Talk

Advanced search

Due in June....scream if you wanna go faster!!!!

(561 Posts)
lynny70 Tue 26-Apr-05 11:00:53

Message deleted

MrsWednesday Tue 26-Apr-05 11:12:04

Good one Lynny. Have to say, I've never started a new thread, ever. I wouldn't know how to do it.

Off to read the last few messages on the old one, then I'll be back...

lynny70 Tue 26-Apr-05 11:17:17

Message deleted

KVG Tue 26-Apr-05 11:25:16

Message withdrawn

lynny70 Tue 26-Apr-05 11:31:33

Message deleted

MrsWednesday Tue 26-Apr-05 11:49:52

Just had a bit of a catch-up. Trib's message about trading hard core drugs for DVD watching time was very funny.

Tea, sorry your DS has already fallen out with his little sister. Bless him! My DS is starting to get used to the idea of a baby - the other day he said to my bump 'come out baby...I've got a motorbike' and held said motorbike up to my tummy for baby to have a look.

Lua, how's your DD coping with the idea of another baby?

Ooh, these countdowns to finishing work (and actual due dates) are very exciting. We've come a long way...nearly there now!

Another stunning-looking day for me here - DS has hidden my make-up somewhere (only a mascara and eyeliner, I'm not very good with proper girly stuff) so I'm looking more tired than I feel, and my scabby lip is spreading half way across my face...Lovely eh?

teabelly Tue 26-Apr-05 11:56:30

Great title Lynny!

Mrs W, awww bless your ds - mine thinks he can see the baby by peering into my belly button, and often tells me she's smiling at him...although probably not today!!

KVG Tue 26-Apr-05 12:00:08

Message withdrawn

KVG Tue 26-Apr-05 12:01:58

Message withdrawn

lynny70 Tue 26-Apr-05 12:14:41

Message deleted

welshmum Tue 26-Apr-05 12:17:10

Morning all (waves)
Great title for the new thead Lynny!
Mrs Wed -I look a picture too - this morning woke up and my whole chin was covered in horrid flakes - what's that about? I have moisturiser in my bag - can't let standards slip for these last few days at work.
KVG - my maternity projects include getting my hair done, going to the cinema ALOT, possible some light shopping, etc etc. I like the sound of your book - we made a Baby's First Year book and I just love looking back through it.
On the naming front dd is quite clear, Isabella if it's a girl and still Shrek if it's a boy. I pointed out that the baby might have to be green to deserve the name Shrek - she, of course, replied that it would be green. Oh joy I'm carrying a green baby.....

KVG Tue 26-Apr-05 12:18:04

Message withdrawn

KVG Tue 26-Apr-05 12:21:04

Message withdrawn

welshmum Tue 26-Apr-05 12:27:04

I'm not very fussy on the film front - will watch anything and everything. Just like being in the dark with nothing to do save eat ice cream while someone entertains me

lynny70 Tue 26-Apr-05 12:37:39

Message deleted

lynny70 Tue 26-Apr-05 12:39:06

Message deleted

tribpot Tue 26-Apr-05 12:39:07

A friend of mine told me to go and see lots of films cos you never get the chance to go again (or words to that effect) but I am afraid to report that most of the time there's nothing on I want to see. We are going to see The Interpreter on Thursday and then there's Hitchiker's Guide as well, but mostly the films have been total pants of late in my view.

Lua, thanks for the tips on biodegradable nappies, we don't have a garden at all, although our council does provide compost bins (naturally in our building we are the only people who do any composting at all, just as we are the only people who do any recycling). Dunno what they would make of a bunch of nappies in the compost bin, my guess is they would not be pleased!

I haven't kept my tests but I did take some photos of them (I did three) so I can put them in a baby book with the scan piccies. What a funny feeling that day was - it seems like a lifetime ago, which is it almost is in a way!

lynny70 Tue 26-Apr-05 12:44:00

Message deleted

KVG Tue 26-Apr-05 13:01:43

Message withdrawn

mrsflowerpot Tue 26-Apr-05 13:07:38

Ooh, a new thread -I think we definitely have more threads on our ante-natal club than any other month.

I have officially lost it, just started to cry in the supermarket for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Wasn't even having stupid sad thoughts, just waiting at the checkout looking at my avocados and then crying. Honestly, think I just need a good slap.

My dh is now another one waiting on a job offer, it's all a bit out of the blue really but as long as it's all confirmed then it's too good to pass up. If we do it it will mean a move about 100 miles away, which would have to happen by August, so somewhere in the next 3 months we have to sell our house, find a new school for ds for September, find a new house, move, oh and have a baby. We are masters of poor timing, dh and I, we really are. Actually maybe that is why I cried in Morrisons.

MIL is having ds this weekend and dh and I are sloping off to have a last weekend of freedom, counting down the days now, although will not be able to drink in v fancy hotel restaurant or use v fancy spa facilities.

I'm still wrestling with my conscience over real/disposable nappies. I think I will probably start off with disposables, and if I can find a washing service then I will swap. None of the collection services come as far out of Bristol as we live, but if we move maybe I'll find one.

teabelly Tue 26-Apr-05 13:10:09

Ooh yes KVG - very exciting to see the line - and then you have that oh shit I'm gonna have a baby feeling!

Love the idea of your book...we had the kind of baby's 1st year book where you fill in the milestones...1st smile, laugh, crawl...but your idea is much more personal, I may have to steal it!

Welshie, so is that a Freudian slip there?? '...Oh joy I'm carrying a green baby...'

mrsflowerpot Tue 26-Apr-05 13:10:13

I love getting that blue line - it might even persuade me to have another one after this one just for that feeling . The first time, dh and I were in the loo together as he wanted to be there and it was sooo exciting. The second time, it was still exciting for me, but I picked a Sunday morning while dh was still sleeping to do it and he was just really peed off that I'd woken him. I had to let him sleep another hour and have a cup of coffee before he would join in the excitement.

teabelly Tue 26-Apr-05 13:12:26

Mrs F! so not too much to fit into 3 months then!!! Enjoy your break - sounds like you're going to need it

KVG Tue 26-Apr-05 13:23:59

Message withdrawn

welshmum Tue 26-Apr-05 13:26:11

Good grief Mrs W no wonder you're crying at the supermarket with that on your plate....make my idle day dreams seem possibly achieveable (go to NZ for a few months)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now