Talk

Advanced search

APRIL 2005 new thread again ................

(580 Posts)
lockets Thu 24-Feb-05 10:40:20

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Thu 24-Feb-05 10:48:06

Message withdrawn

lockets Thu 24-Feb-05 10:52:16

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Thu 24-Feb-05 10:53:40

Message withdrawn

lockets Thu 24-Feb-05 10:55:09

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Thu 24-Feb-05 10:56:25

Message withdrawn

Gem1355 Thu 24-Feb-05 10:59:59

Welcome gillage,

Howz everyone feeling today?

I can't wait for baby to be here i might get more sleep!!!!

hope everyones as well as they can be!

motherpeculiar Thu 24-Feb-05 11:04:41

Gem - are you MAD? MORE SLEEP you think?

hollow laughter...........

lockets Thu 24-Feb-05 11:04:53

Message withdrawn

Gem1355 Thu 24-Feb-05 11:26:53

yeah i know, i do think i'll get more once baby comes tho!!!

leggymamba Thu 24-Feb-05 11:27:12

Roobie - glad to know that I'm not the only one getting worried about no 1 baby. I keep coming over all emotional everytime I think about spending less time with dd (20 months). Have stocked up on Noddy DVDs so I know she'll be happy and not even notice that I'm missing!!

Have to agree that pg & new mums can be completely boring. I am definately the most boring person I know....most of my friends are only just considering starting to try for lo. They still spend hours talking about their cats when we're (rarely) out, my poor cat is right at the bottom of the heap. Still I'm happy being boring

Has any one got a tip for releaving piles - can't seem to raise the subject with anyone in real life and am in pain!

Gem1355 Thu 24-Feb-05 11:28:20

Mother Peculiar i am a bit MAD!!

csa Thu 24-Feb-05 13:41:04

motherpeculiar, have you tried maternity support tights for the swollen ankles? they have made quite a difference to mine. hth.

motherpeculiar Thu 24-Feb-05 13:57:45

Thanks CSA - afraid I am too itchy to wear anything other than PJs at the moment - not quite sure how I am going to disguise them when I do to pick DD up from nursery later might try them another time though, once my crazy rash disappears

leggymamba - I got a few piles last time - none so far this time thanksfully. think I just used an over the counter cream (anusol or one of those) and they cleared up smartish

it is a bit emabrrassing, but completely natural given the extra weight you're carrying etc. Hope you get sorted out soon - they can be very painful

just off to tell Roobie we've moved

motherpeculiar Thu 24-Feb-05 14:01:25

sorry about all the typos - forgot to preview

Merlin Thu 24-Feb-05 14:02:45

Just saw the new thread so popping in to say hello.

Nothing exciting to report, apart from the usual heartburn, sore back from coughing so much etc etc!!!

Feeling quite virtuous today though cos have finally managed to sort out and wash some of DS1 baby stuff and blankets etc, so finally I can put some bits away. Hopefully DS will help me this afternoon, although he is currently glued to the Tractor Tom video I bought this morning as a not very well disguised bribe to give me some peace and quiet!!!!!!! Bad mummy!!!

miranda2 Thu 24-Feb-05 14:14:31

Hi everyone! 4.5 weeks of work to go... people keep asking how much work I shall be doing in my maternity leave, or suggesting a nice little project for me to do 'while I'm off work' - grr!!!
I feel very envious of all of you with nice early due dates on here, I'm stuck right at the bottom of the heap on the 28th! Still hoping it will be early though so I can do my friends wedding on 7th May...
Not feeling too bad at the moment - seem to have been blooming late, the last few weeks. I'm having an afternoon nap every day (about to go off for that now), and have finally solved the problem of horrendous night cramps by banking loads of pillows behind my back so I can't end up lying flat on my back. Keep meaning to go swimming, but have so far managed ONCE!! Pathetic. Roll on the evening of Easter sunday, when I will have finished work.
Oh, and glad to hear I'm not the only one drinking! I was so good last time - this time '1 to 2 glasses once or twice a week' seemed sensible, though it does tend to be three glasses (but only once or twice a week!). I'm sure it can't hurt by this stage...

fishie Thu 24-Feb-05 15:51:56

ooh another thread, perhaps our last? I'm not due till 26th April, which I know is ages away but it will come very soon I'm sure. Trying not to be silly about this, but I'm scared.

Lockets why is it nice if baby is lying sideways (which apparently mine is)? Is it comfier?

Raindog Thu 24-Feb-05 16:03:42

oh good - a new thread! Miranda2 I'm even further down than you on the heap - the 30th! And I've got another 6 weeks of work left after this one. Maybe I can use up some holiday instead... I'm going to get broadband installed at home soon and then I can pretend to be working from there, and obviously keep up to date on mumsnet!

I'm beginning to find the London transport system a real drag now - I was nearly in tears yesterday when some drunk bloke fell on me as I was getting off the tube at about 5.30pm! and people are just so RUDE - they sort of stand aside occasionally to let me get on the train, and then procede to all ram on it afterwards to squash me against the side - I hate it!

On a more positive note (sorry to be so negative) baby is kicking around lots which is really comforting, and is defintiely head down at the moment, which is even better! And the midwife was talking about delivering my homebirth 'kit' in a few weeks so I'm getting excited now. Apparently all I need to provide is old linen/towels, a plastic sheet and lots of bin liners.....!

Verso Thu 24-Feb-05 19:49:38

Totally agree about the London transport system, Raindog! People can be so RUDE!!

Miranda2, it's my Mum who keeps suggesting 'little projects' for me! She told me last night it would be 'awful' being on maternity leave before the birth because I'll get so bored. Am I weird to be looking forward to it?! Three weeks to go, and I'm going to savour every peaceful moment of it! (and sleep a lot.)

Oh, and I have to say it's good to see a discussion about smoking and drinking on a pregnancy website! I also visit another one, but because it's predominantly American, you can imagine how that kind of conversation would be received!! I gave up smoking before trying for a baby, and most of the time I'm extremely glad I did, but sometimes I feel a weird nostalgia for the old unhealthy me... nice glass of red wine and a Marlboro light. Shocking! Thankfully, I find the smell of both really horrible at the moment, so it hasn't been too difficult to avoid both... but I sometimes find this new squeaky-clean me rather odd!

Anyway - best stop rambling for now!

lockets Thu 24-Feb-05 19:52:16

Message withdrawn

Gem1355 Thu 24-Feb-05 20:00:25

Hi

Been to my 34 week antenatal and everything okay, but have alot of sugar in my water so have to fast tonight and go for blood test inthe morning! baby's head still 2/5 engaged which is good. Got no more cramps, just heartburn and lacking in sleep!! but hope to sleep more once baby comes
Also if shows in my blood test i have diabetes then DR said would think about me getting in early as worried about big baby! which i'm okay about as soooo uncomfortable.

And alsp looking forward to my big cosmopolitan cocktail for after birth!!!!

Seabird Thu 24-Feb-05 21:04:38

Gosh lots of activity today!

Roobie - know what you mean about looking at dd. It's sooo difficult to imagine loving another one like that isn't it? And quite scary in some ways (remember how paranoidly protective you felt when you had a newborn?)

Miranda2- one of my best friends' wedding was a fortnight after my due date for dd (and 150miles away). DD was early and we took her to the wedding age 3 weeks - it was great! Hope you make your friend's too.

leggymamba - I know someone who had horrid piles near the end. She got something from the Dr which helped loads so if the over-the-counter remedies don't help, go to your Dr without suffering for too long.

Re alcohol, one of my excuses is I only had 8 months not being pregnanct since last time (during which I was breastfeeding). Another is that this time I know how little I'll feel like any booze whatsoever after ds is born - sleep is all I'll crave then! (Or perhaps I'm just a bit crap. So true about what Americans would think of us!)

orangina Thu 24-Feb-05 21:48:02

fantastic active thread this latest one! Good to hear everyone's news. Completely agree with those fed up with public transport.... i can't face the tubes so use the buses but am almost NEVER offered a seat, despite being so obviously pregnant that I can't do up my coat over the bump any more.... came home in tears last week after I stood for most of the way home being watched b y I don't know how many healthy young fit people... what was going through their minds? "ooh, is she 7 or 8 months pregnant? wonder if it's twins?". COuldn't bring myself to ask anyone to get up as I knew I would just burst into tears and I couldn't face it in public! ANyway, rant over..... only 2 weeks of work to go, CAN'T WAIT to rest up a bit.
I think my baby is lying sideways too... it hiccups a lot and always the source is somewhere different! still somersaulting around in there, so some growing to do still i think (and hope, do NOT want an early appearance from him/her!)
SLeeping not easy, am desperate to lie on my back but it makes me feel sick, will try the multiple pillows under back trick next....
Keep jolly everyone, and I look forward to keeping up with all your news a lot more over the next few weeks! Oxx

fishie Fri 25-Feb-05 08:55:32

Lockets, I haven't anything to compare it with as is first - odd is how it feels, but luckily I am sleeping fine. No hiccups yet, shame as I was rather looking forward to. Does sideways make the bump look bigger? - I am told it is vast 400 times a day by everyone who sees me, so cheering.

I'm terribly bored, work is taking all my energy, can't face shopping or going out or anything. Only 3 more weeks till mat leave, although I expect will be stuck on sofa by then.

Oh Orangina I get the bus too, it is so upsetting when they won't get up - if I'm feeling brave I say "I'd like to sit there please" and loom over them, they're so frightened I'll sit in their laps and squash them that they've all leapt up so far. Mostly I just don't get on full buses though, rather wait about than have a confrontation and cry all over the bus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now