Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due May 2009 - Bring on the Creme Eggs, mooing and choo chooing

(970 Posts)
Jennster Mon 19-Jan-09 13:05:32

Thought I'd better start this soon.

Moonlit Mon 19-Jan-09 13:11:59

Thank you for the lovely new thread Jennster.

I feel honored that my choo chooing has made it into the thread title smile.

Are there any creme eggs/mini eggs to go around or have you lot eaten them all smile

alapala Mon 19-Jan-09 13:12:05

Hooray second on. Well Done Jennster, we were caught in a faff there.

Moonlit Mon 19-Jan-09 13:17:59

Sorry alapala I beat you to it blush

frazzledoldbag Mon 19-Jan-09 13:25:37

OOOh look at this......just popped in to confess to having eaten a whole pile of biscuits and other rubbish this morning (work avoidance) - spreadsheets, filing, and an upcoming very scary meeting with the bank manager have pushed me to raid the fridge and kitchen cupboards. So silly. Anyway I then found THIS SPARKLY, SPANGLY, BEAUTIFUL NEW THREAD! Oh you are so clever.

I seem to remember making up a batch of New Thread celebratory cocktails last time.......I think perhaps Champagne and Canapes this time for a change? To be served in my linen cupboard at 7pm if anyone's interested...

One question though, how exactly does one 'Choo Choo?' Only I want every last detail of my labour to be sorted in my mind before I start (!) - Mooing I can do, done it before and am sure when the time comes I'll be mooing away like a good'un with the rest of you but Choo-Chooing has me flummoxed. Anyone? Should I be channelling 'Thomas the Tank'?

FiKelly Mon 19-Jan-09 13:29:54

yay! new thread love the choo chooing... if i get a chance at a natural delivery rather than EmCS i'm now armed with the right noises... or maybe i'll just moan/groan like my best friend did? Who know wink

pulapula Mon 19-Jan-09 13:30:16

Thanks for the new thread jennster- made me titter to myself. I am a mooer rather than a choo chooer myself, and all this talk of creme eggs and mini eggs means i will have to add them to my shopping list for this afternoon- can't resist any longer!

LoobyLou36 Mon 19-Jan-09 13:31:37

great title! grin

this mooing business is all new to me

Jennster Mon 19-Jan-09 14:06:39

The mooing and choo chooing post from the end of the last thread really tickled me. grin Personally I've been a constipated foghorn sort of gal but then that's not nearly as poetic.

Jennster Mon 19-Jan-09 14:06:58

posts even

Jennster Mon 19-Jan-09 14:13:45

Tis snowing here. It won't stick but hey it looks nice. Shame the loft lagging man keeps leaving the door open and letting in arctic blasts.

MatthewAndBumpsMummy Mon 19-Jan-09 14:28:37

yeah a new thread! thanx jennster. love the title i must admit i didnt do any of that last time as had epidural so couldnt feel anything.

im feeling rather tired today as ds (3yrs 7mths) woke up at 2am this morning and didnt go back to sleep till 5.30am!!! hmm he has a lil cold so that must of been why i spose. so really feeling the affects of that now, he did sleep in till 11am but that doesnt seem to have made up for it, he should of been at pre-school today too but thought better not take him in as didnt think he'd make the whole day, so now ive got him at home and i think he's feeling the affects of his strange night too coz he's whinging like a trooper sad

well thats my moan over now, hope everyone else is well and enjoying being pregnant like me smile

FiKelly Mon 19-Jan-09 14:28:44

one of my friends in edinburgh has loads of snow today... and her boiler broke down yesterday! she's feeling the cold too until her heating fixed...

1stMrsF Mon 19-Jan-09 15:32:28

Hurrah for lovely new thread and I do like the name.

detsy the Outnabout faces forward. I couldn't find a twin buggy that faced me that wasn't unsuitable for some other reason: I wanted a sidebyside rather than a tandem, the Mountain Buggy won't fit in my boot, the Easy Walker was too big both for both and for me (but otherwise a great pram), the Baby Jogger doesn't have pneumatic wheels (and having pushed the outnabout and Mountain Buggy in comparison I decided that was a must) and the Emmaljunga Cerox is HUGE - I think you'd need to live in a warehouse and have a removal truck as your car to own that. I couldn't find a stockist of the Firstwheels City but it also has non-pneumatic wheels so decided to go ahead with OutnAbout rather than look any further.

I have a nasty cold - the sort of thing that would be no trouble with Lemsip Max Strength, but is a disaster in pregnancy non-drug taking mode, but thank you MatthewandBumpsMummy for cheering me up - I am also really enjoying being pregnant despite the various aches and pains, and particularly enjoying watching my babies move through my tummy this week - it's mesmerising!

MatthewAndBumpsMummy Mon 19-Jan-09 16:11:45

your welcome 1stMrsF, i know what you mean about the aches and pains. yeah its great feeling them moving around isn't it, cant imagine what it must be like for you with two in there! DH felt a few kicks this morning for the first time too which was really nice for both of us

frazzledoldbag Mon 19-Jan-09 17:04:03

RE: Outnabout double buggy - My SIL has one and loves it. I've used it on occasion too and it seems pretty good and easy to push. She says it fits through most normal sized doorways too. The only issue is the seats can't face you.

runningmonkey Mon 19-Jan-09 17:31:12

Hello all,
Have just scoffed a creme egg on way home from tesco so feel that I am now allowed to join new thread

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly 1stMrsF but glad you are enjoying being pg. Hope everyone else is feeling ok.

1stMrsF Mon 19-Jan-09 17:38:20

I want a creme egg...

llareggub Mon 19-Jan-09 17:41:54

I'm very jealous by all this creme egg talk! Only 3 months or so before I can indulge in such pleasures! I'll definitely pack a creme egg or 3 in my hospital bag...

HtheH Mon 19-Jan-09 17:42:08

Anyone tried Lactulose to ease their constipation? Lady in Boots said it was fine, but I really don't want to take anything that may cause problems. I read somewhere that laxatives can sometimes cause you to go into premature labour. Belgian do you know if it is safe?
Thanks guys, love the new thread name and must pop out for the creme egg now! Or maybe mini eggs!
I am off to the mountains tomorrow so a bit nervous about the flight and altitude, but I have been reassured that it is totally safe as will only be at 1500m (5000ft). Back in a week. HOpe you all stay well and happy until then.
x

CoteDAzur Mon 19-Jan-09 18:07:43

This is how I eased my constipation:
- change prenatal vitamins for one that doesn't have any iron it it
- drink coffee with milk about an hour after breakfast in the morning (and stay near a toilet! smile)

pulapula Mon 19-Jan-09 18:12:17

Well, in my desperation to find the mini eggs at the supermarket (they were at the counter) i totally forgot to buy nappies blush. Luckily we're not at a critical level yet.

And guess how many bags i bought?

four! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (DH likes them too as do DD and DS so thought i'd better stock up).

CoteDAzur Mon 19-Jan-09 18:17:31

Am I lucky that I don't even know what a "Creme egg" is?

SpangleMaker Mon 19-Jan-09 18:25:46

Woohoo lovely new thread Jennster smile I want a creme egg NOW! AND champagne and canapes please Frazzled

What a lot of catching up there is to do after just a few days away! Really glad Nikkie is ok, hope she can come back to us later on. Can I confess to being another stationery addict? I'm currently drooling over this stuff and trying to find justification for getting some... £34 for a box file isn't really excessive is it???!

Hen weekend in the Cotswolds was fun but tiring. Managed to stay up until 1.30am on both nights but was then woken up several times by drunk people until 4am (unfortunately I was sharing a room with the ring leaders). So I've been working from home today and really struggling to concentrate... ended up having a 2 hour lunch break/siesta on the sofa blush I guess I will have to get used to a slower pace for a while.

Right, better go and do a bit of clearing up before DH gets home. He didn't do any cleaning while I was away (grr) but did start clearing out some cupboards in preparation for baby (awww) - more than I've done!

Belgianchocolates Mon 19-Jan-09 18:40:12

HtheH Lactulose is fine. It's the first thing our obstetritians usually prescribe if the usual change in diet doesn't work. Lactulose doesn't get absorbed by the body. Constipation is a very common problem in pregnancy, especially if you're on iron tablets. Before you go down the meds route it might be an idea to try if eating more fibre (fruit, veg,...) and more fluids, preferable water, with some squash if water is too boring.

cote you don't know what a creme egg is??? Something needs to be done about that! They're like a real egg but chocolate, so the shell is chocolate and the inside is a white and orange fondant so it looks like a real egg! Like this

jenn brilliant thread title!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now