Talk

Advanced search

Due November 08 - A clove of garlic to cure Strep B...but where do I put it? Oh dear, Oh me ;0)

(974 Posts)
LackaDAISYcal Thu 23-Oct-08 14:06:30

grin

I kept it pretty clean; too chicken for anything else

sparkletoes Thu 23-Oct-08 14:10:46

LOL Daisy!

You are right about diabetes and big babies my nana had diabetes and my mum was over 10lbs!!

ceebee74 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:12:49

Love it!!

LackaDAISYcal Thu 23-Oct-08 14:17:33

just reading my last post on the old thread......and PMSL as it reads that I have tried it myself grin

Why do BH contractions start mid to late afternoon and go on all evening? Why don't I get them in the morning?

Dozymare Thu 23-Oct-08 14:27:15

yeah I LOVE the fact that this thread title is implying that it is up your noony!!! Definately an "in" joke...well don you!!!

I am really at the lazy stage now, I feel like a big fat slug who has no energy whatsoever for the shcool run...........Do I drive or DO i walk, that is the question??

ceebee74 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:32:43

Dozy I am so at that stage aswell even though I am quite a bit behind you! I jibbed out and drove DS to nursery this morning and am secretly hoping it will start raining later so I have an excuse to drive to pick him up blush

Dozymare Thu 23-Oct-08 14:35:20

and I am being a CRAP mum......sat on my rather large a*se, drinking diet coke and mumsnetting whilst DS2 plays with his ninky nonk.......feel very bad but not bad enough to run around the park for an hour or so blush

Dozymare Thu 23-Oct-08 14:36:10

oh, and a "ninky nonk" is not a willy for those of you that are first timers. It is a train thingy from the Cbeebies programme "the night garden"

ceebee74 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:37:36

That has so made me laugh Dozy grin....'playing with his ninky nonk' wink

ceebee74 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:38:39

DH is due back from his meeting anytime and he is going to go mad when he realises I haven't done anything constructive all day blush

Dozymare Thu 23-Oct-08 14:40:22

you and me both!!

I am going to walk - aaaargghh - up a hill as well, shall set off now and hope the fresh air and exercise does me good!

Am actually quite looking forward to going into hospital next week just to get a break from routine!!!!!!!!!1

Pinkali37 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:51:21

Dozy that made me laugh. grin

iMum Thu 23-Oct-08 14:51:27

Am knackered too, but have managed to clean out the rabbit and Chickens-am secretly hoping that will be the last time before babe arrives!
The midwife is coming on Monday to do my sweep and then up the hospital for my steroid (in the bum!) jabs, so fingers crossed!
Until then tho last min trip to mothercare this weekend as we still have no car seat!

LadyBuzz Thu 23-Oct-08 14:53:55

Me neither poor DS gets shoved in front of his toy box while I do nothing!
Well I have just got back from the MW and she reckons I will be going for the CS as the baby is still happily bobbing about, she also said it feels like a large head - OMG so pleased in might come out of the sunroof!!

MummyNic Thu 23-Oct-08 15:06:46

Hi all

I've been bad at posting again!!!

Got some news: My blood pressure medication IS effecting the baby's heart - it's a beat blocker which works by slowing the heart rate so cyril's CTG's take ages for him to pass them as his heart isn't as lively as it should be. I have another one on Tuesday and I'm not going to take my tablet until after to see if it makes a difference.

Had another growth scan yesterday - all is well, I have too much fluid (it's higher than the highest part of the 'normal' range) - but too much is better than too little - wait for the flood gates to open - literally!!!!
His growth is spot on and he's estimated to be 7lb2oz at the moment!!!!

Saw the consultant today - this is the scary bit:
I'm 38+1 today. I am to have a sweep next Thursday. Assuming that doesn't work, I have been booked in to be induced at 0900 on Wed 5th Nov, his due date. Because of my medication I am not allowed to go beyond the due date.

Oh shit, I've got to get him out....

Love the title!!!

MummyNic Thu 23-Oct-08 15:08:06

Dozy - glad you explained Ninky Nonk - I did assume the obvious...... grin

sparkletoes Thu 23-Oct-08 15:09:12

I have done very little today as well but haey give us a break DHs/DPs!! We are PG! It may be the only time we have this excuse for a while/ever!!

The receptionist at the surgery whispered to me yesterday "are you expecting?" Er no I just go around with a beach ball up my jumper LOL!!! hmm

LOL at sunroof LadyB

My DS has finally gone for a nap so c'mon the Scrabblers!

sparkletoes Thu 23-Oct-08 15:13:46

Dozy your 'In the Night Garden' reference was not lost on me!

MummyNic hope all goes well for you, how do you feel about it?

coolkat Thu 23-Oct-08 15:21:07

Love the title, just book marking off to see HSM now.

TMI ALERT - Just went for another wee and glob of snot, really hoping things are starting to move - testing your theory Suileddon.

Catch up later.

cricri Thu 23-Oct-08 15:31:14

Congrats to Obs and family grin Excellent news! Hope she's OK. I did text her when I got her message but no reply as yet.
Love the new thread title and PMSL at ninky nonk grin I'm not exactly clued up on In the night garden so I also assumed the obvious blush
Coolkat Hope things are moving for you - how exciting, another baby soon possibly!
Mummynic Hope all goes well for you next week - sending lots of labour vibes your way!

Yorky Thu 23-Oct-08 15:34:51

Dozy - if ninky nonk is reference to willy, then whats pinky ponk?!
Bring back innocent kids TV!

I have been a good mummy, we were on time to monkey music this morning, and we've just been painting - his vest will never be the same but at least thats all he was wearing!

Shattered now- this is when I miss DH coming home in an evening, although he is getting my duty free as I type so mustn't complain!

Rosa Thu 23-Oct-08 15:48:54

Well I munched on garlic and had Strep B test last Mon - will get results next Mon so I hope it worked !!!!!
Had final Doc check today - baby growing very very well - approx 3.3kg all above average and doc says that will probably come early.
Well I join the bad mum club this pm - cannot face going out with dd for fresh air as am shattered . But better go and try and entice her away from the cartoons !

MonkeyMargot Thu 23-Oct-08 15:52:34

Ha ha...LOL at Ninky Nonk!
Perhaps our next Thread title could be:-
"*Garlic fanjos mean we can't bonk,
Let DH play with his Ninky Nonk*!"

MummyNic Thu 23-Oct-08 15:54:44

sparkle - I'm so frightened, I had a few tears in the reception area, there's a lovely MW there who gave me a cuddle - she said she'll make sure she's there for the sweep next week. SHe's got a great, dry sense of humour and I get on so well with her, my own MW is nice but Sally's ace!

cricri - thanks, I wonder if I'll go into labour early? That'll frighten me even more, I'm thinking I've got another week to prepare myself mentally - maybe that's something I should have been doing for the last 9 months!!!

barbareebaa Thu 23-Oct-08 16:02:24

WooHoo congratulations Obs!!

Loving the thread title lacks

Gosh - there's lots of happenings isn't there? with leaky waters and twinges and possible shows and inductions!!

And babies!!!!

Well, there is nothing happening here. sad

Oh well...

It's very exciting reading about eberyone else grin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now