Talk

Advanced search

October 2005 - time for nr. 2 !!!

(635 Posts)
SusiS Thu 03-Mar-05 09:00:08

i always wanted to do that

bonniej Thu 03-Mar-05 09:20:40

Morning everyone, just thought I'd get the ball rolling for this thread. Well done SusiS Have woken up this morning and feel a little bit better but don't want to tempt fate so taking things easy. Look awful though. Pale with dark circles round my eyes, lovely. All I need now is the bulging belly and I'll be a vision. Haven't put any weight on yet due to the sickness but I'm sure it won't be long. I'm about 9 weeks now I think but have been told I won't see the midwife until 12 weeks and then my first scan will be at about 18 weeks. I've had previous m/cs so could probably push for an earlier scan. I'm finding it really hard to deal with the smell of my dh at the moment! I know that sounds odd but he's a smoker (I'm not). He doesn't smoke much and never in the house but the smell lingers and I can't go anywhere near him when he's had one. He's trying really hard to give up but finding it difficult. I've warned him I might end up being sick all over him if he carries on. Anyway off to get dressed now. Really don't want to spend half the day in my pjs again

Jockey Thu 03-Mar-05 09:22:29

Hi everyone! Can I join you please. I've been lurking for a while. Baby no 4 due Oct 13th. Yes, complete madness isn't it! (I've got 2 boys and a girl.)

Still at the exhuasted/sick stage like many of you - salad makes me heave! This cold weather makes me feel worse. Really glad to know I'm not alone. Hoping it will pass soon and we'll all forget about this horrible bit!

bonniej Thu 03-Mar-05 09:25:18

Hiya Jockey and congratulations I'm the same with salad and veg and anything healthy really. Can't wait until it passes. Welcome to the October club!

mummygow Thu 03-Mar-05 09:30:24

again I dont know if it is my flu or my preg but I dont feel like eating anything just now.

I thought everyone got a scan at 12 wks now!

Sallie Thu 03-Mar-05 09:37:55

Reenabeena - I have posted a reply to you re C&W on the Sept thread. Hope it helps....feel free to ask any further questions you may have.

Fastasleep Thu 03-Mar-05 10:43:14

Hey well done on the new thread lol, mummygow I only think my dates are a wee bit off because my doc's not very experienced TBH and they use a 28 day cycle as the basis for their er...adding up and my cycles were all over the place, I'll have to wait for the scan!

Fastasleep Thu 03-Mar-05 10:44:31

Welcome to Jockey! Goodness I'm beginning to get worried about the class sizes for when my little one's going to school - October really is the baby boom month!

bonniej Thu 03-Mar-05 12:11:09

blame the crap telly over christmas and new year fastasleep

Fastasleep Thu 03-Mar-05 12:24:10

Lol!

Lexie100 Thu 03-Mar-05 13:14:15

So pleased i'm not feeling as sick as you lot. I seem to be managing not to puke by constantly eating - not good for the weight though.

I burst into tears last night watching comic relief and then again this morning. Had a hell of a night with the dog and now very worried that if i can't look after a dog how the hell will i be able to look after a child. So confused. Want baby, don't want baby in case i'm a crap mother..... AGGGHHHHH
reassurance needed please.

morningpaper Thu 03-Mar-05 13:34:07

Lexie: All those feelings are NORMAL. I keep thinking HOW AM I GOING TO DO THIS? even though I already have a 2 year old who does not seem too damaged from my ateempts at motherhood so far. It's hormonal panic.

I look like a MOOSE - I wish I'd had a haircut and eyebrow shape in week 5 before the sickness cut in. The thought of sitting in a hairdressers for an hour makes me pale with nausea.

Went to Sainsbury's before work today to scoff a plate of fried breakfast. (This was AFTER my normal breakfast.) Then ate two bars of chocolate, a bowl of mango, a chicken sandwich and a smoothie. Now I'm going to make lunch. I might need to invest in a nosebag.

SusiS Thu 03-Mar-05 13:42:34

wow mp that's alot
nausease feeling has come back - so am not eating much till afternoon - and strangly enough when i do eat i can't eat as much as i used to be able to!!! half of a "normal" plate and i am stuffed full
but there is always room for something sweet

and lexie: perfectly normal!!! blame it on hormones!!!! oh, and you can use this excuse for the next 2 years
i had no clue how to cope with a baby and now it's second nature! (ds is 10 months now) and i am as scared as you are; just about how to cope with 2 !!?!?!?!

Kiwifruit Thu 03-Mar-05 14:28:55

Good Afternoon Ladies! Good plan starting the new thread SusieS. Logged on to find that everyone is saying exactly the same things that I'm feeling - makes me feel almost normal!

Jockey - welcome, and you're not alone in heaving at the thought of salad - me too! Bit of a problem as it usually constitutes 1/2 of my meal!

Lexie100 - I keep bursting into tears at everything and anything (and poor dh was excited at the thought of no PMT for 9 months - ha!), and have not the first idea of what to do with a new baby (and no friends in this country with kids, which is a bit scary!).

I have a dating scan this afternoon, which I'm excited/scared about - a bit scared that they won't find anything, and I'm not pregnant after all! Or that I'm not as far along as I think I am, as feels like I've been pregnant forever already!! So this afternoon will know if I'm supposed to be on this thread or the September one... (Doctor says Sept, but based on a 28 day cycle, which definitely isn't me...).

Fastasleep Thu 03-Mar-05 14:45:09

I keep crying at everything too! God morningpaper I wish I was eating like you! Have only managed half a bowl of porridge and some tiny sandwhiches....now feeling very queasy!... Lexie it definately is your hormones, they're going to be making you cry about being a crap mum or potential mum for aaaaages lol (sorry!)

Jockey Thu 03-Mar-05 15:06:00

Thanks for the warm welcome & congratulations everyone by the way. At this rate, all the days in October will be covered!

Kiwifruit - very best of luck with that scan. It's funny about the salad isn't it - last time, once I got over the nausea, I went the opposite way and went mad on spring onions which wasn't popular with those around me!

Bonniej - hope you feel much better very soon.

As for panicking - tell me about it... not sure how I will cope with a newborn but at least got a good few months to adjust to the idea yet. And also bursting into tears at the silliest things! At least we can use hormones as an excuse for a good old cry!

madness Thu 03-Mar-05 15:31:03

went for scan this morning as had some bleeding earlier this week , but everything seems OK. I'm not even suffering from any nausea either (like I did with ds and dd)>

Lexie100 Thu 03-Mar-05 16:39:42

Thanks guys i thought i was craking up. Ordered some maternity clothes over the web today should be here in 3 weeks or so. Thought it might make me face up to the P. Not gettiing anything else though, one step at a time.

Piggiesmum Thu 03-Mar-05 18:30:02

lol SusiS, yep the whole thread, just trying to get to know everyone a bit. Took me over an hour but it was worth it

Hi Mummygow and Jockey. Hope you are feeling better soon Mummygow. I've just had a stinky cold myself and am currently using it as an excuse for my current tiredness, lethargy, feeling yukky, so that no-one will guess I'm preggo.

Big hugs to everyone with m/s and tearfulness. I've been lucky so far with the m/s, just starting feeling a bit nauseous and burping quite a lot. but not so lucky with the crying. Sometimes there doesn't even seem to be a reason! Dh looked something like this --> when I told him I'd have 'hormones' for about 12 weeks .

Piggiesmum Thu 03-Mar-05 18:31:46

oops forgot to ask, does anyone have backache already. I have some for the last couple of days but surely it's too early to blame it on being pregnant?????

cori Thu 03-Mar-05 18:32:48

I seem to be eating for England too/
Yesterday I ate 2 pieces of toast, bowl of porridge, Tuna mayo roll, half a choc muffin, small bowl of soup, Subway sandwhich, small portion of rice and chilli concarne, and two packts of crisps, and I was still hungry.
To think I was determined not to put on too much weight this time. At least the choclate cravings havent started yet.

cori Thu 03-Mar-05 18:35:11

I also had one of nastier pregnancy symptoms today, stress incontinence [embarrassed]. I sneezed.......
Never had this before, would have thought it would come on a lot later.

morningpaper Thu 03-Mar-05 20:05:58

Cori about your unfortunate symptom! I haven't had problems before and I'm REALLY hoping that I don't get any this time around... but a bit worried about it of course!

I was also determined not to put on as much weight as before... but as soon as I stop eating, I feel TERRIBLE.

Elf1981 Thu 03-Mar-05 22:29:22

Oh God. I really do regret saying I wanted morning sickness now. I did feel like a freak to say I was getting nothing.
I am eight weeks and a day and today I was actually sick. Spent last week feeling a little queezy / gaggy, but today I leant over to run the bath water, and that was it, spent the next fifteen minutes on my knees, throwing up and stressing myself out. Gagged on the way home. And felt sick after my tea. Somebody at worked commented I look a little "off" so I said I wasn't feeling too good. No "sure you're not pregnant!" questions yet, hopefully can keep symptoms under wraps for a few more weeks.

Piggiesmum - I've had terrible backache recently! I thought too early to blame on pregnancy, but it's had me whimpering when I go to bed!
Bonniej, know what you mean about the DH smell! My DH smokes (never around me, always outside) but even when he opens the door to come in, I get a whiff across the room and start feeling awful! I wouldnt walk with him this afternoon as we went to look at a house as he'd just had a ciggy. He's trying to quit, and can appreciate it is hard for him. I think if I throw up on him, it might make him quit that little bit sooner!

Got to go to bed, completely knackered now. Roll on Sunday when I'm off to a health spa!

Hope everybodys symptoms ease up.

Elf

fastasleep Fri 04-Mar-05 08:00:46

I think the back-ache is the ligaments and pelvis and all that softening up (it starts right away you know) and moving everything around a bit.... I feel awful and I look like complete s**t this morning! I felt so bad I could only manage about a third of a bowl of soup and a piece of toast last night and the thought of getting in the bath/shower was too much (how sad is that) [stinky poo girl emoticon] I couldn't sleeeeep cos I felt so sick! I hope the rest of you don't get this bad lol (in need of pills!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now