Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Officially blooming part 2

(808 Posts)
blue76 Thu 14-May-09 20:37:03

Thought I'd start a new thread as there were only 3 posts left!

blue76 Thu 14-May-09 20:39:56

Scan went really well...we found out what we're having too...grin

ladylush Thu 14-May-09 20:46:46

C'mon then...........tell us grin

LittleCheese Thu 14-May-09 20:48:30

you cant say that blue .....come on....

blue76 Thu 14-May-09 20:55:58

Hehe was checking people could get on the thread - didn't want to look like an idiot!

Was really chuffed as the sonographer let dd's come in to have a look.

Tis another pink one grin We're thrilled but too tired to get really excited! Ooh I love little girls' clothes...Pumpkin Patch here we come...saw loads of lovely stuff in there

blue76 Thu 14-May-09 20:59:06

Oh and she's got really longs legs grin

ladylush Thu 14-May-09 21:03:45

Congrats blue grin Ours has got long legs too. What's the femur length? We can compare grin

LizLemon Thu 14-May-09 21:20:05

oh I found you!

Great scan news, and sooo jealous you all know what you're getting - except for you ladylush: how are you not opening that envelope?! 6 more sleeps for us...

ladylush Thu 14-May-09 21:35:44

I'm a masochist wink

bigbang Thu 14-May-09 21:41:06

Lol ladylush. Congratulations blue!

Snowfalls108 Thu 14-May-09 22:02:35

Hello all, and congrats on all the good scans everyone!
We've got an NCT nearly new sale nearby this weekend - anyone been to one before? Tips of things to avoid?!
I went swimming today for the first time since becoming pregnant, was lovely. Felt very much like a galleon as I slowley ploughed up and down. After much discussion with dh I work my normal takini - figuring that my stomach for once is rock solid! Seemed to work ok.

FairySparkles Thu 14-May-09 22:02:49

Hiya - only popped in quickly to see how your scan went blue - so pleased for you having another pink one!!

Oh yeah - and I found a pic on my computer of my bump at almost full term with dd - ENORMOUS!!!! I feel big now - can't believe I'll get to that again!
I'll see if I can post it on my profile.....

FairySparkles Thu 14-May-09 22:21:24

Done!
also put a pic of the 12 week scan on there - the 20 week scan pics are rubbish cos it was so uncooperative!!

Snowfalls - we must have crossed posted: I've been to NCT sale before - only reccomendation would be to get there early cos they get pretty busy and most of the good stuff goes really quickly! Also, have in mind what your looking for or else you'll just end up wandering round in circles!

Will get dp to take current bump pic over the weekend!

bigbang Thu 14-May-09 22:36:34

Snowfalls where do you live? We have a nearly new sale this weekend too. Clapham branch? I can't go as I'm staying at my dads this weekend but they are good. I agree with FS, get there early! Have fun.

FS you completely forget how big you get don't you. I thought I was quite small at the end but I look back at pictures and I was MASSIVE.

ladylush Thu 14-May-09 22:49:25

Yep me too - thought I was quite compact. That's a joke

blue76 Fri 15-May-09 07:06:11

Gutted - we don't have sales like that near me...

Ladylush - femur length 33mm and head circ 119mm - that's at 22+4

I was smaller with dd2 and I'm smaller again with this one! Maybe has something to do with lifestyle - work and running around after dd's

mummyhill Fri 15-May-09 07:55:20

Feeling jealous of your 34 week scan Ladylush no mention has been made of further scans for me even with hypothyroid.

ladylush Fri 15-May-09 08:02:43

Blue - at 21+5 the femur length was 39.3 (top of scale)and the head circ 193.2 (just over half way on the scale). I can't remember what ds was at this stage -though he was just under 2ft at birth. Were your other dc similar sizes at this stage? I seem to recall that ds had a growth spurt and by the time we had a scan at 32 weeks there was a big jump on the scale. Can't see how that will happen this time - it would have to be off the scale shock

StealthPolarBear Fri 15-May-09 08:08:26

Hi everyone
congratulations on a girl blue

ladylush Fri 15-May-09 08:10:11

mummyhill - that's bad. I didn't ask - the sonographers just booked me in saying they scan hypothyroid women at 34 weeks. Are you under an endo? If not, you could ask your G.P to liaise with the antenatal dept.

I saw the endo recently. My TSH is low (0.03). He wants me to go down to 150mcg in two weeks, then I'll see him again 5 weeks later. I was pleased because I've been taking the thyroxine mostly at night and thought it wouldn't be as effective. Used to take it first thing but these days I'm too tired to get up an hour before breakfast.

ladylush Fri 15-May-09 08:15:16

Blue - am envious of your girly baby clothes shopping grin Although I don't know what this lo is, I strongly suspect it's a boy. I keep glancing at girly clothes, then walking over to the boy stuff. I'm not so much into pink stuff but I love polka dots and candy stripes and little red or yellow dresses <starts to daydream>

Dh went for a drink last night. One of his mates is expecting a baby the month after ours. V pleased for them because they separated for a long time and got back together last year. Maybe they will have a little girl, then I can indulge my polka dot obsession grin

Neddie Fri 15-May-09 08:18:15

Hi all
Can anyone enlighten me to the stats thread please I can't remember who's having what and when. Will have time to upload pics of everything this afternoon as I have Friday off.
I can't remember if I told you I had a new baby friendly car (2 door Landrover no good for baby seats)it's a Mitsubishi Spacewagon and is all clean and lovely- I think it will be able to accomodate all the brood.
I am fed up of being fat roll on 16 weeks.
Glad all is well regarding scans -how many of us actually are there in total?

LizLemon Fri 15-May-09 09:21:02

I'm off to an NCT NNS this weekend too, in Dulwich. Have told DH there will be cakes to get him ut of bed early enough.

I keep thinking it's a girl, so it's bound to be a boy...I know I'm not meant to have a preference (and when it gets here I won't give a monkeys) but atm I do fancy a girl - I just want to sew really cute dresses, that's my problem.

Realised today that I still feel fat rather than physically pregnant iykwim, despite the regular kickings. (DH felt orson move last night and was made up ) Forget to do tpt all the time, but my hairdresser said she couldn't tell I was pregnant, so she must have just thought I'd put on lots of weight hmm

stats thread don't know how many of us there are - this list is huge but there are few we haven't heard from in a while.

BabyLady Fri 15-May-09 09:52:38

Congrats blue on your pink one. Totally agree with you Lizlemon I sort of don't have a preference but then I look at all the little girls clothes and they are soooo cute. Not at all practical most of them I am sure!

I am getting quite alamrmed at the amount of weight I am putting on. The scales just keep on jumping up and up. I think I am at 6.5kgs up now, with another 15 weeks to go I hate to think where I am going to end up hmm. For those second timers how quickly did you you lose the weight from number one?

JRocks Fri 15-May-09 11:37:32

I just wandered over to the stats thread to find I had been deleted off it shock grin
Am back on it now.

Just checking in to keep this thread on my I'm on page

Hope everyone is well today... I'm battling with an OU assignment, and trying not to listen to the little voice saying 'give up and lie down, you know you want to!' smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now