Talk

Advanced search

November 2008: October are popping like peas.......it'll soon be our turn to moo on our knees!!

(998 Posts)
LackaDAISYcal Thu 02-Oct-08 19:15:02

Better, No? less cheese-tastic
wink

ChocOrange05 Thu 02-Oct-08 19:20:26

I liked the cheese, but I like this one too! grin

Well done Daisy!

Dozymare Thu 02-Oct-08 19:35:18

Moooooo - well done Daisy!!!

MonkeyMargot Thu 02-Oct-08 19:35:24

Like it Lacks!!

vbab78 Thu 02-Oct-08 20:06:36

lacks - Love the title smile

coolkat - How selfish, stupid and hypocritical of your sister?! On an emotional note if it was my sister I would have probably told her all of the above by now also accompanied by how much I love her even though her flaws.

If my sister ... if cant/wont put off the wedding ... I would go if I felt I was able but still I wouldnt like the idea of going without DH. Even if you could just manage the ceremony but with you and the kids in show stopping outfits grin. Would serve her right!

BUT WHAT IF ... BABY WAS LATE, HOW WOULD THAT AFFECT THE WEDDING DATE? My DS was 13 days overdue.

Pinkyminkee Thu 02-Oct-08 20:13:54

super dooper title, Daisy grin

mamadiva Thu 02-Oct-08 20:19:53

oh Daisy thought you had that bambino of yours was going to say congrats! LOL.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 02-Oct-08 20:34:51

not yet mamadiva......bets are on here as to who will be first though grin

LackaDAISYcal Thu 02-Oct-08 20:37:45

ooh, my lovely DH has just come home and brought me a box of Thornton's choccies grin

He is now laying into the kitchen after a horrible day of meetings all day in London, then the train back to Grantham and then the drive from there to Leeds.

I do NOT deserve him, really I don't.

MerryMarigold Thu 02-Oct-08 20:37:52

Hey daisy, great title. Wish I had mooed on my knees last time...I kept it all in and I'm sure that made it worse.

coolkat...hmmmm, very tricky. Got a lot of sympathy for you...well I am "heavily into church" (not the catholic kind though, pinky wink). And whilst I think no christian can be perfect and therefore will always be 'hypocritical' at times, what I would be worrying about if it were my sister is: WHY IS SHE MARRYING SOMEONE SHE HAS KNOWN FOR SUCH A SHORT TIME, JUST BECAUSE SHE IS PREGNANT? I can't believe anyone would condone that in this day and age, really not a good idea. If it's all a rush job before she is showing then it is hypocritical for sure and anyway, who is not going to know?! Secondary to that, I do think that she is being selfish to do it at a time that is difficult for you, but maybe if you haven't told her she just hasn't thought things through properly. Mostly, in my book marriage is not something you experiment with because you are pg. Anyway, lecture over! But there's my two pennorth!

Saurus and Daisy and Obs, you will be near the top of my sweepstake! OK, Choc, am mailing you now. The amount of times I used to give out my work email with the home address ending! wink

MummyAnnabella Thu 02-Oct-08 20:40:27

havent posted for ages but still lurk to read posts though hard to keep up!

has anyone had their baby yet? or got a c/s date?

i am booked in for c/s on 23rd october though not due to 1st nov. so maybe i am a good bet??

mamadiva Thu 02-Oct-08 20:42:52

LOL Daisy and aww your lovely DH.

Anyway I am not due any children that I know fo so I will vacate this thread and leave all you lovely ladies to enjoy this ahem wonderful stage in peace

Congratualtions to all of you and I hope everything goes well with your new little buundles.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 02-Oct-08 20:57:24

aw thanks mamadiva smile. Keep your eyes peeled for the announcement!

Hi mummyannabel...flipping heck that's not far away is it? Are you all ready, domestically as well as emotionally?

<btw..are elective CSs banned from the sweepstake?>

and talking of dates; what is happening with merrymarigold?

Pinkyminkee Thu 02-Oct-08 21:03:16

Hi all
not sure about elcs- are they too much of a ded cert?

Hi mummyannnabella! Not long to go now.

thanks mamdiva

Just washed a load of baby things and the dcs were trying on their knitted newborn hats whilst having their hottie milk. V.funny. DD has such a peanut head, her's still fits!

ceebee74 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:05:24

Just checking in on this thread - love the title wink

Pinky thanks for that list for the hospital bag - it is great!

Saurus thanks for your spreadsheet aswell - I have no excuses not to be packed and ready now!

I guess us northerners are going to have to keep this thread busy tomorrow eh?

MerryMarigold Thu 02-Oct-08 21:08:56

ahhhh pinky, that is so cute with the hats. Ds tried to put on some newborn socks (covered in pink hearts!). Needless to say he only got 3 toes in! How do you persuade dc's to drink milk, ds won't have it not in a bottle, even nice and warm...

cricri Thu 02-Oct-08 21:10:46

Love the new thread title smile
Had texts from Obs earlier, as did Dozy I believe. She says she's feeling better although getting lots of BH and has this extra gala melon size bump on top of her bump - she says she's going to take pictures for evidence! MW says it's fine apparently and baby is moving lots. She was touched by your good wishes.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 02-Oct-08 21:11:27

sweet pinky. My DD tries to put leetle baby clothes on all her teddies. I even cracked out the newborn nappies as she was trying to put one her huge affairs on her dolly the other day.

I am having laptop ishoos......it no longer fits on my lap sad. If I stop leaning on it after I've typed, it falls off grin

MerryMarigold Thu 02-Oct-08 21:12:38

I won't be around tomorrow am on here or the tea, but will be seeing consultant, will see if they can give me a date, not holding me breath tho...will be on here in the pm and will update you then...

mummyannabella...wow, tha's soon, but still 3 weeks away. i think there's gonna be 3 before that, but not sure who just yet.

MerryMarigold Thu 02-Oct-08 21:14:17

lacks grin, i've got it on sofa next to me! can only type w one hand.

Pinkyminkee Thu 02-Oct-08 21:18:21

That's fab, cricri isthe 'melon' a bum or a head, though? I bet the drip is working a treat, poor thing.

MerryM lol at the socks!smile
DS will eat/drink most anything that is put in front of him, DD is a bit more fussy, she'll have her hottie milk at bedtime, mainly following DS's lead I think. During the day, I cheat <<whispers>> she has pink milk.

MonkeyMargot Thu 02-Oct-08 21:22:51

It's tricky to get into an "optimal birth position" whilst tapping away on the laptop. Hmm....

mamadiva Thu 02-Oct-08 21:23:37

Ooh actually does anyone need some boys clothes? I have a few newborn and up thingies am trying to get rid of.

Sorry for butting in again LOL.

Pinkyminkee Thu 02-Oct-08 21:24:10

Ok challenge..
can anyone post on their laptop whilst sitting on their bouncy ball?

ceebee74 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:25:27

Monkey maybe we should all set up our laptops on a coffee table and type whilst leaning over a birthing ball grin

DS has shown no interest in the baby clothes at all even though they are all piled up on the landing at the moment just asking for him to throw them everywhere - maybe he is in denial wink

As for milk, DS still has a full bottle every morning even though he is 2.3 blush (Pinky is your DD called Lola wink grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now