goooogooooo

jessicasmummy Tue 19-Apr-05 08:53:45

IM BACK!

bet no-one missed me tho....

SusiS Tue 19-Apr-05 09:07:59

welcome back!! where have you been???
and just read the #2 thread - someone actually asked for you

triceratops Tue 19-Apr-05 09:55:03

I swear I can feel bubs kick. (must be all in the mind)

Welcome back jm

Yes I am a little distracted at the moment too. (loopy)

jolovett Tue 19-Apr-05 10:00:27

Hey guys - found the new thread - thank goodness, the old one was huge!

I went to aquanatal last night and really enjoyed it - if anyone has the opportunity to go I would recommend it. Did loads of good, safe exercises and some relaxation that was amazing - almost fell asleep!

To those of you talking about heartbeats - I bought a cheap doppler a few weeks ago on ebay - £21. I can hear the baby's heartbeat with this now and it's great as you can listen to it whenever you want. It's only a powerful microphone so it's completely safe to use and you can even plug it into a recorder/computer to record the sounds.

When I had my 12 week scan they put the heartbeat on for us for a while, I'm sure if you ask they'll do it for you. Sometimes in the antenatel clinic they listen to the heartbeat as well so I'm sure you'll get the opportunity to hear it soon.

I need to get some smart maternity clothes - I film weddings on the weekend so can't exactly turn up in trackies! My full time workplace is pretty relaxed about what we wear so get away with anything there. Does anyone know the best place to get some smart clothes?

mishmash2 Tue 19-Apr-05 10:04:23

Morning all! I did a bit of a shop at Isabella Oliver - www.isabellaoliver.co.uk She has some nice smart clothes which I now wear to work and have the wrap dress planned for the 6 weddings I have this year!!!

I got the calcium chewies at boots - meant to take 3 a day and aren't too revolting!

That doppler sounds great - very reassuring when we have so long to wait inbetween scans - I might look into that now!!

Welcome back Jessicamummy - where have you been? Hope all is ok!

cori Tue 19-Apr-05 10:12:25

Triceatops ,
Probably not in the mind. I felt first movements at 13 weeks.

Shall we start a statistics thread? I cant keep with who is due when etc.

jessicasmummy Tue 19-Apr-05 10:18:32

im ok thanks guys - just been away on hols for a week so am back feeling nice and refreshed!!!

cori Tue 19-Apr-05 10:26:58

SOrry cant keep up.
Have started a stats thread \here {http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=2290&threadid=72393&stamp=050419102256}

cori Tue 19-Apr-05 10:28:52

Dam,
first attempt at links, didnt work
I am sure you know where it is.

SusiS Tue 19-Apr-05 13:23:31

great idea cori *thumbs up*

jolovett Tue 19-Apr-05 13:26:54

Don't think it's in your mind feeling kicks - I started feeling movement from 13 weeks too. Very small and far between, but definately there. Can't wait to feel it moving around properly! I'll probably regret saying that though later on when (s)he never stops kicking!

Thanks for that link for maternity clothes - there's some really nice stuff on there. I'm just really wary about mail order for maternity clothes as when I've tried things on in the shop, even though they're the same sizes, everything fits completely differently! It's a shame there aren't any high street shops selling nice clothes like that.

mishmash2 Tue 19-Apr-05 15:04:24

they do a free returns thing which is really useful and it is all in the jersey fabric so you can't really go wrong. I felt £5 for P&P and free returns was worth it instead of trapsing around the shops. Also, I ordered on Monday and it arrived on Wed! Very efficient. Luckily didn't have to send anything back. The whole office approved though - hipster skirt has been fab!

Elf1981 Tue 19-Apr-05 19:27:06

Hi all!

Going to be looking on ebay now for a doppler. Will have to make sure we're all not trying to ourbid each other!

Welcome back JM!!

Been talking to my boss today. Me and another girl in the office (there's only four people in total, so half the team will be on maternity at the same time!) have been talking about our jobs and what qualifies as "reasonable paid time off for antenatal visits". Hate words like reasonable, its never clear! Luckliy come to some agreements today which has meant I don't have to keep using holidays for my appointments with the midwife.

So excited about next Thursday and hearing the heartbeat. Will handcuff myself to the radiator until midwife lets me listen! We got warned that some midwives don't do it, but ours is lovely (from what I have met of her) so I'm sure she would.

A friend of mine at work said something about pregnancy being amazing and you can't describe it to anybody, it got me thinking that despite feeling like poop and being unable to eat foods I like, the best bit of pregnancy is the fact I know I am never alone. Can't wait to feel movement, is it from 16 weeks they say 1st timers should feel them?

Have a good evening all!

Elf xxxx

mawbroon Tue 19-Apr-05 20:53:26

Anyone had any cravings? I could almost swig vinegar out of the bottle sometimes! We have plenty food in the house, but the other morning, my breakfast of choice was half a jar of pickled beetroot. I have eaten so much pickled onion monster munch that it is starting to taste bland. I was a normal and unfussy eater pre pregnancy and am finding this a very strange experience! I can't believe that some researchers are dismissing cravings saying that they don't exist. Send them round here for a texbook case!!
I am still in my old clothes, but not for much longer. Have now put on around a kilo in total and my tummy is starting to swell, but it just looks fat rather than a bump. People will be wondering who ate all the pies - and smothered them in vinegar. ha ha ha, mustn't laugh at my own jokes.....

morningpaper Tue 19-Apr-05 20:57:07

mawbroon: I'm so glad I don't live with you!

Jessicasmummy: So good to see you back! I wondered where you had got to.

Elf1981 Wed 20-Apr-05 07:24:59

Picked onions / beetroot / onion rings. By the truck load.
The other day I wanted melted cheese on toast with beetroot. I was disgusted at the thought, but knew I'd eat it. Same with onion rings. I'll eat them, but to be honest I've never liked them before.
Oh and Salt and Vinegar Disco crips. I pratically lived on them during the morning sickness period.
Also, for some reason, I have a craving for different cereals every week. It's beginning to get expensive. Got rice crispies this week, yummy.

bonniej Wed 20-Apr-05 08:41:41

welcome back JM, isn't it nice to have a new thread and not have to wait ages for it to load. I wonder how many threads we'll get up to before we all give birth! I wore maternity jeans for the first time yesterday and they were so comfy I am def not putting normal ones back on. They are quite nice as are under bump so don't look too bad (at the moment anyway ) I haven't had any real cravings it's more that I've gone off certain foods that I used to like.
Jolovett, glad you enjoyed your aquanatal. I am ringing our local pool today to see if they do classes as I'd love to go as well. It sounds really relaxing.
Anyway off to get ready and start the day

SusiS Wed 20-Apr-05 09:15:16

morning! not feeling too bad actually

agreed, wearing mat. clothes is so much more comfy!! last time i refused wearing them until month 7! and then i regret that i didn't get them earlier

re cravings: nothing really. also month 2 i ate everything apple!!!! gone off it though. - but i do have to get a nice piece of meat at least once a week

to the ones with little ones already: how do you go to all these classes with your lo in tow?
i just thought it's not fair for bubs to miss out on all that.

bonniej Wed 20-Apr-05 09:37:09

I'm hoping I can get aquanatal in the evenings when dh will be home to look after dd. If I can't then I won't be able to go

triceratops Wed 20-Apr-05 09:52:21

have tried to do everything while ds is at pre school in the mornings, although this is when I am supposed to be working

I was woken in the night by a drip from the ceiling right over my bed (I think the valley gutter has cracked) and had to sleep curled around a bucket. Stupid roof, stupid rain. grrrr

I took some rubbish to the tip yesterday and grabbed a little tikes cosy coupe car off the top of the skip. It looks pretty brand new, I can't believe what some people thow away, they could have given it to a charity shop or a nursery. Anyway it is mine now ds thinks it was his birthday he wouldn't get out of it all afternoon and wanted to go out and ride around the garden at six o'clock this morning. I do love a bargin.

MMMmmm yes pickled beetroot.

jolovett Wed 20-Apr-05 13:29:05

I'm constantly craving chocolate and suguary stuff! I'm usually a healthy eater so it's making me feel very unhealthy!
I've read that your cravings are sometimes related to the gender of the baby - sweet stuff for a girl and savoury stuff for a boy. My three s-i-l's had cravings - two of them for savoury and they had boys, one of them for sweet and she had a girl! Wierd!
Is anyone starting to think about prams/pushchairs? We have a bit of money saved at the moment which we could get the pram we want with. Do you think it's too early to get it? We're building a house at the moment and all our money goes into that so to have a bit spare is a rare thing. My m-i-l keeps saying it's too early though!

Hope you all manage to get a doppler on ebay if you're all going for it at the same time - think I started a trend!

Hope you're all well.

Lexie100 Wed 20-Apr-05 16:12:20

Sorry been away and just too many messages to read through so just picked random ones. Looks like all ok.

We have decided to move house so have been running around house hunting and trying to get this house in a respectable state. At least all the sickness has now gone, althoug no cravings.

Also been offered a second hand cot for £50. I know it's really early to be getting stuff. What do you think? I know the parents and child is 2.5 years.

Lexie100 Wed 20-Apr-05 16:16:43

This may have come up already so sorry if i repeat. Anyone had low back ache and a runny nose???

Any reliable remedies?

jolovett Wed 20-Apr-05 16:33:54

I've had lower back ache, but I've been putting down to sitting in the office computer chair all day!

I've also had a runny nose for 3 weeks now - thought it was a cold coming but it hasn't seem to have broken. I had an email today telling me about runny noses - it says you can use decongestion sprays sparingly if your midwife allows you. It also says to try getting a bowl of steaming water and breathe in from it with a towel over your head. It says its a condition that some women get - the prg causes a mild allergy and can usually last the nine months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now