Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lansdell Suite / St John's and St Elizabeths - views?

(5 Posts)
lamda Tue 23-Dec-08 21:38:33

Hi there,

I am (very) new to this and was wondering whether there were any more recent views regarding the Lansdell Suite at St Thomas's or the facilities at St John's and St Elizabeth's - the most recent posts seem to date from early this year. And any views re consultants? Eugene Oteng-Ntim at the Lansdell seems to get a lot of positive feedback.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

helpivegottogivebirth Fri 26-Dec-08 19:02:41

My sister in law had a cesarian under Eugene and he seemed very nice. he also had a very charming midwife who worked alongside him - very reassuring

lamda Sat 27-Dec-08 19:55:21

Thanks so much for the response helpivegottogivebirth - I'm from South Africa so am finding the whole UK system quite confusing (and I don't have a wide network of friends with babies). As a matter of interest, was your sister in law's CS elective or emergency?

helpivegottogivebirth Sat 27-Dec-08 21:42:08

it was elective. she had an ivf baby and wasrhesus negative so was worried about a natural birth. her local nhs hospital refused to consider an elective cesarean, so a month before the due date they decided to go to Lansdell suite and Eugene was very reassuring etc.
they paid for it but it worked really well.

lamda Sun 28-Dec-08 07:49:39

Great, thanks very much. I think we'll go take a look around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now