Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Due Dec 08 - Braxton hicks, baby kicks and leaking nips!

(1001 Posts)
Veggiemummy Thu 25-Sep-08 17:59:06

that was Disenchanted's idea for a great title not mine

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Thu 25-Sep-08 18:15:47

Yey!!

Veggiemummy Thu 25-Sep-08 18:17:55

hi enchanted (sorry will stop referring to you as disenchented now) see you finally fulfilled the use of your thread title.

Turniphead1 Thu 25-Sep-08 18:20:20

God, what thread is this now?? It must be 6th?

pixsix Thu 25-Sep-08 18:29:10

Yay, new thread! I always feel like we must be making progress when we fill a whole thread. Is there a June Ante-Natal club yet? I always like it when the new months appear....

Indith Thu 25-Sep-08 19:03:17

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch! Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch! Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch! Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch! Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch! Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch! Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!

Student MW

1st year

Bless her

<<blood starts dripping onto floor instead of going up the needle to the tube she's filling>>

"Oh erm...should I stop?"

Oh but the poor girl, and they do have to practice on something! And ds had decided to scream and get really distraught whenever anyone did anything to me. Since this was 28 weeks there was blood to be taken and injection to be given in addition to the usual prodding and poking. Think she was getting rather flustered. My MW has the patience of a saint I think, she was so good, she finished off taking my blood from the other arm but she got the student to do my anti-d, reminding her to just ignore ds and get on with it etc.

My arm bloody hurts though from the botched blood. Injection site fine though so top marks for that one!

Indith Thu 25-Sep-08 19:05:21

Sorry that was very "me" wasn't it. Sympathy to all the aches and pains and tired workers.

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Thu 25-Sep-08 19:25:33

ouch indith!

my arms a bugger to get blood from, there only 1 spot on my right arm thats 'stickable' and its actually scaring over as it has to be taken from there anytime I have bloods done.

I have them at my 28 week appt and Im NOT looking forward to it!

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Thu 25-Sep-08 19:28:39

I keep thinking of christmassy titles but other MNers may think its too early! grin

But could be quite funny if we tried to think of fake funny ones that are christmas related for a laugh? Like ...

The holly and the I.V... A Christmas Induction grin

EffiePerine Thu 25-Sep-08 19:42:23

Just had my bloods done as well (26 weeks) - the GP managed to get them first go which I appreciate, being another member of the dodgy vein club. She also measured me and I'm fine for my dates (big sigh of relief). V reassuring on the single artery cord thing, said they'd monitor the growth and I just needed to keep an eye on any changes in movements, which I suppose I should be doing anyway by this stage.

Oh and a kind MNer is photocopying the knitting pattern I want and sending it along so I can start on the cardigan . It's this one and there is a matching hat

then I found \link{http://www.englishyarns.co.uk/sublimebook612.html\these) <broody>

EffiePerine Thu 25-Sep-08 19:42:59

aargh these

www.englishyarns.co.uk/sublime_book_612.html

katie3677 Thu 25-Sep-08 19:45:16

Hi all, had my check up with consultant yesterday and it looks like this is another big baby, 31/2 lbs already and I think they are supposed to grow at about 1/2lb a week from now on, so that'll be a 10lber, hopefully it won't get as big as DS (11lb, 5oz). And they are still insisting that I will be fine with a natural birth, I think not!
Got my GTT tomorrow, so am starting my fast in 15minutes, just time for a treacle sponge and custard and some chocolate I think!
Sorry for all those of you feeling rough, it's not all a piece of cake is it? And great thread title.

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Thu 25-Sep-08 19:48:36

Anyone else still being sick?

Its not quesy morning sickness now its heartburn.

I get it so bad at night im being sick

EffiePerine Thu 25-Sep-08 19:50:34

Enchanted, I'm getting heartburn as well, mainly in the evenings. Grrr. Hate the taste of Gaviscon but might have to give in and get some (unless anyone has some super remedy that doesn't involve swallowing aniseed flavoured soap).

majormoo Thu 25-Sep-08 19:51:31

am very behind on the thread but hello everyone.

Katie goodness your baby looks like being massive! get mixed up with everyone's stories but are you hoping for an elective c-section with this one?

Been feeling very sorry for myself as had a cold and stomach bug earlier in the week and now am SHATTERED. My kids just watched 'Monsters Inc' when DD got back from school as that is all I could stretch to.

My sister's first baby is due on Sunday so getting very excited for her.

chutneymary Thu 25-Sep-08 20:03:40

Just marking for later.

Happy birthday KMP1.

Effie, I have many DB knitting books so if you want any more patterns, just say <<old dear emoticon>> (I am nearly 40!smile) Are you the knitter or a proud granny?

EffiePerine Thu 25-Sep-08 20:11:04

Chutney: I am the knitter, so the finished product will be on the wonky side grin. Mum does knit but she never never finishes anything and so is not to be relied on <sits on bag of half-finished knitting projects>

JamInMyWellies Thu 25-Sep-08 20:12:36

Just popping in to make sure I dont loose you all.

Kimberly1979 Thu 25-Sep-08 21:22:58

Yea! A new thread!

Sorry that some of you are feeling a bit under the weather. I hope you all feel better soon!

Happy Birthday KMP1!!

I've also had achy hips! I've found that icing them down can help. I usually grab a bag of peas and ice each side for 15-20 minutes or until really good and numb.

Verso Fri 26-Sep-08 07:42:52

i want some knitting patterns please! Didn't do any w DD and really wish I had. Difficult to do personals as on train to work (phone). Finish four weeks today! In some ways I can't wait but in others I'm dreading it as I love my job and am not good at resting/relaxing. I must, though! Didn't w DD and the broken sleep was a killer!

Love the I.V. title suggestion, btw. V good. Bring on the bad puns! grin

Verso Fri 26-Sep-08 07:47:08

P.S. Sympathy to those of you w apprentice -vampires- midwives. Also to whomever is having a BIG baby. Happy bday yday kmp.

P.P.S. I passed my GTT!

P.P.P.S. Pass the chocklit. Ta.

chutneymary Fri 26-Sep-08 07:51:47

Good news on the GTT Verso. What sort of knitting patterns do you want?

Sorry I can't come to the meet up tonight. I went out with friends last night and got home at 12.45! Had a belated birthday glass of champagne, followed by another as one of them said she had sold her house after 9 months of trying! All linked to school choices <<dull, dull, sorry>> so she is jolly relieved. I may have introduced the baby to the delights of fizz rather too early, but he's kicking away merrily so perhaps he enjoyed it!

Got the outlaws coming tomorrow. Usually would have to drink my way through it but now will have to do it sober. How will I cope?

Have a good day.

hiccymapops Fri 26-Sep-08 08:42:43

Morning everyone smile

I've been rubish at posting again, had a bad week last week as the little monster wasn't very well, and then i lost my grandad. But i'll do my best to catch up on everything later.

Hope everyone's feeling okay.

My lovely husband tells me i'm waddling everywhere, and i've still got 10 weeks to go!!!!! This can't be good grin

Enchanted and Effie, my heartburn has been terrible at night, i've been trying to sleep sitting up, but i've still been getting quite sick with it, but i have found 4 of those Gaviscon lemon tablets before bed help. I can't have the liquid, it literaly makes me sick. They're the only things i can stomach apart from Rennies (which are pretty useless) I'm quite gutted my evening snacking has had to stop because of this, good job really though, considering the size of me! grin

hattyyellow Fri 26-Sep-08 08:51:14

hiccy so sorry to hear about your grandad .

Indith ouch!!!! You poor thing! I remember a student messing up my anti-d last time around, I still have a red mark on my leg over 3 years on!

Back later - just popping in to add this new thread to my threads.

Verso Fri 26-Sep-08 09:02:28

I was incensed by an article in Metro this morning. (I don't usually read it but forgot to take my 'proper' paper with me.) Anyway - I was moved to comment.

here

This thread is not accepting new messages.