Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New here! anyone pregnant in Marylebone due Feb 09?

(66 Posts)
sososnoop Thu 18-Sep-08 13:27:19

Hello, never been on here before, but have been trying to find other pregnant women in Marylebone and failing, nearest NCT Notting Hill! anyone out there, am due 19th Feb.

LuLuBai Thu 18-Sep-08 13:34:37

Hi - have you tried going into the Feb 09 antenatal club and asking there?

sososnoop Thu 18-Sep-08 14:36:21

I did have a go, but couldn't even find my own post after. ..bit rubbish at this, will try again!

LuLuBai Thu 18-Sep-08 17:24:31

The NCT is obviously very good for finding local people, but you usually don't meet your NCT group until a bit later on in the pregnancy.

Also have you tried your Mumsnet local board - you put your postcode in and it allocates you. I know there is one for Richmond, not sure if there would be one for Marylebone specifically or a wider section of London. Somewhere on mumsnet (I think it is in the Mumsnet Local) there is also a 'meet a mum' section.

Another useful site is Netmums which has local information and listings. (Not sure if I am supposed to mention that on here as it's no doubt a rival to Mumsnet)

ScaredOfEverything Thu 18-Sep-08 19:20:18

Hi there - Im due in Jan 09 and live in Bayswater, 15 mins walk from Marylebone! Congrats

skiingone Fri 19-Sep-08 10:54:46

Hi there, I'm 32 ,due wih my first in the beginning of April and live in Marylebone! I guess you'll be slightly in advance and I could get all the advance tips! Also had problems finding anyone else pregnant in my area.

Beetle73 Fri 19-Sep-08 11:08:27

Hi, Due early March 09 with second daughter. Live Bayswater.
Last time, when living in Maida Vale, had to go right down to Fulham for NCT classes.

peasoup Fri 19-Sep-08 20:06:44

Hi Beetle73- bit of a hijack- any news for me on this thread? www.mumsnet.com/Talk/2402/564292

dinkystinky Mon 22-Sep-08 12:21:00

Sososnoop - check out local pregnancy yoga and pilates classes in Marylebone (am sure there must be some around there) - great place to meet local mums to be. Am a bit further out (Queens Park) but due late Feb 09, though am a second timer so no need to do NCT again... NCT tends to get booked out ridiculously early - think nearest for you is Covent Garden or Notting Hill. Other things to look out for are breastfeeding support groups (if you're intending to breastfeed) - your midwife should be able to point you in the right direction.

sososnoop Thu 25-Sep-08 08:00:02

Thanks for the help, and hello skiingone, beetle73, and s.o.everything, good to know there are some other people around! have ended up signing up for antenatal classes at the portland, almost same price as NCT and just round the corner!

skiingone Thu 25-Sep-08 12:31:51

I'll be doing these antenatal classes as well as it's around the corner from me too ( 5 min walk). Haven's signed up yet thought. Have my NT scan and blood tests tomorrow, will start taking it seriously after this.

sososnoop Mon 29-Sep-08 08:51:00

Hi Skiing one - hope your scans/tests went well, pleased to find someone else at Portland classes, but shame will be after me!

Sarsar08 Fri 17-Oct-08 13:17:57

I just joind Mumsnet and am also looking for new mums in Marleybone. I'm due Nov 24th and we're delivering at the Portland. Met a few couples in our classes, but none of them are in the neighbourhood. Would be great to meet some locals.

sososnoop Wed 22-Oct-08 18:46:32

not due until feb but also at the portland, starting classes there Nov 12th do we cross over at all?

skiingone Thu 23-Oct-08 15:16:08

I think Marylebone coffee catch up should be organisd regardless of when we are all due.

sososnoop Fri 24-Oct-08 12:23:44

sounds like a great idea, have gone part time at work already, but bored out of my mind the rest of the time!!

sososnoop Fri 24-Oct-08 12:30:09

shall we meet next week? Patisserie Valerie, on Thursday suit anyone? am pretty flexible with days ...

skiingone Fri 24-Oct-08 20:00:22

Patisserie Valerie on Thursday would be great! What time suits you?
Sarsa08 - will you be aroud to join us?

elkiedee Fri 24-Oct-08 20:15:19

Feb 09 has a number of other people in London, don't know about anyone in your area. I think my antenatal thread Jan 09 has someone who's nearest hospital is St Mary's, presumably she's near you somewhere. And try Mumsnet Local for Westminster.

sososnoop Sun 26-Oct-08 15:22:08

thanks for the tip elkiedee, Skiingone, how about around 3? thinking tea and cake!!

skiingone Mon 27-Oct-08 16:32:17

3pm is a great time for tea and cake!
I guess I'll recognise you by the bump? See you outside Patisserie Valerie on High Street on Thursday.

Joanna78 Thu 04-Dec-08 10:27:15

Hi, I live in Marylebone and am expecting my first baby 02/02/09. I would love to meet up!

skiingone Fri 05-Dec-08 10:51:47

Hi Joanna,

I've posted on another thread where there is another girl who lives in Marylebone and wants to catch up.
Will see if can get sososnoop to come along, but we can gefinitely organise a coffe/ cake Marylebone catch up and have 3-4 girls there.

x

yaelgoldie Sun 07-Dec-08 23:50:03

Hi, I am slowly figuring out this messaging thing! I am the other one in Marylebone... keep me posted as I would love to meet up on the high street. It will be nice to make friends I don't have to pretend-drink wine with!

(I'm expecting my first in June at Portland Hosp.)

slim22 Mon 08-Dec-08 00:06:11

Hi

Had DS 5 years ago whilst living in Marylebone. I did my classes in Notting hill so no use here.

What I suggest is the pregnancy yoga at tryoga in primrose hill. There are at least 4 pregnancy classes a week. They are very popular and a great meeting place as they have a little cafe. The classes are usually followed by mummy and baby classes so a great place to mingle with like minded people!

Easy access with bus 274 along Gloucester place - through blandford street or paddington/york street.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now