Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2009 - Does My Bump Look Big In This????

(996 Posts)
kitkatqueen Tue 14-Apr-09 11:25:41

Hello everybody Here is the shiny new thread, hope you found it ok!!

kitkatqueen Tue 14-Apr-09 11:29:04

Anyone not on this list?????

Feel free to add yourselves smile

Clairedaz EDD ??? (((GIRL!)))
Clare1234 EDD ????
Flibertywidget EDD ??? (dd 21mnths)
Skydancer EDD 27th July
2HotCrossBunsAnd1InTheOven EDD 28th July (DS 3.7 DS 1.9) (((GIRL!))))
pussface EDD 29th July (DSS 14, DD 6mo)
Uki EDD 29th July (DS3,DS1) ((((GIRL))))
Nandos EDD 30th July (((BOY!)))
Hope88 EDD 1st Aug (First and it's a BOY!)
BumpVLump EDD 1st Aug (first) (((GIRL!)))
Cheekymonkey EDD 1st Aug (DS)
traceybath EDD 1st Aug (DS4, DS14m) (((GIRL!)))
Specialoffer EDD 2nd Aug (DS16m)
nellyup EDD 2nd aug (DD3, DS4)
trixymalixy EDD 2nd Aug (DS 2) (((SURPRISE!)))
faerieprincess EDD 3rd Aug (DS20m)
gemdangracie EDD 3rd Aug (DD2)
itsamiracle EDD 3rd Aug (DS2)
babylanguagelearner EDD 3rd Aug (DS 12m)
Rachel1963 EDD 3rd Aug (DS 3.1) (((SURPRISE!)))
Oonaghbhuna EDD 3rd August (DD1 3.6,DD2,2) ((((BOY!))))
Mellin EDD 3rd August (DD 2.4)
LeninGrad EDD 4th Aug (DS 2.9) (((SURPRISE!)))
Cairns EDD 4th Aug (DS 18m) (((SURPRISE!)))
moosecat1 EDD 4th Aug
Zorra EDD 4th Aug
TaleofTwoCities EDD 6th Aug (DS4,DD2.1) (((BOY!)))
nuttygirl EDD 6th Aug (((SURPRISE!)))
noodle12 EDD 6th Aug (DD 2.5)
PPorgy EDD 6th Aug
Scummymummy EDD 6th Aug
fairylights EDD 7th Aug (DS2) (((SURPRISE!)))
Mayl EDD 7th Aug (DD DS)
lifesaboxochoccies EDD 7th Aug (ds 2.10)
Haribosmummy EDD 7th Aug
cakesandchocolate EDD 8th Aug
MammaDani EDD 8th Aug
Hunnybunnyaug09 EDD 8th Aug (first)
BabyBump2B EDD 9th Aug
sweetiewrapper EDD 10th Aug
LittleFairySmile EDD 11th Aug (DS age 2) (((SURPRISE!)))
Lyra75 EDD 11th Aug (DS 16 months)
monkeyfeathers EDD 11th August (DS 8)
mamamila EDD 12th Aug ((GIRL))(DD 1.9. DS 16.9)
hencath EDD 12th Aug (first)
fairygirl3 EDD 12th Aug (DS, DS, DD)a
Hawkmoth EDD 12th Aug (DD3) (((BOY!)))
hippyme EDD 12th Aug
Kanuck EDD 12th Aug
Rozebud EDD 12th Aug
longtalljosie EDD 12th Aug ((GIRL!))
Fruitymum EDD 13th Aug DD1 3yrs old
Cazinski EDD 13th Aug
suwoodolf EDD 13th Aug (DD 7, DS 2)
Heinzsight EDD 13th Aug (DS1 12, DS2 9, DD 15 months) (((((((SURPRISE)))))))
Boogiewoo EDD 13th Aug
babycat EDD 14th Aug (DD)
Picante EDD 15th Aug (DD 2.7)
loopylou25 EDD 15th Aug (DD1 5 DD2 1)
thatsnotmypirate EDD 16th Aug (DS 19 months)
chocolatine EDD 17th Aug
InspectorGadget EDD 17th Aug
duchesse Edd 17th Aug (but I think 9th) DS 15, DD 13, DD 11
KitKatqueen EDD 18th Aug (3 DC) (((((BOY!!))))
Valz EDD 18th Aug
ThePippy EDD 19th Aug
WeAreStardust EDD 19th Aug
Beetlesbugsandbutterflies EDD 19TH Aug(DS3)
Beccylt EDD 20th Aug (1 DC)
motherof2boys EDD 20th Aug (ds1 6 ds2 5 )
MichaelaS EDD 20 Aug
chrysanthemum EDD 20th Aug
quixotic EDD 20th Aug
Cwtchy EDD 21st Aug (DD 15 mos)
thoughtforms EDD 22nd Aug
Sushipaws EDD 22nd Aug (DD 21mo)
May67 EDD 24th Aug
Sarah76 EDD 25th Aug
rightbobbydazzler EDD 25th Aug DS3 DS6mths
VJay EDD 26th Aug (DS 6)
becksydee EDD 26th Aug
fustilarian EDD 27th Aug (DD 14mnths)
lea1980 EDD 27th aug (DS 19 months)(((GIRL)))
olivo EDD 27th Aug (DD 2.6)
readyfornumber2and3 EDD 30th Aug (DS)
ameNbump EDD 31st Aug

kitkatqueen Tue 14-Apr-09 11:38:30

Link to our old thread in case you need it!!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/701065-Due-August-39-09-part-2-39-Bring-on-the

Hawkmoth Tue 14-Apr-09 11:56:49

Back in time for the new thread. Got a free week off work since I normally work Mon Weds Fri

Hope everyone's feeling rested. DP is starting to suffer from my nighttime antics... nothing exciting, just toilet trips, duvet-stealing and elbowing him for grinding his teeth. He's got two interviews on the 22nd so fingers crossed he'll be sorted before his notice period runs out.

Baby very active, but feels very low down to me. I'm not sure whether to worry or not, but may head to the drop in clinic around 24 weeks as I'm also having daily headaches and dizziness. My BP started spiking at 23 weeks last time so that's something else to add to the rational/irrational worries list grin

But when I'm not worrying I feel very focussed. I'm thinking about working as late as possible because I'm so full of good ideas and (mental) energy and it's a very important year for us, plus there'll be a new manager there, who I'm hoping will be part time so I can grab some of the responsibility and money!

Anyone tried a Refresher Bar lately? They've never tasted as good!

craftynclothy Tue 14-Apr-09 12:05:35

Hello! Back from our Easter break. We visited my family in the Lake District. Took Erin to the Zoo on Saturday, had a party for her on Sunday and spent the rest of the time visiting various family members, etc. Yesterday we were up fairly early and took her to the lake for a walk and she got scared feeding the ducks cos they were getting a bit close grin. Took us a while to get home - got most of the way then she woke up and decided she needed a wee. Came off at the next services and she was saying "Oh dear, pooed my pants" hmm. She hadn't and didn't need the loo despite us being there an hour and getting food/drink etc. Got some more of the garden sorted once we were back and tidied the shed so I can actually get in it blush.

Baby kicking lots now, particularly when I'm trying to sleep.

Michaela - hope you get good news and that the progesterone works for you.

Hope those of you with car seat 'issues' get them sorted. Dh keeps saying if we had the money we'd get a bigger car and I just hmm cos we don't have the money and I don't think I'd be able to drive a big car. I like my Fiesta grin

Am <eye rolling> at MIL. She "doesn't understand why I don't want to visit them"...for her birthday party...5 hours away...when I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant...and dh doesn't have enough holiday left at work. (should prob point out that she had 2 preemies but still insists that I won't go into labour before her party). Luckily FIL has a bit more common sense, helped by dh pointing out the WHO class term as 37-42 weeks, and has said they'll come up here instead.

craftynclothy Tue 14-Apr-09 12:10:05

Hawkmoth - sorry x-posted. This baby was v low down and it felt a lot different to dd so I was worried. Seemed it was just comfy there though and has come up a bit now. Hope everything's ok when you get you bp checked out.

HellHathNoFury Tue 14-Apr-09 13:50:00

MichaelaS - I am in West Ealing, also near the pool

MichaelaS Tue 14-Apr-09 14:20:44

Hi fury - oooh exciting, dh lived just opposite in Pelham Place. a lot of his friends are still over that way so we visit every other month or so.

whereabouts is everyone else by the way, do we have a good north/south spread? anyone outside the UK? if anyone is close enough we could have an august babies meetup once we have our bumps on the outside and settled enough for us to feel able to leave the house occasionally.

HellHathNoFury Tue 14-Apr-09 14:34:15

Blimey I am good to meet up with anyone anyway, I have a 2 year old DS.
Currently stuck at home as he has the pox!

TaleofTwoCities Tue 14-Apr-09 15:00:55

Hi all, my bump doesn't look big in 'this' today - 'this' being a white shapeless shirt! Hope everyone's well - nice to hear the easter news. We went west to the seaside and the inlaws and found some sunshine, lovely.. ds threw tantrums when we tried to stop excessive choc consumption.

I think my ribcage has done something and expanded overnight as am in agony with bra. I'm at work and can't really undo the back!!! Have ordered bra extenders, hope they arrive soon.

Internet connection is 'intermittent' at home so may not be around very much. It is 'ntl hell' or now I suppose it's 'virgin media hell'

Hawkmoth Tue 14-Apr-09 15:40:02

I'm in North Manchester and would be happy to meet up sometime.

TOTC, I just look fat and scruffy in maternity jeans a size too big and a football hoody. I have to wear tight vests if I want people to think I'm pregnant!

ScummyMummy Tue 14-Apr-09 16:59:00

Can't believe we're on thread number 3 already.

BabyBump2B Tue 14-Apr-09 17:41:09

Hi Everyone! Very excited I found you all!

Michaela - Just wanted to add some support as well. Fingers crossed for you.

I've added some pics from the 3D scan of our little GIRL to my profile! Still can't believe it - I was so convinced she was a boy! Updated the below list as well!

Clairedaz EDD ??? (((GIRL!)))
Clare1234 EDD ????
Flibertywidget EDD ??? (dd 21mnths)
Skydancer EDD 27th July
2HotCrossBunsAnd1InTheOven EDD 28th July (DS 3.7 DS 1.9) (((GIRL!))))
pussface EDD 29th July (DSS 14, DD 6mo)
Uki EDD 29th July (DS3,DS1) ((((GIRL))))
Nandos EDD 30th July (((BOY!)))
Hope88 EDD 1st Aug (First and it's a BOY!)
BumpVLump EDD 1st Aug (first) (((GIRL!)))
Cheekymonkey EDD 1st Aug (DS)
traceybath EDD 1st Aug (DS4, DS14m) (((GIRL!)))
Specialoffer EDD 2nd Aug (DS16m)
nellyup EDD 2nd aug (DD3, DS4)
trixymalixy EDD 2nd Aug (DS 2) (((SURPRISE!)))
faerieprincess EDD 3rd Aug (DS20m)
gemdangracie EDD 3rd Aug (DD2)
itsamiracle EDD 3rd Aug (DS2)
babylanguagelearner EDD 3rd Aug (DS 12m)
Rachel1963 EDD 3rd Aug (DS 3.1) (((SURPRISE!)))
Oonaghbhuna EDD 3rd August (DD1 3.6,DD2,2) ((((BOY!))))
Mellin EDD 3rd August (DD 2.4)
LeninGrad EDD 4th Aug (DS 2.9) (((SURPRISE!)))
Cairns EDD 4th Aug (DS 18m) (((SURPRISE!)))
moosecat1 EDD 4th Aug
Zorra EDD 4th Aug
TaleofTwoCities EDD 6th Aug (DS4,DD2.1) (((BOY!)))
nuttygirl EDD 6th Aug (((SURPRISE!)))
noodle12 EDD 6th Aug (DD 2.5)
PPorgy EDD 6th Aug
Scummymummy EDD 6th Aug
fairylights EDD 7th Aug (DS2) (((SURPRISE!)))
Mayl EDD 7th Aug (DD DS)
lifesaboxochoccies EDD 7th Aug (ds 2.10)
Haribosmummy EDD 7th Aug
cakesandchocolate EDD 8th Aug
MammaDani EDD 8th Aug
Hunnybunnyaug09 EDD 8th Aug (first)
BabyBump2B EDD 9th Aug ((((GIRL))))
sweetiewrapper EDD 10th Aug
LittleFairySmile EDD 11th Aug (DS age 2) (((SURPRISE!)))
Lyra75 EDD 11th Aug (DS 16 months)
monkeyfeathers EDD 11th August (DS 8)
mamamila EDD 12th Aug ((GIRL))(DD 1.9. DS 16.9)
hencath EDD 12th Aug (first)
fairygirl3 EDD 12th Aug (DS, DS, DD)a
Hawkmoth EDD 12th Aug (DD3) (((BOY!)))
hippyme EDD 12th Aug
Kanuck EDD 12th Aug
Rozebud EDD 12th Aug
longtalljosie EDD 12th Aug ((GIRL!))
Fruitymum EDD 13th Aug DD1 3yrs old
Cazinski EDD 13th Aug
suwoodolf EDD 13th Aug (DD 7, DS 2)
Heinzsight EDD 13th Aug (DS1 12, DS2 9, DD 15 months) (((((((SURPRISE)))))))
Boogiewoo EDD 13th Aug
babycat EDD 14th Aug (DD)
Picante EDD 15th Aug (DD 2.7)
loopylou25 EDD 15th Aug (DD1 5 DD2 1)
thatsnotmypirate EDD 16th Aug (DS 19 months)
chocolatine EDD 17th Aug
InspectorGadget EDD 17th Aug
duchesse Edd 17th Aug (but I think 9th) DS 15, DD 13, DD 11
KitKatqueen EDD 18th Aug (3 DC) (((((BOY!!))))
Valz EDD 18th Aug
ThePippy EDD 19th Aug
WeAreStardust EDD 19th Aug
Beetlesbugsandbutterflies EDD 19TH Aug(DS3)
Beccylt EDD 20th Aug (1 DC)
motherof2boys EDD 20th Aug (ds1 6 ds2 5 )
MichaelaS EDD 20 Aug
chrysanthemum EDD 20th Aug
quixotic EDD 20th Aug
Cwtchy EDD 21st Aug (DD 15 mos)
thoughtforms EDD 22nd Aug
Sushipaws EDD 22nd Aug (DD 21mo)
May67 EDD 24th Aug
Sarah76 EDD 25th Aug
rightbobbydazzler EDD 25th Aug DS3 DS6mths
VJay EDD 26th Aug (DS 6)
becksydee EDD 26th Aug
fustilarian EDD 27th Aug (DD 14mnths)
lea1980 EDD 27th aug (DS 19 months)(((GIRL)))
olivo EDD 27th Aug (DD 2.6)
readyfornumber2and3 EDD 30th Aug (DS)
ameNbump EDD 31st Aug

craftynclothy Tue 14-Apr-09 17:57:07

Aww lovely pics BB2B. Congrats on the girl. smile

OonaghBhuna Tue 14-Apr-09 18:08:24

Hello everyone, Im in N.Ireland so ages away from everyone no doubt.
My bump feels lower down than the other two, really noticed it swimming today whereas with the other two I could swim quite easily right up to 38 weeks! Cant believe it is uncomfortable already and havent even reached the third trimester yet!
We have a car dilemma aswell, we need a bigger car to fit the three seats. I will have to get rid of my little run around and DH will keep his car.We dont have the spare cash to buy another car.....

fruitymum Tue 14-Apr-09 20:39:35

hi all
hope everyone had a good easter break.
what's everyone wearing? I am running out of my normal clothes and matty stuff is a bit big for my lower half. Managed to get some nice tops from H&M....Babe lying low and very active at night..having very strange dreams - anyone else experiencing this?

LittleFairySmile Tue 14-Apr-09 20:53:53

Hi all. I’m mid-East Anglia (on border) and like the anonymity of MN. I can ask daft questions and make silly comments without worrying about RL repercussions, so prob. wouldn’t come to a meet-up. Sorry.

Can’t believe we’re on the third thread already!!

My bump doesn’t really look big in these; mat. denim skirt, mat. T-shirt and normal baggy jumper but I think I have a big bump, tho’ dentist other day said ‘you don’t look pregnant’! Hey-ho.

craftynclothy Tue 14-Apr-09 22:44:46

Hi all,

Maternity stuff - been in it for weeks...currently in a pair of Next jeans but have had to nick one of dh's belts to hold them up blush. Have some items with adjustable waistbands which seem to fit best.

Just been to a childbirth group thingy which was talking about waterbirths. One of the ladies that runs it hires out pools and had one there, saw it get set up (no water) etc. My IM also runs the groups and got me to get in it...and then dd decided she wanted in too, then shouted "daddy in, daddy in" then took her socks off, pulled her top up and tried to pull her pants down shockgrin

I'm in West Yorkshire btw.

kitkatqueen Tue 14-Apr-09 22:55:36

Its funny because I've had several people do the whole "gosh I didn't know you were pregnant" followed by "gasp 4 you're insane!!" and several other people say "blimey you are HUGE" I'm definatley in maternity now and i've put on about 1/2 a stone but according to dp you can tell from behind me hmm

Height of fundus is about an inch above my belly button if that helps and I'm now 22 weeks.

Hawkmoth, I had problems with my bp with dc1 and it wasn't spotted until my due date when I was rushed in as borderline pre-eclampsia.

When I became pregs with dc2 I bought a v accurate bp monitor and the fact that I could check made me feel a lot more secure. I could ring delivery suite and say "my bp is 150 over 95 can i come in now please??" rather than worrying whether to ring or not because I felt ill IYSWIM. I know its not the answer for everyone some people have said it would worry them more, but it did help me. Hopefully it just won't happen to you this time, sometimes it doesn't. ( hopefully it won't happen to me this time either!! grin

duchesse Tue 14-Apr-09 23:30:06

Hi all. New thread, shiiiny...

Am just in the process of capitulating to the maternity wear. Went and bought a number of White Stuff tops today that are longer and cover the gap twixt the top of my not really done up any more trousers and my upper half. What I would really love to find is a really comfy pair of trousers that doesn't look like tracky bottoms. I have a pair of combats from Dorothy Perkins, but am beginning to wish I'd got a size below as they slip down a lot. Unlike H&M where I discovered to my horror shortly before walking out that I'd have to go up two sizes even in their maternity wear just to get something that fitted. Was not prepared to do that even in pregnancy.

With my new tops I would be totally sorted if I could just find comfy trousers that don't look comfy iyswim.

duchesse Tue 14-Apr-09 23:32:56

Kitkat- I have been out-gasping people and telling them we're mad, but yes, there really will be a 12 year gap between numbers 3 and 4, they've been lovely about it. Maybe because they mostly all know about the trouble we've had even getting far, and most know about the miscarriage 2 years ago, so it wasn't a complete surprise. Nobody has said we're mad to go for 4, but then again maybe that's because batch 1 are all pretty independent now?

kitkatqueen Wed 15-Apr-09 00:10:39

duchesse, Mine will be 4 kids aged 5 and under and I think thats causing the sharp intake of breath amongst the mums who have 1 and will never go back for more iyswim.

Can't really call mine independant LOL, maybe a bigger gap would have been an advantage in some ways, but I have to admit I seem to thrive on marginal chaosgrin

Glad everyones being lovely to you tho smile

Haribosmummy Wed 15-Apr-09 08:30:10

Hi,

Just checking in - just wrote a post on the old thread blush before realising there was a new thread!!!!

duchesse - I can empathise with the kids. This bump is No. 4 for us, so we'll have a 14YO (almost 15YO), an 11YO, a 1YO (he'll be 13months when the new baby arrives!) and the baby!!! grin Oh, and we have a chocolate labrador too... it's a mad house here half the time!! (the elder two are my DSDs so only here 50% of the time)

Kitkat - 4 kids under 5 is impressive. My SIL is having her 3rd in May and she'll have 3 under 4 and I think she's mad!!! (in a nice way! grin)

I'm always up for a meet up - I'm in Herts, about 20 minutes north of London.

HM

duchesse Wed 15-Apr-09 08:34:39

kitkat- It'll be jolly hard work, the 4 under 5 for a few years, and then become lovely. My first three were in 4 years, and we couldn't bring ourselves to go for a 4th back then even though we wanted to- we were just pooped! Other people seemed to manage it though, so I guess it depends on the actual parents and children concerned, and how well they all interact with each other. We had quite a few sibling rivalry problems between numbers 1 and 2, which ground us down somewhat. Also child 1 was a handful... If it's any consolation, good friends of ours have 5 under 3s (yup!) and they are still pretty much normal.

Haribosmummy Wed 15-Apr-09 08:41:33

5 under 3's <<<<Jaw hits floor>>>>?????????????????????

Do you know Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie??? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now