i seem to be more tired!

pavlovthecat Wed 27-May-09 17:06:15

aw! DH and DD been out to let me sleep, got back a while ago but I chose to leave them to it. I just gone into the kitchen and DD is there with her apron on, kitchen a mess, and she is wiping butter round a cake tin and said 'mummeeeeeee! we are making a cake. cake makes you better' and rubbed my tummy and then gave me an enormous hug [proud mummy emoticon], she made me feel rather tearful, she is so lovely! (even though i cannot face eating the carrot cake they are making!)

Tamlin Wed 27-May-09 17:11:16

I'm not looking forward to telling DS that while dinosaurs WERE real, they're now all dead. That'll be a cheery conversation... Speaking of DS, he was such a little horror this morning that I was plotting to leave him in the woods, sans breadcrumbs, but he's redeemed himself this afternoon by being completely adorable. It's funny how they manage that.

Seventeen weeks tomorrow, and still no anomaly scan date. When ought I ring the hospital for another lovely chat with the oh-so-friendly maternity folks? Gah.

pedalmonster Wed 27-May-09 17:35:10

Oh well done turtle that is very clever of you!
laugs that was funny, the list of contraban items. I had a nap this afternoon and dreamed of the 3 new pairs of shoes... how funny is that!

WOW second trimester - does that mean we are 1/3 of the way there?

ursigurke Wed 27-May-09 17:43:07

Laugs - I would like to add people without any fillings at the age of 30 something to your list

beepbeep Wed 27-May-09 17:51:09

I didn't have any filling until pregnant with DD, bloomin pregnancy, had another when pregnant with DS and what's the bet i'll have one during this pregnancy!

BeckyBendyLegs Wed 27-May-09 18:05:31

I agree on the fillings front - I have too many to count and after I had DS1 one tooth just crumbled, literally - it was terrifying. They do say one tooth lost for each baby.

But I do want to say: ha ha I have an IO dress and two tops ha ha (but I have no money left so there are drawbacks!).

I don't have a flourishing sex life though just too knackered, feeling too ugly and lumpy, just can't be bothered by the time everyone is in bed (sorry DH).

Pavlov poor you. You really are having a hard time of it with sickness.

pavlovthecat Wed 27-May-09 18:10:31

thanks for the sympathies all. I am doing everything I can to get fluids down at the very least as Dr said he will hospitalise me this time if I get dehydrated. He said if I am not keeping food or liquid down by end of week, to go see him shock. If I had a private room with sky and a real duvet I might not complain for a couple of days pure rest, but on a maternity ward with other sick people and with screaming babies? Not til I have to eh wink

DH made me a nice plain tea of atlantic salmon, boiled new potatoes, and green beans. I ate half, if it stays down I will go back for the rest later.

Tamlin Wed 27-May-09 18:40:49

pavlov, bless your DH, he sounds lovely. Have you tried fruit juice ice lollies (even frozen yoghurt if you're worried about calcium)..?

Have just found DS's name listed in two of the 'posh baby name' threads over in the naming forum. hmm Had better call this one Tarquin Tristram Rupert so he can keep up... grin

pavlovthecat Wed 27-May-09 18:48:53

Tamlin - DH flits between being a star, and being a bloody annoying selfish git! o I ave not tried the fruit lollies, mainly as sweet stuff is not doing it for me. But I should give it a go.

I am going to be ultra posh and call my girl, if its a girl Ptolemy! grin Do you know you are having a boy?

katster37 Wed 27-May-09 19:08:35

Laugs Yep, I am absolutely exhausted too, and also losing my marbles. Had a friend over this afternoon and was really cold so I said 'Oooo it's freezing. Shall I put the oven on?' Actually said this looking at the oven, thinking how that would help!

Pavlov, hope you've not seen the salmon again smile

Tamlin hmmm - maybe give them a ring just in case. My anomaly scan not until I'll be 21+4 - AGES away. Depends if you can face them!

Stop talking about lack of fillings!! That was me yesterday! sad

sleeplessinthecity Wed 27-May-09 19:11:51

pavlov hang in there..poor you! Have you tried fizzy cola bottles?

pedal will have to compare notes when the 3 pairs come back to see if they are the same as your dream..

I remember having a flourishing sex life!! Those were the days my energy levels have gone right down since having DD...think I just miss using my brain and making money..it always stimulated me. Sorry for the moan..

browntrout Wed 27-May-09 19:14:24

17 weeks tomorrow. Enjoying ice lollies but can't seem to find a drink I consistently like. Fizzy water and lime about the best but it gets a bit tedious. My next scan is 29 June which is ages off. Heard heartbeat on Monday during antenatal appointment and my 2.5 year old DD got to listen as well. She wasn't remotely interested but wondered why I was lying on the sofa while a strange woman messed with my tummy. Finally, happy to report a return of sex drive which is a relief to both DP and me....

BeckyBendyLegs Wed 27-May-09 19:17:10

Pavlov fruit gums? I wasn't anywhere on your league in the sickness stakes but they helped me. Or apparently just eating ice helps.

Tarquin? Ptolemy? I am speechless. I was going to go for something nice and solid like Colin or Sarah. But those sorts of names sound so old fashioned now! Grahame, Richard, Jane, Claire. How many little ones have those names these days? Could set a new trend... 70s name revival!

pavlovthecat Wed 27-May-09 19:35:02

becky - or kevin, martin, ian!

I am not really going to call my child Ptolemy, she would hate me as she grew older! grin

Salmon still down - but its not feeling happy so I am having to keep still. Tricky seeing as it is DDs bedtime and DH gone out to watch footy (guess that he had an ulterior motive when he bought me yummy food hmm). I am letting her watch scoobydoo before i get her ready, gives me another 20 mins or so!

I was given my anomoly scan date at the time i had my 12 week scan. I am due there on 26th Jun, when I will be i guess 20 weeks? (I can't do figures right now as my brain has stopped working. I can't link things. I have continous brain farts!). I am still waiting for my consultant appt though, which they will try to make at the same time but might make me do two trips on different days/or times [grr]. They said the consultant would write, but not when!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now