Talk

Advanced search

Inguenal hernia (spelling?) and childbirth... advice from Mears, anyone, please?

(2 Posts)
orangina Wed 23-Mar-05 20:16:02

I was diagnosed with an inguenal hernia on my RHS at about 30 weeks, am 37+ now, which has got steadily bigger. It's visible at the front, and I think I can also feel a swelling underneath, where, to make matters worse, I have a varicose vein (sorry if TMI), all of which is pretty uncomfortable. I'm not too worried about the VV to be honest, but I am concerned about the hernia, as I really don't know how I am going to push a baby out without pushing the hernia out as well, if you see what I mean. Am seeing the doctor tomorrow and will try to get them to address my concerns; up until now I have felt a bit fobbed off, and I would just like to be reassured (or otherwise) that I don't have to be worried about pushing, otherwise my labour will be.... I don't know, very nervous. Any experience or advice VERY VERY gratefully received. Also, if I should be asking the doctor anything in particular that I might not think of myself. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

orangina Wed 23-Mar-05 21:19:03

sorry, just realised that I should post this under childbirth.... will do that now, please ignore this here...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now