Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Due November 2008 - hang on a minute, that's NEXT MONTH! Yikes!

(995 Posts)
ruthosaurus Tue 14-Oct-08 14:23:33

Not that it'll even BE November by the time we run out of space on this thread... wink

misdee Tue 14-Oct-08 14:25:34

lol. good title

ruthosaurus Tue 14-Oct-08 14:26:17

Oh... it worked. [Exits stage left in search of chocolate as a reward]

Dozymare Tue 14-Oct-08 14:28:22

boring boring boring wink I like our rude, offensive threads! how very immature of me grin.....and very ungracious, well done on starting a new thread...here's some choc choc for you as a reward grin and a cuppa!

DM x

Pinkyminkee Tue 14-Oct-08 14:29:04

yay well done rutho.
I replied to you an the old thread. Do I have to copy it over?

Betti Tue 14-Oct-08 14:34:06

back to the garlic up yer fanjo...not sure my pelvic floor is strong enough to hold it in anymore. Perhaps a whole bulb rather than a clove is the answer wink

LackaDAISYcal Tue 14-Oct-08 14:39:31

and if it's home grown you can keep some of the stalk on there to aid removal grin

oooh rutho you sooo missed an opportunity to do a title about group B strep and garlic wink

we'll be through with this one in a few days so we can be more risque next time grin

right, off to whizz round and look like I am a domestic goddess instead of a domestic slug, then school run and all the horror that the witching hours between school and bedtime entail <weary sigh>

Back later smile

coolkat Tue 14-Oct-08 14:42:31

LOL at Garlic up your Fanjo!

Been lurking as you keep me entertained!

Another one who is knackered as not sleeping well, not helped by DH who snores - he is one nights tonight thank god.

Wishing the next two weeks away, got an upset tummy today and I feel quite sick.

Obs sorry about probems down there, and Merry your itching sounds horrible.

Right ladies <quick wave> off to do the school run waddle!

Pinkyminkee Tue 14-Oct-08 14:44:42

Perhaps more of a home made garlic tampon affair? I can't believe I just typed that...

rutho I buy most of my cloth from the US and Japan.

John Lewis is actually very good for cloth.

You are welcome to buy a bit of fabric off me at cost if you give me an idea what kind of thing yuo want and how big a piece you need.

barbareebaa Tue 14-Oct-08 14:47:03

ooh hello!
Love the new thread title grin
What's all this about garlic? How would one retrieve it? hmm blush
'noony'grin

Dozymare Tue 14-Oct-08 14:47:35

I am still mortified at the thought of GARLIC in your nonnie....I really must tell that one to DH....can you imagine the scene....DH getting all romantic and you having to say "sorry, I am marinating in gfarlic tonight"

Hee Hee Hee

barbareebaa Tue 14-Oct-08 14:50:25

Gah! nonnie not noony lol

sparkletoes Tue 14-Oct-08 14:52:53

Love the title Ruthy, sums up my own feelings right noe about the whole thing!

Garlic tampons lol!!! Think we need our own Brian Potter back for a rendition of Garlic! Garlic! Fanjos! (instead of bread... no?..shut up Sparkle).

I love John Lewis fabrics, in fact the whole store! I know very Wifely of me but I can't help it. It's a weakness. Like scrabble.

chocolategal Tue 14-Oct-08 14:56:34

thanks for new thread title rutho!
hope those AB's work obs, sounds very sore and miserable.

good to see we are all getting our way with the baby names....my DH was always keen on fraser but think i have talked him into Ewan

ruthosaurus Tue 14-Oct-08 15:08:19

Yay - we are SO winning the great domestic names war of 2008! We should be running the world, seriously.

Pinky, the fabric thing is just to cover the edges of the basket on the inside and tuck under the mattress so the basket looks pretty but not frilly and stops Baby Saurus from scratching itself on the baskety walls surrounding it. All the moses basket dressings I've seen on Ebay etc are scarily flouncy and I'm more of a primary colours kind of gal.

I think I basically need to make a sort of skirt that goes on the inside of the basket and then elasticate the top. John Lewis - but of course, dahlinks, where else does one buy fabric? Where else in Sheffield with on-site parking, anyway...

Dozy and Sparkle, you are so gross, in a good way! LOVE the Brian Potter analogy (no pun intended - jeez, ladies, minds out of the gutter!) and can just hear it - "I've seen the future!".

Do we have too much free time for thinking or what?

Oblomov Tue 14-Oct-08 15:40:04

Hi Guys
Loving talk of garlic fanjo's.
Heart2mum, thats great news on HB.
Betti, not such great news. Sorry about that. But as you said. It is for good of health. And your little one WILL be o.k.
Best wishes to Sparkles friend, her ds having op.
LOL at Daisy's 'pickled', due to champagne.
Shall we combine that with the garlic ? and we have nearly one of Dozy's fab meals wink

Bet we will fill another thread, before we even get any more birth announcements !!

Oblomov Tue 14-Oct-08 15:42:11

Agree. Title is too timid for us. Get chatting. Then we can have a garlic up ya fanjo title. Ha ha.

Oblomov Tue 14-Oct-08 15:43:32

Where is Brian Potter ?
Anyone seen her ? Is she o.k. ?

LadyBuzz Tue 14-Oct-08 15:47:46

Oh I'm nearly wetting myself laughing at the garlic fanjos!
Obs ouch hope you feel better soon.
HM2J yeay for your homebirth.
Sparkle Luke is a fab name - not that i'm biased or anything wink
Hope the babies havings ops today go very well, thoughts are with them.
I'm pysching myself up for a fight at the hospital tomorrow although I think baby is still comfortably transverse <fingers secretly crossed> so will hopefully get a date grin

LadyBuzz Tue 14-Oct-08 15:49:00

Drswife has posted on the secret stor thread quite recently I think she is just busy.

Pinkyminkee Tue 14-Oct-08 15:52:01

Rutho I think that sounds very straightforward, if you make it like the liner except a bit 'taller' you can elasticate the top and turn it over the top edge.
I would go for some cotton jersey or flannel that has a bit of stretch and wont need ironing!

You can get baby elastic from JL too. I go to a few shops around here too but I don't know any in Sheffield, I'm afraid.

ruthosaurus Tue 14-Oct-08 15:56:10

Yeah, okay, so busted re timid title, but it took me so long to remember how to start a thread that the whole garlic fanjo affair was but a snippet when I started! I try to keep up but I'm so slow these days, I just lumber around like a Diplodocus in a swamp, munching on vegetation and Haribo and snapping at passing doughnuts...

Brian Potter is a MNer? Well I never.

Obs, I am now determined to give birth before we end this thread, just out of sheer badness! C'mon, Baby Saurus - engage, engage!

AutumnLady Tue 14-Oct-08 15:57:24

Very quick hello to you all and can't beleive we are on another thread already!!!

Just bookmarking as am in the local library logging on and have 4 mins left. Will do this again as it's free and only down the road. Will get my own stuff sorted at home soon and then you won't be able to shut me up!

Love the new title and it is very tame in comparison to others we have had....

Hope you are all well and I'll post again when I get chance but don't forget about me now will you hmm

xx

ruthosaurus Tue 14-Oct-08 15:58:13

Pinky there is such as thing as baby elastic? Well I never again. I am having a learning type day and no mistake. Is it vastly different from non-baby elastic? Mind you, I'm sure the lovely JL staff will know EVERYTHING when I go in...

Pinkyminkee Tue 14-Oct-08 16:00:11

I always use baby elastic on my baby things. It''s very nice, soft rounded elastic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: