Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due Sept 08 - the Final Waddle - part one

(995 Posts)
blimey Fri 12-Sep-08 23:31:12

we ran out of space! feels just like my womb!

blimey Fri 12-Sep-08 23:45:08

Is there anybody there?
is everyone asleep? or too busy eating pineapples/battenburgs/ having sex?

on a more mundane note lolli be careful of plastic toys in dishwasher - soft plastic can deform esp any suction pads ( I ruined a stick to the bath plastic duck) however it works a treat on hard plastic stuff

mamamufin Sat 13-Sep-08 06:37:28

Morning all

Where was star when we needed her? Im off to find our list to transfer here. smile

mamamufin Sat 13-Sep-08 06:39:25

ARRIVALS
28-May - Johnworf – Katherine, 1lb 8oz
30-June – KashaSarrasin – Felix, 1.39kg (3lbs 1oz)
26-July - Jenbot - Clara, 3lb 6oz
11-Aug - Crabby - Lilah 2.34kg (5lb 3oz)
13-Aug - Sassafrass - Katie Rose, 7lb 2oz
20-Aug - Sunshinemummy - Effy Marilyn, 6lb 3oz
22-Aug - Talia1 - Anna, 6lb 2oz
26-Aug - Jenpet - Samuel, 3.166 kilos (6lb 15oz)
28-Aug - Potxola - Lorea, 7lb 6oz
31-Aug - Digitalgirl - Alfredo, 7lbs
1-Sept - Debithescot - Andrew, 8lb 10oz
2-Sept - Barnpot - Elliot James, 4lb 7oz
3-Sept - Milkbeard - Jack, 5lb 1oz
4-Sept - Lollyheart - Fraser Liam, 6lb 6oz
4-Sept - Meglet - Meredith, 7lb 4oz
5-Sept - Sunflower78 - Maia, 2.8kg (6lbs 3oz)
5-Sept - Expatmom2be - Sophie, 6lbs 13oz
6-Sept - EandZ - Noah - 4.5kg (9lbs 15oz)
7-Sept - Bogie - Phoebe - 8lb 2oz
8-Sept - ILikeToMoveItMoveIt - Mac, 9lbs 11oz
9-Sept - Ponymum - Sarah, 3.67kg (8lb 1oz)
9-Sept - Mustsleep - William, 7lbs 11oz
9-Sept - Starlight MacKenzie - Katrina Louise, 3.33kg (7lb 3oz) *First Due Date Baby Of The Group!*

DAYS_LEFT
Lollipopmother -8
Gothicmama -7 dc3 a surprise
Hopefully -3
Kitsmummy 0
Biglips 0
Notcitrus 0
Mumiyumi 1
Ellideb 2
Ipanemagirl 2
Mamamufin 3
Minkersmum 3
Jearund 4
Milkbeard 5
Becaroo 6
MelT76 6
Flumpytigger 6
Munkimum 7
Imoscarsmum 8
Izzybiz 8
Blimey 9
Islandlassie 9
Slinkie 9
Mellabella 9
Ninja 10
mum2bagain 10
Mummytoonefornow 10
happymumathome 10
Deb75 11
Pitufina 14
Jennylindinha 15
Pidge 15
Carrieon 16
LittleConnie 16
MissusH 16
WombFor1More 17
Plusonemore 17
Sagecat 18

mamamufin Sat 13-Sep-08 06:43:52

ARRIVALS
9-Sept - Starlight MacKenzie - Katrina Louise, 3.33kg (7lb 3oz) *First Due Date Baby Of The Group!*

DAYS_LEFT
Lollipopmother -9
Gothicmama -8 dc3 a surprise
Hopefully -4
Kitsmummy -1
Biglips -1
Notcitrus -1
Mumiyumi 0
Ellideb 1
Ipanemagirl 1
Mamamufin 2
Minkersmum 2
Jearund 3
Milkbeard 4
Becaroo 5
MelT76 5
Flumpytigger 5
Munkimum 6
Imoscarsmum 7
Izzybiz 7
Blimey 8
Islandlassie 8
Slinkie 8
Mellabella 8
Ninja 9
mum2bagain 9
Mummytoonefornow 9
happymumathome 9
Deb75 10
Pitufina 13
Jennylindinha 14
Pidge 14
Carrieon 15
LittleConnie 15
MissusH 15
WombFor1More 16
Plusonemore 16
Sagecat 17

All updated for us smile

ninja Sat 13-Sep-08 07:29:22

I can't believe it's been so long since an announcement - there's going to be a rush sometime soon.

Happy weekend everyone!!

mamamufin Sat 13-Sep-08 07:50:46

Hmm, yes I too think we are going to have a rush sometime soon grin.
Now, I do hope everyone can find us on this new thread as it is very quite. However, I suppose it is early. I woke up at 5.50 am and could not go back to sleep. I suppose it was because I fell asleep at 20.30 pm though. Feeling quite refreshed.
mum2 I too am still getting a few twinges. Lots of Bh and the occassional sharp pain that stops me in my tracks. However like you I can easily cope with it. Lets hope it means our bodies have done the work and we get fast deliverys like your friend. grin
Kasha and carrioen Have fun at the sale today. I was thinking of going but tbh I really dont need anything else and I always end up buying. There is one in a few weeks in Selby and this one is ofen quieter than the york one so more bargins to be had.
Ds has partys to go to today and tomorrow, so hopefully the weekend will pass quickly. Just getting excited now but feel quite calm about the labour which is amazing.
Have a great weekend folks. Cant wait to hear some more happy news. xx

ninja Sat 13-Sep-08 08:02:15

Hi mamamufin I woke about 5.30 too, but managed to doze a little after. Wasn't alsleep until gone 11 but I'll take a reasonably restful 6 1/2 hours now as that's as goos as it gets!

mumiyumi Sat 13-Sep-08 08:15:53

morning all..........*BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT* We have a girl, our beautiful daughter arrived 12/9/08 weighing 7lb 5 1/2oz, her name is Jessica.

Birth story.... went to bed thurs eve feeling really fed up and crabby fell asleep but woke at 2ish with really strong period pains rang the hospital at 4am as every contractions every 3 mins, told me to go straight over, was checked over and i was 5cm so went through to labour ward. Using gas and air i got through the pain and needed to push at 7.30ish and she was born at 7.41am. The experience was 100% better than my previous delivery. I now have a gorgeous son and a beautiful daughter..... Totally blessed!

I hope i haven't missed a birth.....actually maybe ponymum congratulations on your baby girl smile

mumiyumi Sat 13-Sep-08 08:18:34

ARRIVALS
12-Sept - Mumiyumi - Jessica - 7lb 5 1/2oz

DAYS_LEFT
Lollipopmother -9
Gothicmama -8 dc3 a surprise
Hopefully -4
Kitsmummy -1
Biglips -1
Notcitrus -1
Ellideb 1
Ipanemagirl 1
Mamamufin 2
Minkersmum 2
Jearund 3
Milkbeard 4
Becaroo 5
MelT76 5
Flumpytigger 5
Munkimum 6
Imoscarsmum 7
Izzybiz 7
Blimey 8
Islandlassie 8
Slinkie 8
Mellabella 8
Ninja 9
mum2bagain 9
Mummytoonefornow 9
happymumathome 9
Deb75 10
Pitufina 13
Jennylindinha 14
Pidge 14
Carrieon 15
LittleConnie 15
MissusH 15
WombFor1More 16
Plusonemore 16
Sagecat 17

Just updated the list.......Good luck to anyone else for the weekend xx

minkersmum Sat 13-Sep-08 08:24:27

Congratulations mumiyumi that sounds like a lovely birth and welcome to the world baby Jessica. Well done!!

I go to bed crabby and fed up most nights...glad to know there's hope for me yet!!

Pitufina Sat 13-Sep-08 08:27:31

Mumiyumi CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's great news. Enjoy your little girl. That was a quick one! Sounds like you had a very straightforward birth. That's what I'm hoping for! wink grin

lollipopmother Sat 13-Sep-08 08:32:30

CONGRATULATIONS MUMI! And just as we were saying there had been no announcements!

Still no twinges this end, but I have my sweep today at 3pm, and also there's a big game of football on which could well trigger labour as my DP will be really miffed if he has to miss it! grin

I personally think that Notcitrus has had her baby (haven't seen her for a couple of days), as well as Gothica. It's harder with the others as they don't post as much.

Today I am feeling quite positive, the sweep might work but if it doesn't I am still going to have a non-boring two days (yaaaay! I feel your pain Hopefully!) because there's the football, and the in-laws are coming to stay too, so I'm going to have loads of company all weekend.

Hopefully - I don't know why the pics of my cookies make them look like turds, they don't in real life at all!!

Blimey - Too late!! I stuck one toy in that had a sucker, no idea if it's lasted or not! It looks like most of the rest have coped without too much water getting in to them. I didn't put any soap in the wash though, I just did it at 65 degrees .....

Kitsmummy and Biglips - Welcome to the overdue club!

lollipopmother Sat 13-Sep-08 08:34:44

Oh, here's my 'real life' question for the day! My bathroom wall grout seems to have mould hmm. I swear that we are not dirty people, but around the shower the white grout has got black bits in it, and some orange too. None of the rest of the walls have it, and when it does get a bit orange it just wipes off easily, but around the shower it actually seems to be in the grout. Any ideas how to shift it ... it looks grim.

sagecat Sat 13-Sep-08 08:36:51

mumiyumi Congratulations on the birth of little Jessica, it sounds like everything went really well.

DH and i were so busy last night trying to finish of DD bedroom (decorating) that we hadn't realised that it was past 1am, hope we didn't keep the neighbours awake wink. Still couldn't get to sleep until about 3am though even after being zombie like all day.

MunkiMom Sat 13-Sep-08 08:40:52

Congrats mumiyumi!!!!! sounds like you had a very speedy delivery! and pleasant, for the most part, as well!!!

awww! we were starting to go through birth announcement withdrawls in here, i suspect!! and here you come to save the day!

well done & welcome to the world, bebe Jessica!

well, i suspect the rest of the gals (if not sleeping) are stumbling upong the other "final waddle" thread..i didnt see one anywhere in
the search option this morning so i made one. blush but i have since been back there to add the link to this ((correct)) final waddle. wink

last evening, i was feeling a bit funky, a bit different in the belly twinge department...but baba is still here. i do have a week left on the due date (20th) but really, some of them have gone as early as a few weeks!

as far as babies arriving, i'm afraid the "1-4-everyday-in-september " streak has been broken. awww! 2 day gap! ((if i can remember rightly)) no worries gals! we'll jsut have to eat more battenburg!

becaroo Sat 13-Sep-08 08:41:35

lolli - toothbrush and bleach..get scrubbing girl!!!!! grin

Congratulations mumiymui! What a lovely birth story - hope I get one like that!

Couldnt sleep which is really annoying as Dh had taken ds out for the morning so here I am sorting washing and ironing....going to tesco in a while to get the ingredients for the gingerbread men - I am determined to actually achieve something today as I have had a really pointless week this week.

Seems very quiet on here this morning hmm more births to report perhaps?????????

Have a good day ladies x

MunkiMom Sat 13-Sep-08 08:43:37

oops! i meant 3-day gap for births!

cranmorefifi Sat 13-Sep-08 08:44:57

lollipop mother am definitely trying those cookies next week. Have now put on more than 3 stone and am feeling quite fat (have been feeling ok up to mid last week then suddenly turned into a heffalump).

Anyone watch Dawn Gets a Baby last night? I KNOW I shouldn't have watched it but I am now quite scared. I can't deal with pain and just watching those ladies with their water births made me feel like I just can't do it. Off to search the active birth centre website for some inspiring stories!

Huge congrats Mumiyummi - hoping I have a good 2nd experience like yours (my first time was not great). 11 mins of pushing - I think maybe even I can handle that...

sagecat Sat 13-Sep-08 08:45:15

lollipopmother try a scourer and bathroom cleaner should get some off but re-grouting is sometimes the only way. Look at it this way though its hard work all that scrubbing it may get other things moving too wink

MunkiMom Sat 13-Sep-08 08:45:28

lolli
spray or squirt a bit of straight bleach...
let it sit for a few minutes...and scrub!

((like becaroo suggested, use an old toothbrush if ya have one))

ninja Sat 13-Sep-08 08:53:52

Congratulations mumiyumi that sounds a lovely story and a lovely name.

lollipopmother funnily enough my DH is convinced I'm going to have the baby next Saturday just to stop him watching the Man U vs Chelsea game! All this obsession with cleaning though - let's hope it's a sign

becaroo Sat 13-Sep-08 09:06:51

hhmmm......sensing a real need to defrost the freezer hmm

I have a question.....I was examined last saturday at the MAU and nothing was happening i.e. my cervix was long and not dilated.....

Since then I have been having runs of bh and period like cramps all week - could something acutally be happening ^down there^ even though it wasnt 7 days ago???

plusonemore Sat 13-Sep-08 09:07:18

morning all
congrats mumi a lovely name and what a great birth story!

lolli i've found groutbuster is fab, its basically just bleach but in a sqirty bottle!

i want my baby now! hate not knowing when its coming. gonna try a long walk today and see if that does the trick (although am not due for over 2 wks!)

plusonemore Sat 13-Sep-08 09:07:54

i mean grotbuster

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now