Talk

Advanced search

Due October 08 - Moaning, Groaning and Baby-Homing

(998 Posts)
CantSleepWontSleep Thu 25-Sep-08 21:01:10

BIRTHS
10th Sept (Due 1st Oct) - loulou33 - Boy - Joe Louis David - 6lbs 12oz
12th Sept (Due 6th Oct) - iuseantiageingstuff - Boy - Fred William - 8lbs 13.5oz
14th Sept (Due 14th Oct) - twinklytoes - Boy - Samuel - 7lb 4.5oz
16th Sept (Due 8th Oct) - Ksal - Girl - Emma Rae - 6lbs
21st Sept (Due 5th Oct) - myjobismum - Girl - Naomi Caitlin - 5lbs 10oz

LADIES IN WAITING
29th Sept perkypopsy first baby smile Surprise North Herts (Ware)
29th Sept WombFor1More 2 ds's 1 dd Boy
30th Sept Aubergenie first baby smile Surprise
30th Sept sambrads 1 ds Girl
1st CantSleepWontSleep 1 dd Boy North Herts
1st accessorizequeen 2 ds's Twins shock - one of each
2nd snowymum first baby smile Boy Near Oxford
2nd 1sttimer80 first baby smile Surprise. Hydronephrosis discovered. Extra scan at 28 weeks (7th July) planned. Edgware (Royal Free, Hampstead)
2nd FranMum2B first baby smile Surprise Kingston
2nd my3honeypies 2 dd's Boy
2nd mishkamoo first baby smile Surprise
4th minervaitalica first baby smile Surprise (unintentionally!)
4th hedgepig 1 ds Surprise
4th pistachio 1 dc Secret wink
4th annwoo 2 dc Surprise
5th rosebury 3 ds's 2 dd's Boy Bristol
5th BabyNubie
6th Bethoo 1 ds Girl Salisbury
6th ronshar 2 dd's Surprise (with dangly bits wink) West Sussex
6th hoff first baby smile Boy Spain
7th belgo 2 dd's
8th kookiegoddess first baby smile Surprise
8th Alexa808 first baby smile
10th Lozza70 first baby smile Surprise NE London (Woodford)
10th emkay 1 dd Surprise West London (Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea)
10th pepperrabbit 2 ds's Surprise
11th staceylouisex first baby smile Girl
11th dooleymum
11th heather1980 1 dd
12th milfakamonkeymonkeymoomoo 1 dd Boy Salisbury
12th star6 first baby smile Boy Surbiton
13th YumMum22 1 ds Boy
14th tedmundo 1 ds Surprise Bristol (Southmead)
15th mum2jakeyroo 2 ds's Surprise Near Lancaster
16th moodywren 1 dd 2 ds's Boy Lincolnshire (nr Spalding)
16th bigmouthstrikesagain 1 ds 1 dd Girl Mid-Beds
16th WheresTheAuPair 1 ds Boy
19th MrsTittleMouse 1 dd Girl
19th rach010 1 ds Surprise (but dp knows!) Lincolnshire
20th 07mumstheword 1 dd Surprise Bristol
20th AandMsmum 2 dd's Surprise Bristol
20th KnickersOnMaHead 1 dd Boy
20th jenwa 1 dd Girl Worcestershire
20th firsttimer08 first baby smile Boy. Dilated renal pelvis - rescan at 34 weeks. Greenwich
21st hansnava 1 dd Surprise Luton
21st rowanmac 1 ds Surprise North Scotland
21st caramelbunny 1 dd Surprise Manchester
21st jess1996 first baby smile Surprise
21st GirlWithTheMouseyHair first baby smile Surprise (but written down in case of moment of weakness!) SW London (St Thomas)
21st lilbitmum 1 dc
22nd SmudgeyDoodle 1 ds Surprise Newcastle (Gateshead)
22nd wombleprincess 1 dd
22nd pingviner
23rd Sallypuss first baby smile Probably girl Herts/Essex border
23rd Emmsy1 3 ds's 1 dd Girl The Wirral
23rd ajm200 1 ds Girl Camberley, Surrey
24th sparklesandnowineforxxweeks 3 ds's 1 dd Surprise
24th Personanna 1 ds Boy Peru
25th Flum 2 dd's 5th June Wiltshire
26th 4andnotout 3 dd's Girl
26th mariekg 3 dc Girl
27th Rhian82 Boy
27th mybabysinthegarden 1 dd Boy Scottish Borders
27th beaufies first baby smile Boy
29th Ekka 1 dd Surprise
30th Jambers99 1 ds Girl NW London (Hillingdon)

WheresTheAuPair Thu 25-Sep-08 21:09:48

Hello and good evening- haha am I the first to write on this thread? grin

WheresTheAuPair Thu 25-Sep-08 21:13:19

Have decided that fish oil tablets and pregnancy don't mix. Have the worst fishy heartburn ever sad (blurghhh)

sparklesandnowinefor4weeks Thu 25-Sep-08 21:15:34

hi ladies, just so i know where you all are wink

sparklesandnowinefor4weeks Thu 25-Sep-08 21:18:28

btw star6 yes i would let him go, its only one night and you could still be waiting in a few weeks smile

pistachio Thu 25-Sep-08 21:29:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

star6 Thu 25-Sep-08 21:32:35

ok I'll let him go... but he better come home before midnight or I'll be up forever worrying over if he gets home safely. I guess he deserves a last hurrah before his life changes forever. wink
Yeah for the new thread!!!!!!! I LOVE a nice new thread

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 25-Sep-08 21:38:31

Will at least make it til the beginning of October pistachio wink.

sambrads Thu 25-Sep-08 21:54:56

hello ladies oh my a new thread its so exciting

ds birthday has went really well today so far no baby has arrived !!
things looking promising for saturday

bethoo you are the braviest pregnant woman in the world i told my frends all about you and your date and they are so so proud of you and a little shock

so who is going to be the first baby to come on this new thread??

emkay Thu 25-Sep-08 22:30:30

Well done CSWS smile

I don't know why I feel so excited at turning 38 weeks tomorrow just because that's the day DD arrived... I have an irrational expectation that second babies should be earlier than first ones. Silly but true!

Good for you letting your DH go star - it'll be fine, just make sure he has his mobile with him. My DP let his mobile run out of credit and battery the other day so I had no means of contacting him... he was totally unfazed by me being cross just saying, 'you're due in October' as if that made it impossible for the baby to come any earlier!

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 26-Sep-08 05:16:20

Beaten you again star! Been awake sice 4 today, so a bit better than yesterday. Just have lots of stuff about carpet quotes on my mind, and ds had hiccups for 15 mins too, which didn't help with resettling!

star6 Fri 26-Sep-08 05:26:09

Thanks, csws I love waking up to someone else already online! I actually love this time of morning... it's so relaxing and quiet. You can think about things but too early to go anywhere and really stress about anything... just so peaceful and nice. I hope you're enjoying it, too!

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 26-Sep-08 05:31:18

Not as much as you! I'd enjoy it more if I wasn't so scared of waking dd if I go downstairs (she's quite a light sleeper in the early hours, and I have to walk past her bedroom and over some creaky floorboards). I spent the first hour just trying to get back to sleep, and then succumbed to MN on the laptop by my bed! Maybe it's my body getting ready for a labour at this time of day, as I woke up in labour with dd at 5am.

star6 Fri 26-Sep-08 05:42:06

That's a great time to go into labour - after a night of sleep... well, as much sleep as a pg woman can get anyway! I'm going to keep fingers crossed for a morning labour. Had a lovely lunch and baby gifts from colleagues at work yesterday. They are all so thoughtful! We never thought we'd collect so many baby clothes!

star6 Fri 26-Sep-08 05:53:59

does it wake your dh when you use your laptop in bed, csws? My dh would complain about that!

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 26-Sep-08 06:09:10

Nah, my dh sleeps through anything and everything. It would disturb me if he used one when I was sleeping though.
Have made it downstairs now .
I'm hoping for a daytime labour again too. Nice not to be knackered before you even start!

star6 Fri 26-Sep-08 06:43:28

So, as I was leaving my home for work today, I shut the door behind me and then was clicking the button on my car keys (the one that locks/unlocks the car doors) and pointing it toward our front door to our home!!! After a few tries, I started laughing so hard at myself! I have never done that before... neighbour was like, hmm
ha!

sambrads Fri 26-Sep-08 07:54:03

morning ladies

csws and star you really are early birds i too woke up early this morning but was to chilly to get up hmm think that it is our bodies way of getting us used to night feeds
so tired after yesterday we must have walked about 10 mile around the city got some lovely pink things from next i swear i love that shop also got a lovely elle t shirt from house of frazer could not resist hmm

made malteaser buns last night going to make cornflake buns today and maybe a choclate fudge cake for party tomorrow lets just hope i dont go into labour today or i will be left with all food

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 26-Sep-08 07:58:46

Grrr - angry with dh. He just had a shower, then started mine and dd's bath running, but put loads of cold water in despite knowing that he'd just run off half the hot water, so now we have a cold bath and need to wait up to an hour to stand any chance of getting it hot, by which time he will have gone out so be no use in getting dd ready, and we'll be late for playgroup and get no parking.

07mumstheword Fri 26-Sep-08 08:26:28

Good morning. Thanks for the new thread CSWS you really do look after us smile

Sambrads Glad you had a good day yesterday and keep those legs crossed until Sunday at least wink

Star I know you've decided to let DH go out tonight and I would agree with the others and say let him go out and have one last blast, lay it on thick tomorrow as he'll have to pamper you for the favour perhaps treat you to something to eat out or a trip to the shops? wink grin

I went to my neighbours house for a Virgin Vie party last night, it was a foot spa one. We had bowls of warm water with our feet in it and products to try but I couldn't reach my feet! sad I bought one of the products so I can try it out when baby makes an appearance. smile

ajm200 Fri 26-Sep-08 09:07:26

Morning ladies, If I'd known you were online so early I would have joined you. Went to bed at 10 last night but couldn't settle, so got back up and didn't go back to bed until 5am. Did sneak some icecream as a little midnight feast and thought I'd got away with it until DH found it in the fridge this am and woke me at 7 to have a go.. Used my extra night time energy productively. Couldn't do housework so crocheted a tiny baby cardigan instead.. Gonna have a quiet day today, DS has lost his voice bless him.

Star I'd agree with the others, why not let DH out tonight and then have some me time and pamper yourself. When you have little ones me time can become a bit scarce.

Sambrads Glad DS's birthday went well and baby has stayed put. Malteaser buns sound interesting, wouldn't mind the recipe as they are DS's favourite sweet. He can even say malteaser and that's quite a mouthful for an under 2

jenwa Fri 26-Sep-08 09:13:59

morning!
star how funny with tyring to lock your door with the car keys!! That is proper pregnancy brain!! [smile}

CSWS Men!!!!Thats all I can really say!

Have horrible back ache again! Am not sure whether I will make it to next sale tomorrow am!!! Anyone else planning on going?

star when I started my contractions with DD1 it was a tues and she arrived sat. They were irregular and DH did not know what was going on so he went bowling with his brother (who's partner was due same time too!) If it means they are happy and not home whinging then I think thats the best thing, also they CAN move pretty quick if they have to and would not like to look like a drunken bad parent in the hosp so DH never drank that night (or the next when he went again)! I would def let him go, I bet he will be more worried than you smile

jenwa Fri 26-Sep-08 09:15:48

sambrads If you do go in to labour that cake is more than welcome in my house, I am def not diabetic and I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! and of course it would be a shame to go to waste grin
But of course fingers crossed you dont as I know you want to get party sorted.....just in case though grin wink

star6 Fri 26-Sep-08 09:24:44

You're right... I DO want some "me" time... I'll probably just CLEAN, though! ha ha!! I'll try to enjoy it and not worry. Thanks jenwa... you're right, he'll probably be more worried than me!

bethoo Fri 26-Sep-08 09:41:28

morning ladies. jsut caught up! the previous thread only lasted a few weeks it seems!
off to cinema tonight with NEW DP then tomorrow we are going into town, he did suggest retail outlet in Swindon as i want a new handbag then he said oh maybe not and i though oh god just like ex dp he is going to say not enough petrol money etc! but then NEW DP said ''it is quite a distance to travel, you may be uncomfortable'' aah bless then i agreed maybe being in the same area as my hospital is a good idea though am tempted as outlet centre is great!
well i am meeting a friend for lunch to fill her in on my new man but before that need to wah pots, iron and hoover living room.

got another mouse in the kitchen thanks ot cat again! sadly its back legs have gone but i cant kill it so was hoping it would die overnight but still alive this morning! i swear my kitchen is becoming a mouse sanctuary!

dont feel so bad today. today saw a friend whio could not believe i only have a week and 2 days to go as she thought i was at the early stage of pregnancy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now