Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any READING, BERKSHIRE mums or mums-to-be out there???

(22 Posts)
newmomma Tue 16-Dec-08 14:12:31

Hey,

Thought it might be nice to see if any of us live locally...?

I live in a small village near Pangbourne and am due 17.01.09 with ds1.

Very excited, but don't many local mums/new-mums...

Anyone out there live nearby?

smile

Andthentherewerethree Tue 16-Dec-08 14:24:05

i'm not too far from you in woodley, i have three children aged 11, 6 and 2 so might not be the right age range for you to be wanting to meet up.

i was workign full time until august and am now a stay at home mum as childcare became more than my income working for the nhs.

newmomma Tue 16-Dec-08 14:54:11

i work near woodley (twyford!). until friday that is when my maternity leave starts!

i don't think it matters what ages our kids are all at - i just thought it might be nice to get a bunch of local mums in contact and we could look at meeting in the future if some wanted.

smile

newmomma Wed 17-Dec-08 13:11:00

BUMP

Andthentherewerethree Wed 17-Dec-08 13:18:24

Hi I know twyford well, we are right on the edge of the airfield development near sandford lane?

I am more than happy to have a meet up.

My email is vickimyers at msn dot com

Starshinetiger Wed 17-Dec-08 14:04:02

Hi, I'm in Caversham. Have a 2 year old and due Mar 22 with no.2
Am currently working full-time, but start maternity leave on 14 February 2009 (yippee). Currently struck down with flu, so may not be on again in next couple of days.

f1nut Thu 18-Dec-08 14:06:29

hiya im in caversham aswell, have 4 aged 9 6 , 4 and 12 weeks

newmomma Thu 18-Dec-08 17:33:54

sorry - haven't been on here in a while - lovely to see we've got some more local ladies joining up!

i grew up in caversham - lived there for over 20 years. fab place.

perhaps we could think about arranging a meeting in the new year?

i start my maternity leave TOMORROW and am due 17.01.09 - so between us we'll have a good range of baby/childrens ages - and experiences too i should think!

f1nut Thu 18-Dec-08 18:26:51

yeah would b nice to arrange a meet.

u must b very excited, do u know the sex of the baby?

newmomma Fri 19-Dec-08 10:44:42

yes - its a little boy. although he doesn't feel very little any more!

how on earth do you cope with four - i'm terrified of how i'll cope when my one comes along!?

although i was one of four - so i'd love to have a big family of my own.

grin

newmomma Sat 20-Dec-08 12:35:05

bump...

f1nut Wed 24-Dec-08 10:35:08

hiya, been away a few days at my parents, u all xcited about the big fat man coming, lol.
my kids are all on a hyper

i find it quite easy with 4, no harder than wen i had just 2, im quite strict with routine though and although im not overly strict with disapline there has to b some in place or they would just run rings around me.

how u enjoying ur maternity leave?

f1nut Thu 01-Jan-09 20:39:19

bump xxx

lobsters Sun 04-Jan-09 19:41:06

Hello

I'm new to the site and due 9/1/09. I live in caversham too and don't know many people in the area, so would be good to meet up with people. I probably can't make many arrangements now though until junior makes an appearance

f1nut Mon 05-Jan-09 16:51:34

hi lobsters, wow birth very iminent do u know the flavour? wot part caversham u in?

xx

f1nut Thu 15-Jan-09 10:18:35

bump...

Starshinetiger Thu 15-Jan-09 10:32:33

Hey All, just browsing (while "working from home" - naughty, naughty!!). Any news lobsters? I've got 4 weeks 2 days to my maternity leave, so while pretty hectic til then, up for a meet up from mid-February if you've settled in with the new arrival by then. I'm in Caversham two.
F1nut - how was Christmas, were the DCs hyper?!

janephilips Mon 19-Jan-09 14:41:05

Have just heard that Natal Hypnotherapy are running a hugely discounted 2 day course in Reading on the 30 and 31 Janaury at the Therapy Centre. I did the course last year and it was fantastic and helped me have a brilliant birth. The course cost me £280 but this is a scecial training course and so only costs £90 per couple. You can contact them at info@natalhypnotherapy.co.uk

galaxymummy Sun 01-Feb-09 18:41:17

Hi Jane,
Hope you enjoy your natal hypnotherapy classes have had good feedback on these. I live in Earley and have dd 14 and ds now 16.
For caversham mums costa coffee seems to be haunted by mums to be.
If you know anyone expecting twins I teach classes just for them.
Looking forward to snow?
galaxy

f1nut Sun 08-Feb-09 15:15:21

hi all, how is everyone?

Starshinetiger Tue 05-May-09 20:13:24

Hi, anyone still reading this thread? Can any of you recommend a cranial osteopath in the Reading area? Would really like to take DD to one (she's 7 weeks) and would prefer to go with a recommendation. Thanks!

galaxymummy Fri 05-Jun-09 22:55:00

Hi I can recomend becky knott 01189267438 RG1 7438
galaxy twin teacher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now